• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MickD

1.Rank Kanye's albums
WTT>CD>Graduation>LR>MBDTF>808

2.Pick a coast to rep
Third Coast - TX stand up

3.Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion
Biggie - Warning

4.Make a comparison between Khalifa and something soft
Get this fool out the rap game.

5.Decide who you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef.
Jay Z

6.Flocka or Royce?
Royce, all day.

7.What you think of J. Cole?
Mixtapes went harder than this rehashed album.

8.Who is the best Wu-Tang member?
ODB

9.Can 2pac rap? (Or do Biggie got DAT FLOW?)
Biggie all day.

10.Rate Lupe on a scale of 1-10 (+ call him a dumbass for Lasers and political views)
9 - Fuck Lasers, shit was wack.

11.Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged?
Could care less, pretty silly/but a tad prolific

12.Pick an era of Eminem
98 - Pre-sobriety

13.How does Drake write such deep lyrics?
Weeknd>Drake

14.Is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production?
I really liked the Tower Heist beat till gf told me it was from a movie.. instantly ruined it.

15.Joe Budden: Introspective and witty, or annoying emo fetus killing asshole?
Mood Music .. smh :'''''(

When I was driving home after picking up my handgun, I was flipping through a bunch of stations and kept hearing a lot of Drake, is Drake supposed to be a Rapper or R&B Ballad/Backing Singer or a mix of the two that isn't really good (not that the individual parts are that good). He's just such a weird singer to hear.

Tokubetsu

EschatonDX said:
Wow, not so bad. Definitely something different. Way better than the shit Ye's doing.

Wishes it was castle music. Nas does really well but the production is still boring. It's cool in a novelty sort of way.

Detox

Beat has that signature Premier feel. Towards the end he just starts playing around with the sounds. I think it's time Premier got out of his comfort zone of sampling funk.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
When I was driving home after picking up my handgun, I was flipping through a bunch of stations and kept hearing a lot of Drake, is Drake supposed to be a Rapper or R&B Ballad/Backing Singer or a mix of the two that isn't really good (not that the individual parts are that good). He's just such a weird singer to hear.
Be careful talking bout Drizzy. You're going to make him catch a body like that.

WanderingWind said:
Be careful talking bout Drizzy. You're going to make him catch a body like that.

Bhahwahaha. I started laughing really hard last night when I heard that line. I starting thinking for a second like what the hell did he just say. lol

PBY

Banned
ReconYoda said:
KV8N2l.jpg

New Song!

Zach & Peterboy-A Backpack & A Dream

And the last song i put out, for anyone who didnt hear it:

Zach & Peterboy-Look To The Stars
props again for making my beat sound way better than it actually is

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Manos: The Hans of Fate said:
Bhahwahaha. I started laughing really hard last night when I heard that line. I starting thinking for a second like what the hell did he just say. lol
First time I heard it I reached for the radio to rewind it. My brain went retarded at hearing Aubrey trying to act gangsta while singing in falsetto. Surreal.

WanderingWind said:
First time I heard it I reached for the radio to rewind it. My brain went retarded at hearing Aubrey trying to act gangsta while singing in falsetto. Surreal.
Funniest thing was when I first heard him (never seeing Degrassi) I could never tell if it was him or Wayne with a stuffed nose/messed up voice (it was one of their duets) singing.

Recon

Banned
peterb0y said:

Thanks man. Finished writing a few more tracks last night. Its looking like it will be done in 1-2 weeks.

kodecraft

siddx said:
Guaranteed. Andre doesnt make music anymore, he just rambles out some incoherent spoken word verses on ke$ha remix albums.

I dont know what going on with my fellow ATLien....something happened to him that made him not interested in making music....probably the shady music industry.

Detox

Really liked your new track Recon, was refreshing to get something heartfelt. Props on the production too peterboy worked perfectly with the tone of the lyrics.

RJT

peterb0y said:
Don't be so humble man. It's a great beat, and Recon is great as usual. I really dislike the font on that cover though.

Recon

Banned
RJT said:
Don't be so humble man. It's a great beat, and Recon is great as usual. I really dislike the font on that cover though.

Yeah, it was a quick and dirty photoshop. Im horrible at photoshop, so if anyone thinks they could do a good job, i would send over the original artwork.

Edit: thanks everyone. This wouldnt of happened without peterboy.

kodecraft

enzo_gt said:
what ever happened to Loon

LOON IS DA TRUTH

y'all don't even know

I feel you...i talk about Ma$e and these kats act like it was the wackest ish they ever heard....they need their ears checked.

Ma$e stayed making hits....Jam Master Jay put 50 Cent on Mase's song structure (the radio/song format) which have openings and ends....freestyles with catchy hooks (again song format)...you can here it in 50 Cent's flow.

Ma$e contributed alot.

This ain't all about Ma$e its hip hop....lets do it.

while I wait for this build to copy over...

Official GAF-Hop 2011+ Initiation: before you start posting, reply with your answer to these questions.
Rank Kanye's albums: Late Registration > College Dropout > weekly G.O.O.D. Friday releases > Graduation > MBDTF > 808s
Pick a coast to rep: Is Dallas close enough to the "third coast"?
Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion: Biggie. That said, I really haven't listened to as much 2pac as I probably should.
Make a comparison between Khalifa and something soft: Softer than a pink q-tip made out of cotton candy
Decide who you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef: Jay lost rhyme wise, Nas lost life wise
Flocka or Royce? Royce da 5 inches shorter than me. Waka Flocka Flame just makes me think of Dhalsim.
What you think of J. Cole? He's dope, made a solid debut album. I lol everytime I hear "Fayettenam" though.
Who is the best Wu-Tang member? (+optional: Rae vs. Ghost) Album wise? Ghost. Individual talent? Method Man.
Can 2pac rap? (Or do Biggie got DAT FLOW?) Sure why not
Rate Lupe on a scale of 1-10 (+ call him a dumbass for Lasers and political views): Solid 9 based off first two albums. Solid 5 based on Lasers.
Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged? Amazing ear for beats (Clams!), stream of consciousness mush mouth rapping isn't my thing though. Though I want to pat him on the head condescendingly cuz he seems to try so hard.
Pick an era of Eminem: Best album was Marshall Mather's LP, but I dig his current "I just want to fuck around and try out different flows just for the hell of it" vibe, just as someone interested in the technical aspects of MCing
How does Drake write such deep lyrics? He's such a tortured soul
Is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production? He can still kill it, but apparently doesn't know how to keep an entire album going anymore.
Joe Budden: Introspective and witty, or annoying emo fetus killing asshole? Honestly haven't listened to much of his stuff, so whatever.
Bonus: Answer every one of these questions again once in a while for the remainder of your stay here.

Esch

Banned
Tokubetsu said:
Wishes it was castle music. Nas does really well but the production is still boring. It's cool in a novelty sort of way.
Nah, this is genuinely more classy. Kanye's on that 15 trumpets thrown over a skrillex sample shit with some 808s and autotune. This is classical music turned into an epic hip hop beat, shits on another level.

PBY

Banned
EschatonDX said:
Nah, this is genuinely more classy. Kanye's on that 15 trumpets thrown over a skrillex sample shit with some 808s and autotune. This is classical music turned into an epic hip hop beat, shits on another level.
Not really... maybe its more classy, but it doesn't have enough CRAY SWAG to be castle music.

Kaizer

Banned
Official GAF-Hop 2011+ Initiation: before you start posting, reply with your answer to these questions.

• Rank Kanye's albums The College Dropout > Graduation/Late Registration > MBDTF > 808's & Heartbreaks
  • Pick a coast to rep East The Beast (By way of the South)
  • Pick a side in the Biggie/2Pac discussion California Dreamin' while Picture Me Rollin'
  • Make a comparison between Khalifa and something soft Wiz is softer than two kittens playing in feathers on a bed of Kleenex
  • Decide who you think won the Jay-Z/Nas beef. Hova
  • Flocka or Royce? It's a Party, It's A Party, It's A Party
  • What you think of J. Cole? Cole World, No Touching Rihanna, Only Sprinkle Sand on Her
  • Who is the best Wu-Tang member? (+optional: Rae vs. Ghost) Ol' Dirty Bastard. Yes, Really.
  • Can 2pac rap? (Or do Biggie got DAT FLOW?) Biggie got the best of him in this department
  • Rate Lupe on a scale of 1-10 (+ call him a dumbass for Lasers and political views) Lupe the Rapper = 9/10 - Lupe the Nappyheaded, Poppy, Political Idiot = 3/10
  • Lil B? Genius or mentally challenged? BASED
  • Pick an era of Eminem That one time when he made fun of celebrities, got angry and remorseful on that one song......
  • How does Drake write such deep lyrics? He thinks long relaxing foot baths while lounging in his wheelchair
  • Is Nas old and dusted with a horrible ear for production? Not judging by what he released a few weeks ago
  • Joe Budden: Introspective and witty, or annoying emo fetus killing asshole? Lil B bested him in a diss, C'MON SON

Now that that's over, did anyone post the Wale Ambition Sampler? Sounds aight, nothing special.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
HiResDes said:
I disagree there's been a huge resurgence in grimey east coast music...

I love the newer East coast look..

Blackace

Ok! East Coast Mix in the house... Hope you enjoy it

1) Money Money Money - Red Cafe
2) Daddy Gettin Money - Fred the Godson
3) Tower Heist - Nas
4) Haters - Tony Yayo Ft. 50 Cent
5) Start it Up - Lloyd Banks Ft Kanye West
6) Sicker Than Your Avgerage - Fabulous Ft Red Cafe
7) Good Times - Styles P
8) Breathe - Fabulous
9) Seen Money - Red Cafe Ft Akon
10) Pop Champagne - Ron Brownz
11) Seeing Doubles - Ron Brownz
12) Bought the Bar - DJ Webstar
13) Everyday (Coolin') - Swizz Beatz
14) Speakin in Tongues - Vado
15) Check em out - Vado Ft. Jadakiss
16) Slight Work - Wale Ft Big Sean

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25021028/ecm1.mp3

listen, enjoy, comment

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Blackace said:

1) Money Money Money - Red Cafe (-)
2) Daddy Gettin Money - Fred the Godson (-)
3) Tower Heist - Nas (-)
7) Good Times - Styles P
8) Breathe - Fabulous

listen, enjoy, comment

I love that I always seem to get on gaf right as you post a new set.

Blackace said:

1) Money Money Money - Red Cafe
2) Daddy Gettin Money - Fred the Godson
3) Tower Heist - Nas
7) Good Times - Styles P
8) Breathe - Fabulous

listen, enjoy, comment
Dude, the styles p track was beyond +3 on the pitch silder. Shit sounded too "chipmunk" Good mix regardless.

Blackace

ShinobiFist said:
Dude, the styles p track was beyond +3 on the pitch silder. Shit sounded too "chipmunk" Good mix regardless.

lol I always played good times fast.. guess I am just used to it lol my bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom