• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Complex Shadow said:
How is that a troll. Ace I think your just bitter cuz think detox is gonna be so great. But in the back of your mind you know your gonna be disapointed.

Asking if people are still interested in one of the most influential producers ever? How is it not trolling?

Detox

Even that video with the little snippet of Dre in the studio with the beat playing got me hyped for Detox. Dre won't release it if it isn't up to his own standards, if you have no faith in him the guys around him won't allow it either. The album is going to have crazy talent whichever way you look at it and just that competition should result in some great music.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Blackace said:
Asking if people are still interested in one of the most influential producers ever? How is it not trolling?
But he didn't ask about the artist. He asked about the album it self. After so many years (I lost count) I don't care, I don't expect anyone else to. If it, drops great. If it doesn't oh well.

Macca

Complex Shadow said:
But he didn't ask about the artist. He asked about the album it self. After so many years (I lost count) I don't care, I don't expect anyone else to. If it, drops great. If it doesn't oh well.
So just because you don't care, you don't expect anyone else to. Gotcha. It's pretty obvious the post wasn't out of genuine curiosity.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Macca007 said:
So just because you don't care, you don't expect anyone else to. Gotcha. It's pretty obvious the post wasn't out of genuine curiosity.
i am saying after 9 years i don't expect people to have the same level of excitement they had so many years ago. look asking if people care about detox isn't trolling, its a valid question after 9 years. and i am not saying just because i don't care every one else HAS to not care, i am saying that i understand why they might not care. there's no reason to say that i don't care what people think. just because your counting down the minutes to when ever detox drops, doesn't mean other people have too.

Macca

Complex Shadow said:
i am saying after 9 years i don't expect people to have the same level of excitement they had so many years ago. look asking if people care about detox isn't trolling, its a valid question after 9 years. and i am not saying just because i don't care every one else HAS to not care, i am saying that i understand why they might not care. there's no reason to say that i don't care what people think. just because your counting down the minutes to when ever detox drops, doesn't mean other people have too.
Haha, whatever. It just seems odd to me that someone could think that nobody cares about an album from someone with a pretty much 100% record.

Also, 2001 came out in 99, making it 12 years. And you can't countdown to something with no date. :)

My god, if Dre were to die we'd get posthumous releases for about the next 50 years. It's amazing to think about how many classics he has locked away.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Macca007 said:
Haha, whatever. It just seems odd to me that someone could think that nobody cares about an album from someone with a pretty much 100% record.

Also, 2001 came out in 99, making it 12 years. And you can't countdown to something with no date. :)

My god, if Dre were to die we'd get posthumous releases for about the next 50 years. It's amazing to think about how many classics he has locked away.
i never said nobody >_>

but yea when/if dre dies will be one of the most saddest/happiest days of my life.

Esch

Banned
Blackace said:
Troll much?
i dont think it's a troll really. Dre is the valve of the west coast
except the shit he makes really aint all its cracked up to be

Seriously though, ive never been a big fan. The ghostwriters, the delays, the ghostrappers, the shelving things for eternity...

joelseph

"The whole of the tape is great, and Aantwon does a great job of balancing a lot of different sentiments. I guess if anything that’s the best way to describe him. You never know which element of Aantwon you’ll get on a track, and regardless of what you do get, you’re liable to wind up with something entirely different before the end of the song. It’s refreshing to hear another voice that is using rap as a means to speak, and create great human art, rather than merely rapping as posturing in order to pretend to be some unlbemished idealized individual. The fantasy of Fantasy Beds is the total realization of the self, not the perfect realization of the self. Don’t sleep, download it now."

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Complex Shadow said:

I don't really understand the difference you are trying to make.. Anything Dre drops is relevant.

DominoKid

gotta keep that buzz up
Untitled-49.png

Mr.Swag

Banned
So GafHop Ive been trying to listen to older shot I never listened to, right now I'm trying to get the best of Weezy and T.I.
What are their top 3 albums/ mixtapes?

Recon

Banned
I thought TI vs TIP wasnt that good. I liked Trap Muzik and Paper Trail the most. For Wayne, its just Carter1 then Carter 2. I dont really fuck with Waynes tapes like others do.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
PhoenixDark said:
can't say i liked paper trail or no mercy. so for me it's either ti vs tip or king. trap musik...lol.

so like i said..

carter 1 for walk in, inside, walk out

ti vs tip for act 1, act 2, act 3

Esch

Banned
no such thing as the best of weezy; shit catalogue

as for tip i always had a soft spot for trap muzik. I love king too for the singles

Have all week off work with nothing to do but play games and hit the studio, I'm the main producer and writer on this project although I'm not doing any vocals myself. I'm trying to craft something that's good on your first listen, but then you keep getting more of the story with multiple spins.

Concept album, with 3 different but connected characters that are interwoven. This project has existed in 1 way or another for about 8 years. Originally it was a game idea that I pitched with the help if a friend. Obviously the story has adapted and evolved from changing it to a music project but the key plot is still there. Original game idea was a 3 part downloadable story driven fps rpg, had some story written for the 2nd and 3rd installments but nothing that was fully fleshed out. If I'm happy with the finished project I may combine those 2 stories into a follow up.

Right now I'd put the writing at 80%, the main story is done, individual song topics, themes and concepts are mostly done. Production is around halfway.

Tyrant.fall

Recon

Banned
GodfatherX said:
Have all week off work with nothing to do but play games and hit the studio, I'm the main producer and writer on this project although I'm not doing any vocals myself. I'm trying to craft something that's good on your first listen, but then you keep getting more of the story with multiple spins.

Concept album, with 3 different but connected characters that are interwoven. This project has existed in 1 way or another for about 8 years. Originally it was a game idea that I pitched with the help if a friend. Obviously the story has adapted and evolved from changing it to a music project but the key plot is still there. Original game idea was a 3 part downloadable story driven fps rpg, had some story written for the 2nd and 3rd installments but nothing that was fully fleshed out. If I'm happy with the finished project I may combine those 2 stories into a follow up.

Right now I'd put the writing at 80%, the main story is done, individual song topics, themes and concepts are mostly done. Production is around halfway.

Tyrant.fall

Sounds really interesting. You gonna post it here when you are done?

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
HiResDes said:
Man that video made me relisten to this:

front.jpg

...SO GOOD!

Funnily enough, I pimped this album on here when it first dropped in a post featuring a bunch of mixtapes...but I don't like it at all lol. I think it's boring as fuck. It just seemed like something others might like.

Also if Dre ever releases Detox, it will be a good album. There is no doubt of that. Anyone thinking otherwise is drinking that dumbfuck juice. The question is will we ever actually see the album. That is most definitely up for debate, the quality however, is not.

Jay Sosa

GodfatherX said:

Tyrant.fall

oohhhh I love concept stuff, do you have any older stuff I can listen to?

Heard tracks from Recon HRD sidxx and kamspy but never from you

Recon

Banned
siddx said:
Funnily enough, I pimped this album on here when it first dropped in a post featuring a bunch of mixtapes...but I don't like it at all lol. I think it's boring as fuck. It just seemed like something others might like.

Also if Dre ever releases Detox, it will be a good album. There is no doubt of that. Anyone thinking otherwise is drinking that dumbfuck juice. The question is will we ever actually see the album. That is most definitely up for debate, the quality however, is not.

I hope it is good, but Dre probably thought Kush and I Need A Doctor were quality tracks too. So, i hope for the best, expect the worst, but in my heart i know it will never come out.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I need a doctor was a big bag of fuck. Kush was a good track. Chillin was a good track too for what it was, a club song. If he had taken Under Pressure back into the studio and reworked it he could have had something good.

PBY

Banned
Old shit I've been listening to:
00-twin_perils-word_supremacy-2010-frb.a.jpg

^Twin perils- Word Supremacy; so damn good, getting hyped for the new release
prismic-tops-banner.jpg

^New album coming soon as well- def listen to this if you like experimntal funk, electro, jazz, hiphop

Cappadonna – The Pilgrimage (2011)
Cappadonna-The_Pilgrimage.jpg

Tracklist said:
01. A-Alike B-Alike C-Alike
02. Dart Imports
03. Energy Guard
04. Hoody Hoodpecker feat. Matlock & Killa Black
05. Good Wine feat. Chedda Bang
06. Put God First feat. Solomon Childs & Inspectah Deck
07. Hold On
08. Honey’s Look Good feat. Inspectah Deck
09. For You feat. Killa Black
10. Friendemies feat. Chedda Bang
11. Can’t Believe It’s Him
12. Cuban Link Kings
13. Trials & Tribulations feat. Killa Black & Elite
Cuban Links Kings

The production is back! Wu banger fo'real. This and Chinoseries Pt.2, are going to kill my iPod today. The album starts of solid as hell, shit. "Hoodyhood Hood Pecker" is freaking insane! This track goes hard as hell, 40oz swag type of track.

Detox

One track is not enough for me to buy the album especially with the rush of games and albums coming out, would you be able to upload some more? Perhaps Hoodyhood Hood Pecker and some others because my google-fu is failing.

Recon

Banned
siddx said:
I need a doctor was a big bag of fuck. Kush was a good track. Chillin was a good track too for what it was, a club song. If he had taken Under Pressure back into the studio and reworked it he could have had something good.

I thought under pressure was horse shit, i did like Topless.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom