• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Discotheque said:
is onra chill music or wut? i like to listen to stuff like j dilla and nujabes when I study so anything relaxed and instrumental like that would be ideal this weekend.
Is Chinese Voodoo. So yeah, very chill.

Throavium

Discotheque said:
is onra chill music or wut? i like to listen to stuff like j dilla and nujabes when I study so anything relaxed and instrumental like that would be ideal this weekend.
Chinoseries
Long Distance

I'm cutting Gangsta Boo's verse out first chance I get on retail.

Good track aside from that.

They say I act like an asshole...when I pull up to the White Castle-
-and I ask for an appli....cation, throw it back in her face and tell the bitch I'm a rapper/
Then I whack her in the head with a Whopper that bought I from BK-
-You expect me to be proper? Bitch you better pop in a CD of me immediately slut ho-
skee dee dee da da/

:lol @ this

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Gangsta Boo isn't a lyrical genius or anything, but i'd rather listen to a double album from her then a single song from nicki ass pads minaaj. Plus Boo has good energy, although I'd rather she just stuck to the hook.

Song is sick, Yela is going to have the best major label release of the year, fuck all that other bullshit (unless Krit actually shows up this year).

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
spindashing said:
Yelawolf - Yonkers Freestyle

I felt he went off beat a few times, but this makes me realize that I just love hearing Yelawolf's rapping voice. His voice is just different, as if it were its own beat. I'd definitely listen to acapellas of his tracks.

Totally the wrong kind of beat for him, but still entertaining.

SpeedingUptoStop

will totally Facebook friend you! *giggle* *LOL*
Eminem on a Yelawolf track

iKn3vi8O6yoBl.gif

PBY

Banned
I'm eh on that Yela track- prob cuz my hype was just out of control. Still super pumped for the album.

Eminem is still untouchable goddammmmmmm he just showed everyone wasup.

iavi

I've been repeating 'Throw it Up' since it dropped. This beat is nuts. As for Boo, I've changed my opinion a little bit; delivery wise, she comes fucking correct, but as for actual content... nah. I'm not even going to pretend.

-------

New: Quest - "Still Alive (Where I Have to Go)"

http://ashleyoutrageous.com/2011/11/quest-still-alive-where-i-have-to-go-prod-by-mt-eden/

I really dug The Reason, but just about everything I've heard from dude since hasn't been all that special, imo. This isn't bad, but it gives me that same vibe. His next release "Fear not Failure" is slated to drop early next year. It's on my radar atm, but another hypeless leak may change things up a bit.

Throw it Up definitely gets better on repeated listening.

The chick on the hook was making me cringe the first couple of listens. But she's tolerable now. I'm not a big fan of women tossing around "tough" slang. Always makes me cringe a bit.

overcast

Dreams-Visions said:
Throw it Up definitely gets better on repeated listening.

The chick on the hook was making me cringe the first couple of listens. But she's tolerable now. I'm not a big fan of women tossing around "tough" slang. Always makes me cringe a bit.
She grew on me a bit, but I still don't like her verse. Definitely okay with the chorus. Track is great though.

Recon

Banned
I really hope Yelawolf and slaughterhouse are giving Eminem new inspiration to just beast on his next album. All his verses since signing them have been great.

Tokubetsu

PhoenixDark said:
wtf is this from

Strike Back s2. Great Cinemax/BBC tv show. Imagine if 24 was fucking amazing, european, a bromance and on cinemax. Every episode is like a great R rated action movie.

yeah strike back is a good fun action series. Series 1 got the boss muthafucka dwarf from The Hobbit.

who's making Yelawolf - Radioactive OT? I love the dude but I'm too lazy for that shit.

ReconYoda said:
I really hope Yelawolf and slaughterhouse are giving Eminem new inspiration to just beast on his next album. All his verses since signing them have been great.

I sure hope so. Yelawolf's not the most lyrical out of the new signings but he's by far the most entertaining. Slaughterhouse is full of good emcees but they need somebody to tell them less is more, an album stacked with 4 people spitting verse after verse will get tiring.

Eminem's been more inspired as of late going by his cypher and this. Reminds me of the earlier days.

overcast

Discotheque said:
yeah strike back is a good fun action series. Series 1 got the boss muthafucka dwarf from The Hobbit.

who's making Yelawolf - Radioactive OT? I love the dude but I'm too lazy for that shit
IDK. I've done 2 so far, they aren't too bad. I would rather a bigger fan of me do it though. If it's coming down to the wire PM me to do it or something.

Not feeling Yela yet, I might just give up at this point, I didn't like any of the 3 tracks he released so far. Not that it's bad, it's just... so fast. And the beats are always so dark, like it's a soundtrack for a murder or something. I like it when it's someone like Eminem cause I know he's just fucking around, but Yela seems so serious on them :lol

there's only one way to settle this impending miri vs. recon dispute...

....rap battle

Max Armstrong said:
Not feeling Yela yet, I might just give up at this point, I didn't like any of the 3 tracks he released so far. Not that it's bad, it's just... so fast. And the beats are always so dark, like it's a soundtrack for a murder or something. I like it when it's someone like Eminem cause I know he's just fucking around, but Yela seems so serious on them :lol

wut? how is lets roll a murder song? or no hands...or even throw it up (with it's cheery kingdom hearts-esque beat).

And then we have past hits like I Wish and Daddy's Lambo. I think the only one I could classify as murder rap was Pop the Trunk. That's cool if you're not feeling it though, some people are just not fans of his voice. Big reason why I don't like Childish Gambino.

Detox

Has kampsy and yoda got their avatars ready? I think Yela will outsell Cole just because the Em fans will jump on him if this track gets enough promotion. Only thing Cole got on Yela is the fact he was touring building up a fan base.

Recon

Banned
Detox said:
Has kampsy and yoda got their avatars ready? I think Yela will outsell Cole just because the Em fans will jump on him if this track gets enough promotion. Only thing Cole got on Yela is the fact he was touring building up a fan base.

I have no clue how this is going to work. The original bet was all three on the same day. Then Kritt got pushed back. Then Yela got pushed back. If both Kritt and Yela outsell Cole, ill take the L. Seems suspect otherwise. But if that doesnt work with Kamps then ill go with it. I still honestly believe Yela will sell around 200k or less.

Detox

I thought it was just Yela and Cole completely forgot about Krit. However you guys figure it out, I hope it isn't off.

Recon

Banned
Detox said:
I thought it was just Yela and Cole completely forgot about Krit. However you guys figure it out, I hope it isn't off.

They just now have several months longer to promote and drop singles. I still feel Kritt will only sell around 100k(which is a crime), but Yela has had a couple months to drop videos and songs, gaining more hype, that Eminem feature will be huge.

Recon

Banned
I honestly always liked Roth, thought I Love College was great. But then it was over played at a lot of parties, but that isnt Roths fault.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I liked I Love College, Lark on My Go Kart and then everything else I heard from him was meh-to-bad, as far as random singles and songs I've heard put out.

EDIT: Elite's Mixtape

ELITE_AWAKE_MIXTAPE_CVR3-450x450.jpg

ELITE_AWAKE_MIXTAPE_CVR_back-450x450.jpg

EDIT2:

NBC's Nitecap with Big Sean. They did one with J. Cole if you guys remember.

Big Sean is one of the most grounded dudes in the [pop-rap] game. Talks coming up and the issues staying grounded in reality, having Kanye as a mentor, and the age and culture of artists.

~GOOD MUSIC~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom