• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
Acid08 said:
Any for the girls songs?
"Good Girl" and "the Hardest Love Song in the World" could definitely fall into that category

My biggest issue with the album is that theres nothing on here that comes close to Daddy's Lambo...

In a weird way the best way I could describe this album is this: Radioactive is to Yelawolf what Recovery is to Eminem; a few bangers, a few tracks that straight up show his talent, and a lot of tracks that just are made ehhh with generic hooks. Like em on Recovery, yela comes correct throughout the whole thing.

I won't be listening until tomorrow. Gotta hit the hay.

Low expectations - this album will be on par with Cole World
High - as good or better than Trunk Muzik

hopefully it's good.

edit: wtf, I thought he was on a roll with Hard White and Throw It Up, Made in the USA is fucking cheesy garbage.

The M.O.B

peterb0y said:
for example, how am I supposed to react to a song like this?
Made in the USA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUW7HGbsup8

I'm actually okay with this one.

Heres "Good Girl" for those asking about songs for the ladies:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yODURwBYGSU

This one is all kinds of awful, smh.

edit: found it- this is the most egregious song on the album. Justice League and Yela are both wasted here imho:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUg7oTZkBQ8
^seriously, what the hell is this?

Did Justice League just recycle their own beat from Aston Martin and add a piano to it?

Song is decent though.

PBY

Banned
LOZLINK said:
So far, this has been disappointing.
yeah, I have to agree. The fucking album is called RADIOACTIVE. Radio-motherfucking-active. The lack of hypeness is disappointing. There are still a few bangers though, but Trunk Muzik is definitely better. Hard White (especially the remix) still are gonna get play from me for a while.

the remix takes out the oomph of the song though (imo). I like the feel of the original more.

fuuuck sad to hear this is disappointing. oh well, will judge myself tomorrow (and will still buy it to support teh dude)

10 tracks in and it's underwhelming so far. Too many features, and doesn't bump like Trunk Music. Hard White is probably the best track so far :/

PBY

Banned
Net_Wrecker said:
10 tracks in and it's underwhelming so far. Too many features, and doesn't bump like Trunk Music. Hard White is probably the best track so far :/
Slumerican Shitizen is pretty great, but outside of that theres not much for you to look forward too outside of Aston Martin Music pt II and a Video Killed the Radio star pseudo-sample.

DominoKid

i think Animal got lost enroute to Nicki Minaj because it'd be perfect for her.

i dont dislike it (i may in fact fucks w/ it). but wtf is Yelawolf doing making a song like that.

PBY

Banned
DominoKid said:
i think Animal got lost enroute to Nicki Minaj because it'd be perfect for her.

i dont dislike it (i may in fact fucks w/ it). but wtf is Yelawolf doing making a song like that.
Yeah thats what I was trying to say above, but you said it better. I fuck with it the way I'll fuck with a Kesha song when I'm out at the club.

Macca

Listened to the song with Rittz. Must say I was very very disappointed. Rittz was better than yela, it just did nothing for me.

Tokubetsu

Radioactive is mainstream rap album of the year. The list goes #castlemusic > #backthatassupr&bremix > #whiteboyembarasseseveryotherapperinthegamerightnow

Ughhh, smh @ this album. Yelawolf done messed up. What the hell is that 2nd half? Of all the people to make a soft, forgettable album, Yela was nowhere near that conversation. Hard White and Throw It Up are probably the only tracks on the whole thing with the sound I was hoping for. The Rittz track is also a huge disappointment and one of the most grating tracks I've heard in a long time.

J. Cole fail, Yelawolf fail, SAVE US BIG K.R.I.T.

Macca

How many of the songs does Yela come hard on?

I'm still fucking pissed we haven't got a song with both him and Rittz going hard. I mean, Yela was fucking whispering on that track. Didn't go well with the chorus at all. It's pretty crazy, you'd think Yela would use this as a launching pad for Rittz with him being on Yela's label. But nope he put's him on a song that shows neither of their strengths.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
coldvein said:
heh. i knew that that was coming, in some form..

i actually saw lil john once, shit was painful. if i wasn't drunk as piss i would've left before g unit came on.

you complain about Lil John but said you waited for G unit with a straight face lawl.. that's some bullshit right there

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
coldvein said:
see the drunk thread for the most recent happenings in semi-seattle area.

Went back to Seattle few years ago.. I am overdue for a trip soon

IrishNinja

real talk: ya'll ever found yourself - either cause you moved or other people do - without a dude to smoke and listen to hip-hop/talk about shit with? shit is killing me. my boy was into that southern shit and got me to listen to trap muzik and carter I/da drought II and shit and now all i got is herbs who get jiggy with will smith or (if im lucky) fucks with radio shit. and on my days off, it's a noticeable absence that kills me.

i had that dude that lived 20+ minutes south of here and his chick and dogs were cool and id go over and play fight night or whatever he wanted on my day off and talk hip-hop and philosophy and all kindsa shit and now that it's gone i'd trade like 10 only-video-game-talkin herbs for him. i never realized how important going from metal gear to cypress hill's importance in the 90's to the game and which member of outkast made a bigger impact etc etc was important to me till it was gone.

overcast said:
I personally love Kanye's passion. Interesting interview.

for real, this is like ye's redeeming angle for me. i know it but serves his ego, but a lotta dudes in the game are only out for their legacy like mayweather but not many of them ask "can i take it as far as micheal did?" and have a solid enough discography to give me a moment to think: this might be the dude to do that. it's why ye says all kindsa dumb shit - and so many rappers do - and gets a pass; deep down when i think of who alive has a Thriller in them - or even a Bad or Dangerous - it's a short list, and he's on it.

coldvein

Banned
i'll admit i'm not a huge lil john fan, and am basing all of my opinion on this one performance. but he's just a glorified hype man.

ALL MY NIGGAS RAWWWRRR
ALL MY BITCHES RAWWRRR
RAWWWRRR RAWWWRR YEAHHHH
OKAYYYYYY

i watched that shit for like 45 minutes. you can take or leave g unit, i don't really care for them, but you can at least say that 50, buck, and that uglyass awkward dude at least spit rhymes.

coldvein

Banned
Blackace said:
Went back to Seattle few years ago.. I am overdue for a trip soon

that said, i know we've got differences in taste and approach to conversation and shit, but any time you're in my hood, hit me up. pitchers, shots, and whatever other stuff you like on me.

this goes for any of gaf hop.

IrishNinja

coldvein, i know you think your opinions are crazy and irrelevant just because they're crazy and irrelevant and him kinda high right now, but you're a good dude and when i visit my boy out in seattle ima hit you up man.

Jay Sosa

Just heard Nas "Nasty"..this is what you guys were so gushing about? A lame old school beat with one repetitive riff over and over and over and over again?

Booo I say.

coldvein

Banned
IrishNinja said:
coldvein, i know you think your opinions are crazy and irrelevant just because they're crazy and irrelevant and him kinda high right now, but you're a good dude and when i visit my boy out in seattle ima hit you up man.

done. look forward to it.

IrishNinja

@ coldveni: good.
because you couldve named yourself after an edan or kweli or something album and been alright, but you had to go picking one of those albums i slept on around the turn of the millennia (don't judge; i was dating punk/etc chicks) and revisiting later only to really identify with. you'll see, might not be for a bit but when i hit seattle, you're due for a PM my dude!

I'm just a pigeon with one mile left/that doggy-paddles through this bullshit ocean of death
and these rags-to-riches words will break bones/like the assassination of two birds with one stone

Jay Sosa said:
you'll have to get your ass over the pond first. And believe me you don't wanna do that right now. It's cold as f***.

Sosa my dude, i got 200+ hours of paid time off next year and please believe im backpacking euro next summer/fall like an artist trying to get a british ye's attention on the humble. please believe, ill visit the fuck out of your land of the ice & snow (from the midnight sun, where the hot springs blow). you're prolly in more danger than my man coldvein right now.

Detox

Today was supposed to be West Coast Wednesday and even though I enjoyed the mix, the transition from Can't Hold Back to Why We Thugs was impeccable, that ArtOfficial where the fuck did that come from? First time in a while beats have got me to smile. Everything just stopped, I almost missed my stop because of that. Those guys make some amazing shit, I would call it the best production this year. The MC's are not quite as good if these guys could hook up with some better ones they will drop a classic.

IrishNinja

oh, i bet it did.

sosa we both know you ain't tryin to have no barefoot cracka-ass-cracka up in ya living rooms talkin bout RZA and old-school konmai, nahmeans

coldvein

Banned
IrishNinja said:
good.
I'm just a pigeon with one mile left/that doggy-paddles through this bullshit ocean of death
and these rags-to-riches words will break bones/like the assassination of two birds with one stone

lyrics like that have not been written since. and i dare anybody to show different. my favorite being:

See, i exist /iron fist / metal speech / scientist /
came out the womb of a phoenix / expect nothin less
than a mature flame / velocity's my plane / my thought is my train
the galaxy is the body / the sun is the heart / and the black hole is the brain.. heard my verse? you got nothin to say..

verses like that is why i don't care for 80 per cent of hiphop right now. or even going back decades. to me, nothing fucks with that.

further edit: the kids yall see me jabbering about in here now... sims, POS, cecil, ANYBODY. they wish they could write poetry like that. biggie and pac wished they could write poetry like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom