• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
coldvein said:
that's what i'm sayin. after working shit jobs for so long, school seems like it might be nice again.

I thought the same thing. I was looking forward to being back in a college setting, even if it was grad school. The novelty wore off quick as fuck though. Being a 29 year old in a college setting is way different than being a fresh outta high school kid. I am fairly young looking but even I stuck out like a sore "dude whats that old guy doing here" thumb.

coldvein

Banned
siddx said:
I thought the same thing. I was looking forward to being back in a college setting, even if it was grad school. The novelty wore off quick as fuck though. Being a 29 year old in a college setting is way different than being a fresh outta high school kid. I am fairly young looking but even I stuck out like a sore "dude whats that old guy doing here" thumb.

i hear that. when i was fresh out of highschool (my GED) i worked for a few years before i went to school at all. i was a 21 year old freshman. felt like an old man then, and that was like seven years ago. but if i go back i'll be at SCCC up on cap hill where it's all full of everybody from everywhere every age race etc.

Detox said:
One track is not enough for me to buy the album especially with the rush of games and albums coming out, would you be able to upload some more? Perhaps Hoodyhood Hood Pecker and some others because my google-fu is failing.
You know there's a link to the album snips, on that youtube link I posted.....
Anyway, that Cappadonna album is a banger, so good. BTW, I can't upload copywritten material, sorry.

siddx

coldvein said:
i hear that. when i was fresh out of highschool (my GED) i worked for a few years before i went to school at all. i was a 21 year old freshman. felt like an old man then, and that was like seven years ago. but if i go back i'll be at SCCC up on cap hill where it's all full of everybody from everywhere every age race etc.

Ah good ol SCCC. Walked by that campus drunk as shit all the time. It being a city college helps. I go to a college in a small college town where everything happens within the campus and if you aren't living in the dorms, you're shit out of luck.
Talking about cap hill makes me miss Blue. I fucking loved that bar even if it as pretentious as fuck, the drinks were so good. Nothing beat the NocNoc though. How can you not love a bar where pimps, whores, gang bangers, drug dealers, and crackheads hang around right outside all night.

coldvein said:
I'm 18 and in my first year at university and the majority of the people on my course are in their 20s, mostly about 21/22. You may have felt old at 21, but I feel pretty young.

coldvein

Banned
NocNoc is pretty down by the waterfront, right? i rarely get down that far. my bars are on pike and broad. bimbo's, cha cha, big mario's, comet, unicorn, etc..

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Some Tyler, The Creator news http://pitchfork.com/news/44648-tyler-the-creator-says-his-new-album-is-called-wolf-and-will-be-out-in-may/

"Talking about rape and cutting bodies up, it just doesn't interest me anymore... What interests me is making weird hippie music for people to get high to. With Wolf, I'll brag a little more, talk about money and buying shit. But not like any other rapper, I'll be a smart-ass about it. Now it's just girls throwing themselves at me and shit, but I got a girl back home. People who want the first album again, I can't do that. I was 18, broke as fuck. On my third album, I have money and I'm hanging out with my idols. I can't rap about the same shit."

"I wanna make the music I actually get all my influence from. I don't know how, but I'm gonna try shit like this out. I'm gonna make a band or something.

overcast

I read that and when he said he wants to "make music that hippies get high to", I lol'd. Interested in a change of pace from him. I believe Tyler has a lot of potential.

siddx

ChldRebelSoldr said:
Santa Cruz CC? Where haven't you lived, siddx?

Naw, Seattle Central Community College

coldvein said:
NocNoc is pretty down by the waterfront, right? i rarely get down that far. my bars are on pike and broad. bimbo's, cha cha, big mario's, comet, unicorn, etc..

Yeah, on second between pike and pine. Gets a little grimey there late at night lol. Or at least it used to when I lived there. Nothing outrageous but enough to make some of my more naive friends nervous. It was just convenient because I worked at the Vu around the corner and then at pike place market later. So it was always my first stop on my way home.

wenis

overcast said:
I read that and when he said he wants to "make music that hippies get high to", I lol'd. Interested in a change of pace from him. I believe Tyler has a lot of potential.

I'd love more shit to get high to...like a whole "Au79" album would blow my mind.

coldvein

Banned
siddx said:
Naw, Seattle Central Community College

Yeah, on second between pike and pine. Gets a little grimey there late at night lol. Or at least it used to when I lived there. Nothing outrageous but enough to make some of my more naive friends nervous. It was just convenient because I worked at the Vu around the corner and then at pike place market later. So it was always my first stop on my way home.

yeah, i generally don't fuck around too far deep down there after 1 AM or so. not that my hood is super cush itself, but still..

siddx

coldvein said:
yeah, i generally don't fuck around too far deep down there after 1 AM or so. not that my hood is super cush itself, but still..

I used to get off work and walk home to Cap hill, and later south lake union, in a full suit and tie at 3 in the morning. It's funny how people will avoid a white dude with a shaved head wearing a black suit and tie walking alone down the street in the middle of the night. They probably either figure I'm a fed or a serial killer.

coldvein

Banned
siddx said:
I used to get off work and walk home to Cap hill, and later south lake union, in a full suit and tie at 3 in the morning. It's funny how people will avoid a white dude with a shaved head wearing a black suit and tie walking alone down the street in the middle of the night. They probably either figure I'm a fed or a serial killer.

shit. i would not do that. hahaha.

wenis

Pinko Marx said:
Have you checked out the OF group called Jet Age of Tomorrow? They have an album that is pretty much Au79: The Album.
AND ITS FREE TO DOWNLOAD, FUCK YEAR FREE MUSIC AMIRITE!?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9rZN6effOik

Yes man, that album is the shit when I'm baked and reading in bed. It feels like outer space (which I guess was the intention).

HiResDes said:
People been sleeping on ArtOfficial, was just listening to this:

Free-Mixtape-ArtOfficial-The-Payback.jpg

This is so good too. I don't know how I missed their projects before but I'm definitely a fan now.

PBY

Banned
waaaaaaay late to the party, but this album is amazing
gbc-get-busy-committee-uzi-does-it-koala1.jpg

Uzi Does it
finally got around to listening to it after hearing the mixtape they dropped recently.

wenis

The M.O.B said:
Anybody think an |OT| for Radioactive would be good? I don't want to flood GAF with an OT for every album out though.

But then how else will they know?

make an OT for it though.

coldvein said:
wenis, i want your watch.

Which one?

DominoKid

nah i wouldnt do an OT for this album. Yela aint really big like that. i doubt people will even talk about Radioactive in here for more than a page or 2.

The M.O.B

DominoKid said:
nah i wouldnt do an OT for this album. Yela aint really big like that. i doubt people will even talk about Radioactive in here for more than a page or 2.

Yeah I want to put up an OT for attract other who many have never heard of him or otherwise might have dismissed him(I did for a bit). But if it's going to quickly die out after only 40-50 replies then probably will skip

Didn't Recon want to do the thread?

O, I will leave it to him then.

PBY

Banned
we should do a listening session!

edit: haha he crashed kanyetothe

edit2: just giving it a quick listen through, the second half of the album suffers from something that kinda annoys me sometimes, the rap verse + random chick singing hook syndrome. Hes rapping his ass off though.

Write your name, good girl, made in the usa (although done w/ a wink and a nudge) sound kinda generic for the above reasons

edit 3: damn theres some corny shit on this album

PBY

Banned
maybe im tired; but every track from 7-13 comes across as not so good to me :/

The rest of the album is straight fire tho.

Need to give it a better listen tomorrow... but I don't think this will be topping anyones year end lists. My biggest disappointment this year so far I think I have to say.

Acid08

Banned
peterb0y said:
maybe im tired; but every track from 7-13 comes across as not so good to me :/

The rest of the album is straight fire tho.

Need to give it a better listen tomorrow... but I don't think this will be topping anyones year end lists. My biggest disappointment this year so far I think I have to say.
Any for the girls songs?

DominoKid

Yall know I don't really fuck w/ Yelawolf. and he got too many crappy features on this. But he's going a little hard on this. I'll give him a 3/5 for the effort even if the execution fell a little short.

sn: i didnt know Drama from Fantasy Factory produced Daddy's Lambo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom