• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

PhantomOnTheHorizon said:
Got a pair of these last week. Really happy with them.

5299686780_1b4746b423.jpg

Blazers hi-tops are nice.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
overcast said:
They match with everything, I wear them because I'm nervous of getting too crazy with shoes lol.

Whoa, random. Just saw a Verizon commercial with Awesome by XV.
Did they use the song awesome or was he in the ad. Or both?

ReconYoda said:
Yeah, i just cant do chucks. I rather spend an additional $50-60 dollars on some Dunks or Forces.

good man

i got tired of chucks. its all about SBs, blazers, PF flyers and the occasional loafer or boots for less casual shit. hell, ill even get those $10 keds-like shoes from UO than chucks

blackout-2.jpg

02_jpg_560x360_autofill-True_bgcol-FFFFFF_detail-True_upscale-True_q85.jpg

good lord

Recon

Banned
SB's are so much better than forces. I wore the shit out of Forces in High School, but Dunks are just nicer looking, and i just dont like that thick bottom of Forces. Also, the Color ways on forces seem to be incredibly dull most of the time. Still wish i had those Denver Nugget color forces from Senior year,and those Blue Suede High top forces....

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Common – The Dreamer, The Believer (Track List)
1. The Dreamer (Feat. Maya Angelou)
2. Ghetto Dreams (Feat. Nas)
3. Blue Sky
4. So Sweet
5. Gold
6. Lovin I Lost
7. Raw (How You Like It)
8. Cloth
9. Celebrate
10. Windows
11. The Believer (Feat. John Legend)
12. Pops Belief

IrishNinja

Miri said:
I actually saw a dude pushing those shit's in public. They didn't look as goofy in person as I thought they would, and the dude said they were easily the most comfortable things he's ever worn. I've been meaning to grab a pair ever since.

As for what I wear, I stay with the Vans/Dunks/Flip flops.

yeah, see i mostly want them for running/training, but i'm fucking shameless and if they're that comy i'll be that guy. i'm like a few years shy of rocking a fanny pack and flannel shorts if i don't start giving a fuck about my perception one day, it's gonna be a problem.

Recon

Banned
IrishNinja said:
yeah, see i mostly want them for running/training, but i'm fucking shameless and if they're that comy i'll be that guy. i'm like a few years shy of rocking a fanny pack and flannel shorts if i don't start giving a fuck about my perception one day, it's gonna be a problem.

A guy in my Macro class rocks them, and a Fedora....and a trench coat. Yes, im completely serious, dude just doesnt give a fuck, lol.

iavi

IrishNinja said:

Lol, yeah, I like to think I'm to that point, but I'm pretty sure there are a few things even my inflated ego couldn't see myself rocking. Those five fingers aren't one of those things though. The only real reason I've yet to grab a pair is because I'm still unsure on how you go about getting them, and always forget to look into it. Something about getting them custom fitted at a shop that sells them.

ReconYoda said:
A guy in my Macro class rocks them, and a Fedora....and a trench coat. Yes, im completely serious, dude just doesnt give a fuck, lol.

Hahahaha, dude walks in the building with the perfect storm. Got me beat, that's for damn sure.

iavi

Macca007 said:
As far as I know No Hands isn't on Radioactive. Awesome track though.

Ah, my bad. You're right. I just took another glance at the tracklisting. That youtube description threw me off.

Throavium

ChldRebelSoldr said:
My opinion on Milo: Monotone to the point of where I lose interest, if I try really hard to listen to the album without multitasking he has some outstanding lyrics.

CRS

His amazing beat selection combined with his witty/nerdy references has my pretty captivated. And the album is so chill.

I don't know. When a guy references Detox and Fleet Foxes in the same verse, he get's an A+ from me. Someone give him an award.

overcast

ChldRebelSoldr said:
His amazing beat selection combined with his witty/nerdy references has my pretty captivated. And the album is so chill.

I don't know. When a guy references Detox and Fleet Foxes in the same verse, he get's an A+ from me. Someone give him an award.
He has some seriously awesome references in that album. Pretty much constantly. I do love hearing a Fleet Foxes reference in hip-hop.

I like the Milo album but I feel like dude is a bit TOO much of a nerd sometimes.
Idk how to explain it or put it into words. I just feel like the album goes into Neutral Milk Hotel territory. Like its cuddlecore hip-hop or something sometimes. Like its indie love movie hip-hop.
Yawmeen?

RPS37

Pinko Marx said:
I like the Milo album but I feel like dude is a bit TOO much of a nerd sometimes.
Idk how to explain it or put it into words. I just feel like the album goes into Neutral Milk Hotel territory. Like its cuddlecore hip-hop or something sometimes. Like its indie love movie hip-hop.
Yawmeen?
Hmmm....I'll have to check it out.

DominoKid

soul creator said:
I chuckle at the thought of segueing directly from Maya Angelou to "I want a bitch that look good and cook good"

that doesn't really strike me as odd. idk, i've just learned to appreciate life's contradictions.
i'll just leave it at that because i don't want to derail this thread into a discussion on life philosophies.

edit: i only even bring it up because my neighbor pointed out the irony of me volunteering to help poor folks...while wearing $200 shoes (her example, not mine).

like....i can't care about the cause, and yet do me at the same time? that's all it is.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Throavium said:
My opinion on Milo: Monotone to the point of where I lose interest, if I try really hard to listen to the album without multitasking he has some outstanding lyrics.

Yeah I'm not a fan. He writes some great lyrics but he's delivery is fucking awful. No emotion, too monotone.

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
Complex Shadow said:
Common – The Dreamer, The Believer (Track List)
Great and Few features, Nice and tight tracklist, and what is sure to be great production.

I'm ready for you, AOTY Runner Up! Cannot wait.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Detox said:
If the longest he has been out of the studio in 27 years is two weeks, how many tracks does he have in the vault?

I read some interview a few years ago where Quik claimed he had about 600 tracks in the vault.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
TheOddOne said:
Fuck you Dre, you have not been relevent for over 10 years. You're ghostproducers should recieve all the credit.

maybe like its the end of the dark knight.

When dre bows out he types in "ididit" into the command console and shit starts blowing up, music is released and credit to all the ghostproducers is released.

RPS37

KoJ1j.jpg

Lvsdk.jpg

Just purchased it. Listened to it a couple times last night.
Kind of a similar vibe to something like Tiron and Ayomari.
If you liked them, please check this shit out.

iTunes and Bandcamp

ASAP Rocky is terrible live. Just saw him last night at Drake's show. Kendrick was great once he stopped yelling. And Drake was awesome. He's really stepped his singing up.

iavi

Throavium said:
Yep, his delivery is pretty careless.

In a way though, it does make him easier to listen to; make it easier to actually understand what he's saying, much like a spoken word artist. I still don't think he makes for a very good musician though.

Throavium

Miri said:
In a way though, it does make him easier to listen to; make it easier to actually understand what he's saying, much like a spoken word artist. I still don't think he makes for a very good musician though.
Not sure what to say, I mean, I like Kool Keith and Busdriver, but KK and BD aren't monotone. Milo is extremely monotone, he can flow when he wants to.

overcast

Miri said:
I think his delivery perfectly matches his music. It goes with his persona really well. The music is kind of depressing, and his tone makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom