• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

overcast

EschatonDX said:
Hahaha, anyone else beside me see that verizon commercial with XV-awesome?

Unexpected.
Yeah, I posted about it yesterday. So random. I thought it was cool that an XV song was on a commercial though.

HiResDes

People been sleeping on ArtOfficial, was just listening to this:

Free-Mixtape-ArtOfficial-The-Payback.jpg

Macca

I can't see Dre being out of music for too long. He seems like one of those guys that needs to be making music all the time.

Hopefully a break will be good, some family time and some time to reassess where he wants to go musically. It'd be a damn shame if we only ever get the two Dre albums.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Complex Shadow said:
I can't wait to see all the sad faces of everyone when dre says. " there never was a detox there never will be "

Apparently, parts of one of Dre's abandoned detox albums ended up making up a large part of Bishop Lamont's Mecha God Spilla mixtape.

Macca

Complex Shadow said:
I can't wait to see all the sad faces of everyone when dre says. " there never was a detox there never will be "
But we've heard there was. Hundreds of tracks worth. Haha, I wonder if 50 will get pissed off again and threaten to release the track he did with Dre now it probably won't see the light.

Recon

Banned
Kaizer said:
I hope you were cruisin down the street in a 64'.

Jockin the freaks clocking the dough
Went to the park to get the scoop
Knuckleheads out there cold shooting some hoops
A car pulls up who can it be
A fresh El Camino rolled, Kilo G
He rolls down his window and he started to say
It's all about making that GTA

peterb0y said:
ALSO:
front.jpg

^This is some A tier shit, how is everyone sleeping/did I sleep on this? GODDDAM THAT PRODUCTION; seriously, go support

Dat production. Good stuff.

This thread has introduced me to so many artists. So much great music out there.

I'm gonna have a HELL of a time putting together 2-10 of my top 10 this year, cotDAMN.

Macca

Where can I download Return of 4eva from? I checked KRITs site and can't seem to find it. Odd.

EDIT: Found it. Strange that it's nowhere to be seen on his site, not even a link.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Macca007 said:
Where can I download Return of 4eva from? I checked KRITs site and can't seem to find it. Odd.

EDIT: Found it. Strange that it's nowhere to be seen on his site, not even a link.
I think he wants for people to go in store and buy it.

Recon

Banned
A quick google search is all you need. Once something is released to the internet for free, it stays on the internet for free. It is internet law.

Macca

ReconYoda said:
A quick google search is all you need. Once something is released to the internet for free, it stays on the internet for free. It is internet law.
Yea I realized that. I was linking it to a friend, so wanted to find a legit link.

Found it on DJ Booth, which I think was where it was originally up for download on. It's a sponsored download there too. It's just odd that Krit has effectively removed most traces of it from his website.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
Macca007 said:
Yea I realized that. I was linking it to a friend, so wanted to find a legit link.

Found it on DJ Booth, which I think was where it was originally up for download on. It's a sponsored download there too. It's just odd that Krit has effectively removed most traces of it from his website.
Too bad the Internet never forgets or forgives.

Jay Sosa

The M.O.B said:
Is XV even signed to a label? That same song is on NBA 2K12, somebody at Verizon probably got it from that.

EDIT: Signed to WMG, he even just put out a video last week.

The fuck? That song is literally 5 years old. He didn't even change the verses, did he?

Just shows how timeless Vizzy is. Way ahead of the game.

Macca

Complex Shadow said:
How is that a troll. Ace I think your just bitter cuz think detox is gonna be so great. But in the back of your mind you know your gonna be disapointed.
Because it's pretty obvious people still care about Detox? Every time a new track was released it was discussed for a few pages, whenever there is some news it gets talked about and there are definitely people here who will listen to it when/if it drops.

I can't speak for Ace, but for me I know that it's going to be a solid album if it drops. It seems like the people here aren't really excited for a couple of reasons:

1. It's been so long in the making, it's hard to care about any new news.
2. It seems like Dre isn't the powerhouse he once was, other producers have come through doing their thing.

Both are totally valid reasons. But I have no doubt in my mind that Detox would be an album I'd enjoy. Even if it was stuff along the lines of Kush I think it'd be a solid album. Maybe not a classic like the Chronic or 2001 but definitely not a bad album.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom