• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
As long as Mac Miller does less than Cole, ill be happy. I have heard no hype from anyone for his debut though, who is buying this shit? God i cant stand that little shit.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
DominoKid said:
mofos been spending money on ass since the beginning of time.

whether you straight up tricking, or buying these women food and shit, its all the same to me.

shit i took a chick to dinner (paying for ass indirectly) last week cause i was trying to fuck but it's soft if i mention it in a song?

nah i cant ride w/ that.

did you break your bank on that ass?

remember son it ain't trickin if you got it

coldvein

Banned
ReconYoda said:
As long as Mac Miller does less than Cole, ill be happy. I have heard no hype from anyone for his debut though, who is buying this shit? God i cant stand that little shit.

i feel the inverse of that. if mac does more than cole, i'll be happy.

not that i give a shit either way, just that your displeasure might make me happy in some way. i'm so petty and pathetic.

Recon

Banned
coldvein said:

not that i give a shit either way, just that your displeasure might make me happy in some way. i'm so petty and pathetic.

Okay? That was random but whatever.

coldvein

Banned
i understand very little about mac miller except what i've read in my local paper. like he's some kinda frat rapper or some shit? is he comparable to asher roth by any chance?

recon: random is how i post. apologies.

Recon

Banned
coldvein said:
i understand very little about mac miller except what i've read in my local paper. like he's some kinda frat rapper or some shit? is he comparable to asher roth by any chance?

recon: random is how i post. apologies.
He is a shitty version of Asher Roth. Also, he is a known douchebag.

PBY

Banned
Mac Miller's album isn't great, but I do appreciate that he didn't go full on pop or try to make a hit club single or try and get big name features-the lack of features is appreciated. Its surprisingly personal, or at least as personal as it could be.

Also, Party on 5th Avenue is an undeniably fun song.

But yeah, you can't compare it to Cole World.

overcast

coldvein said:
is an endorsement from pharrell supposed to mean anything to people? doesn't mean much to me. just curious.
It's a pretty big deal for somebody like Kendrick. Pharrell is big in the producing game.

childish gambino? can't say i've ever taken the time to ever listen to more than one of his tracks (which i thought stunk) but that name is embarassing. just say it to yourself. "sorry, i'm going to see childish gambino tonight.". you gotta laugh after saying a sentence like that.
Fits his personality, I have no problem saying it. No more ridiculous than Lil Wayne, let alone Tity Boi.

Kaizer

Banned
DominoKid said:
wow so Mac Miller is predicted to do 175K-185K first week.

o_O
I don't see what's so surprising, his Twitter has a shitload amount of followers, YouTube vids get million hits, etc. The frat guys and their related cliques are always playing him on campus all the time. He's the next, "white kid rapper" to take to the spotlight.

coldvein

Banned
overcast said:
It's a pretty big deal for somebody like Kendrick. Pharrell is big in the producing game.

i can see it being big for kendrick. it'd be a big deal for anybody coming up making music. as for me, a fan of hiphop? pharrell saying he's bumping dudes tape in shibuya or wherever? i don't give a shit.

what i saw in that youtube clip should've just been kept between the dudes in the studio. having it all filmed made the whole thing seem phony.

DominoKid

Kaizer said:
I don't see what's so surprising, his Twitter has a shitload amount of followers, YouTube vids get million hits, etc. The frat guys and their related cliques are always playing him on campus all the time. He's the next, "white kid rapper" to take to the spotlight.

i aint mad at his grind. but considering i'm in college, i neeeeeeeeeeever hear him.
white folks treat him like he's an embarrassment to white people.

overcast

coldvein said:
i can see it being big for kendrick. it'd be a big deal for anybody coming up making music. as for me, a fan of hiphop? pharrell saying he's bumping dudes tape in shibuya or wherever? i don't give a shit.

what i saw in that youtube clip should've just been kept between the dudes in the studio. having it all filmed made the whole thing seem phony.
Yeah I don't see much in it. He's a pretty good producer, maybe means we'll get a produced track? I really don't know.

Recon

Banned
Yeah, i have only heard Mac Miller once at a party, and it was an older song, and im at one of the bigger party schools in Michigan. Good for him, but i just do not understand it.

Edit: Also, i dont listen to Asher much at all, but the guy has skill.

coldvein

Banned
overcast said:
Yeah I don't see much in it. He's a pretty good producer, maybe means we'll get a produced track? I really don't know.

agreed, pharrell has done some dope shit. i dunno... i just feel like his cache ran out a few years back. the one thing that i took off that little "behind the scenes" video was pharrell being impressed by the beats, and giving dap to kendrick's dude. sure, pharrell could produce some hip sounding single. but (again, just judging off that quick youtube vid) kendrick and his boys know their attack and know what they're doing themselves.

PBY

Banned
coldvein said:
FREEEESHMEN, FREEESHMEN, FREEESHMEN, FREEESSHHMEN.

(sorry, yall made me go listen to "college" again).
Roth gets framed as a fratboy rapper, but you have to realize that hes wayyyyyyy way better than that. Hes on another level lyrically.

Love this song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tnbJS1kWADw

Actually, just go download Seared Foie Gras right now and watch your opinion get changed within the hour.

PBY

Banned
I got you- pic included so you HAVE to dl haha
Asher_Roth_Seared_Foie_Gras_W_Quince_Cranberry-front-large.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?mommq1n3mnm

IrishNinja

Macca007 said:
Mine too. Was listening to it earlier today. Put me in the crowd that judged Roth from I Love College. The Rawth EP changed that.

yeah, i wrote him off on that same track, i think Des got me to listen to Seared Foie Gras & shut my mouth. dude ain't bad.
*edit beaten by peterboy

Kaizer

Banned
Asher Roth was always dope in my book, I liked "Sleeping in the Bread Aisle" for the most part and "Seared Foie Gras" got crazy play when it dropped.

Tokubetsu

Kaizer said:
Asher Roth was always dope in my book, I liked "Sleeping in the Bread Aisle" for the most part and "Seared Foie Gras" got crazy play when it dropped.

Yep. I had Asleep In The Bread Aisle on pre-order. Greenhouse Effect sold me.

coldvein

Banned
peterb0y said:
I got you- pic included so you HAVE to dl haha
Asher_Roth_Seared_Foie_Gras_W_Quince_Cranberry-front-large.jpg

http://www.mediafire.com/?mommq1n3mnm

alright man. i'll check the album. DLing now. some of the tracks i've seen posted in here have been alright.

i'll admit that i've got a sort of bias against some white rappers. when i was growing up in highschool, we listened to the SSLP. that shit was incredible. anybody who (now) is even trying to come into that same niche or mess with the same subject matter will be (by me) instantly judged by that standard. which is probably racist and unfair of me or something.

overcast

coldvein said:
i'll admit that i've got a sort of bias against some white rappers. when i was growing up in highschool, we listened to the SSLP. that shit was incredible. anybody who (now) is even trying to come into that same niche or mess with the same subject matter will be (by me) instantly judged by that standard. which is probably racist and unfair of me or something.
I don't blame you. I always judge white rappers before I listen to them. Definitely unfair, but I always get that "wannabe eminem" feeling.

coldvein

Banned
overcast said:
I don't blame you. I always judge white rappers before I listen to them. Definitely unfair, but I always get that "wannabe eminem" feeling.

don't get me wrong, most of my favorite rappers in america are white. sims, cecil, slug, sage. but none of them came from the "i think i can cash in on em's shit and get pop too" angle that my gut tells me is where asher roth came from. i may be wrong.

Tokubetsu

coldvein said:
don't get me wrong, most of my favorite rappers in america are white. sims, cecil, slug, sage. but none of them came from the "i think i can cash in on em's shit and get pop too" angle that my gut tells me is where asher roth came from. i may be wrong.

To be fair, his whole thing was extremely misleading. "I Love College" is one of like two straight up party tracks his album. The closest he gets to it is some of the earlier tracks on the album that are essentially just about smoking weed with friends. Almost every other song on the album is slice of life or personal.

He's discussed it a bit, at least in an interview I saw with him a year so ago. How everyone kinda expected single garbage instead of the actual bit of substance they got and the interviewer (Clinton Sparks I htink it was?) basically insinuating that, that's why it didn't sell.

overcast

Kyzer said:
Mac Miller has the girls on lock, thats his biggest audience. Like the rap equivalent of justin bieber...
A lot of girls are on Mac Miller's jock. From my experience of HS, a lot of surburban pot heads too.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kyzer said:
Mac Miller has the girls on lock, thats his biggest audience. Like the rap equivalent of justin bieber...
Is this real life?

Mac Miller makes me cringe. He's more like the rap equivalent of Brokencyde.

Esch

Banned
Kaizer said:
As gafhops resident drunken ignorant fratboy i sadly have to admit this is true. But its half love and half hate round here because of what a fucking cornball he is. I'd say that Yela gets as much or more love from that crowd though. Then again i am in the dirty...

coldvein said:

laugh.gif

HiResDes

No DJ, plus I believe like two extra tracks. Plus can I contribute this to the suggestion box as well? Nay? Seriously if you don't have it, get it now!

...Oh yeah and that Mike Schpitz album that Siddx introduced me to is incredible as well.

Bishman

After seeing the sales of Wale and Mac Miller, are we in a hip hop renaissance? It makes me excited to see how much Big KRIT and Kendrick Lamar will sell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom