• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double D

So, I'm confused now as to what's happening with this Tyler pic. At first I assumed it was just some bullshit he was doing and just getting made up to look like that. Now I'm wondering if it's actually the person in that gif, and PD just posted a comparison that they kind of look similar. I don't know what's real anymore!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Bishman said:
After seeing the sales of Wale and Mac Miller, are we in a hip hop renaissance? It makes me excited to see how much Big KRIT and Kendrick Lamar will sell.
Define renaissance and the difference between that and just a new wave of artists.

EDIT: THAT SHIT CRAY

Throavium

Vik_Vaughn said:
So, I'm confused now as to what's happening with this Tyler pic. At first I assumed it was just some bullshit he was doing and just getting made up to look like that. Now I'm wondering if it's actually the person in that gif, and PD just posted a comparison that they kind of look similar. I don't know what's real anymore!
It's a stupid picture from MediaTakeout.

KAL2006

Banned
I haven't really kept up with my music for this year (only listened to Watch the Throne, Lasers and Cole World), what are the top albums of this year.

RJT

KAL2006 said:
I haven't really kept up with my music for this year (only listened to Watch the Throne, Lasers and Cole World), what are the top albums of this year.

My personal favorites:
-Cunninglynguists - Oneirology
-Kendrick Lamar - Section 80
-Elzhi - Elmatic
-Apathy - Honkey Kong

Detox

I would also recommend the Big K.R.I.T. compilation Trunk Klassics compiled by ChldRebelSoldr if you haven't listened to any of K.R.I.T.'s stuff it is a very good starting point.

Download.

overcast

enzo_gt said:
Define renaissance and the difference between that and just a new wave of artists.

EDIT: THAT SHIT CRAY
Idk I guess he meant the sales for Cole and Mac are higher than they should be.

LOL @ Vid. I cringed so hard seeing all of those rich old people bounce up and down (without much rhythm) to N***as In Paris.

HiResDes

KAL2006 said:
You listened to some lackluster shit, jeez.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
KAL2006 said:
cunni.jpg

GhBm1.jpg

kendrick-lamar-section-80-cover-300x300.jpg

first things that come to mind.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I was a big Asher Roth hater at first as well. I love college gave me the impression he was a pseudo-rapper trying to sell albums to white girls.
Seared Foie Gras took me completely by surprise when it dropped, I'll be buying his next album, dude is talented, funny, and laid back.

Anybody thats in the same boat as coldvein and just realizing that he's actually pretty dope, I recommend getting that Rawth EP (Asher Roth and Nottz) as well.

HiResDes

Acid08 said:
MAMA HOMIE MAMA HOMIE MAMA HOMIE

Trash verse.
He said much more than that...Attacking a single bar is idiotic, but I will say that Kendrick's verse is mostly disappointing for such a spitter.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Also my top five right now

1. Big Krit - Return of 4eva
2. Grieves - together/apart
3. Apathy - Honkey Kong
4. Rittz - White Jesus
5. Cunninlynguists - Onierology

Considering how much I loved trunk muzik, I expect radioactive to make my top five at the end of the year though.

Acid08

Banned
HiResDes said:
He said much more than that...Attacking a single bar is idiotic, but I will say that Kendrick's verse is mostly disappointing for such a spitter.
I chose to use that example as one of the things I didn't like about the verse. It was shitty overall, I liked his shit at the end of the song though.

GamerSoul

Acid08 said:
I chose to use that example as one of the things I didn't like about the verse. It was shitty overall, I liked his shit at the end of the song though.

I understand, but I had the impression the were just playing around having fun and shit. I liked it. Nothing too serious.

overcast

HiResDes said:
one is decent, but over appreciated IMO.
Well that's just like your opinion man.. But seriously, I don't think it's a big deal if he's only listened to the big releases. Hopefully he corrects his ways since some people recommended him some great stuff.

KAL2006

Banned
overcast said:
Come on, he listened to 3 high profile releases. He can't follow hip-hop like us. 2 of those albums are good too...

Yea, haven't been following hip hop as much, don't know much about these new artists, the last few albums I had a proper listen to were Watch the Throne and Cole World which were both okay, Lasers was had only like 3 decent tracks. Before those albums I listened to mainly 2010 albums like MBDF, Distant Relatives, Teflon Don and etc. Oh I forgot I also listened to The Martyr, which is okay if you are a Immortal Technique fan like me.

Anyways, I have been lurking this thread to find some new albums and gave a few a listen which I am enjoying right now (Section 80, The Greatest Story Ever Told, Cole World and etc). It would be nice if I can get some YouTube links so I can give a track a quick listen.

The reason I am asking for new tracks is because I am allowed to listen to music when I do overtime at work on weekends, so I need to update my iPhone :)

Tokubetsu

siddx said:
Also my top five right now

1. Big Krit - Return of 4eva
2. Grieves - together/apart
3. Apathy - Honkey Kong
4. Rittz - White Jesus
5. Cunninlynguists - Onierology

Considering how much I loved trunk muzik, I expect radioactive to make my top five at the end of the year though.

You know, aside from mainstream bs, we're usually pretty close in tastes but I couldn't get into honkey kong at all and I had no problems with Apathy tracks and features in the past.

Esch

Banned
Honestly Thursday had no staying power for me. Maybe i havent listened to it enough but its not registering the way HoB did.

overcast

KAL2006 said:
To get an idea of the shit I like here are some of my favourite tracks for me so far this year
Listen to those links I posted. You should like Krit. If you liked Section 80 you'll like Q.

Bishman said:
After seeing the sales of Wale and Mac Miller, are we in a hip hop renaissance? It makes me excited to see how much Big KRIT and Kendrick Lamar will sell.

I think we're seeing new artists build loyal fanbases instead of relying on a couple ring tones or hit songs for short term success. I wasn't aware Wale had fans, but Mac Miller has been building a following for some time now (plus he's white and attractive, pause). Same with Drake, Cole, Wiz, Currency, etc.

It's refreshing to see.

KAL2006

Banned
overcast said:
Listen to those links I posted. You should like Krit. If you liked Section 80 you'll like Q.

Yep finished listening to those, for me it's hard to get into a track after the first listen, but I can already tell I will be listening to Return of 4eva

Detox

Mug5K.jpg

Well I finished listening to Lowkey's new album Soundtrack to the Struggle. The best way to describe him would be a British Immortal Technique. I would say he is probably technically better than Tech and isn't quite as angry or it just doesn't come across as well as Tech. Overall I like the album a lot, I would give it an 8/10 the skits are good the first time around as they fit in with the album but are just too long to keep. That plus most of the tracks were released years ago so it isn't all new material which is a shame but there are 20 tracks. Here's some tracks to get a sample of what it sounds like:

Terrorist
Voices of the Voiceless ft Immortal Technique
Hand On Your Gun
Dear England
Something Wonderful
Million Man March
Haunted
We Will Rise

Recon

Banned
Been listening to that for the last couple week, i think Lowkey is technically a lot better than Immortal and crafts better songs. I was really surprised at how good his new album was.

overcast

KAL2006 said:
Yep finished listening to those, for me it's hard to get into a track after the first listen, but I can already tell I will be listening to Return of 4eva
It's really damn good. If you haven't listened to Krit Wuz Here, that is just as good.

Really feeling that new Doomtree track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom