• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bishman

Yelawolf's album is growing on me. I love the first half but after the Eminem feature... the album takes a different turn. The track Animal sounds so good at night in the whip.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Throavium said:

I watched this battle the other day and it was a great one. DNA got it.. it was great t o see a URL cat go up there and handle business. He battled my cousin back when my cousin first started and that was a great battle as well..

Here is the Promo for the new URL Battle #11 it is actually in Detroit in the same building that Eminem battled and filmed 8 mile.

URL 11 - MOTOR CITY MAHEM

Shit is going to be bananas.... I wish I could make it out there to support my cousin vs Big T.. but they cancelled and then just put it back on they card... its gonna be nuts.

HiResDes said:

what's the issue? His lyrics are nothing I haven't heard 1000 times in rap songs, his flow and voice is generic as hell, and the corny mean mugging in the camera doesn't help

but the beat is nice

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Ken Masters said:
what's the issue? His lyrics are nothing I haven't heard 1000 times in rap songs, his flow and voice is generic as hell, and the corny mean mugging in the camera doesn't help

but the beat is nice

Agreed. Apathy is a perfect name for dude, because he's generic as hell. Not good. Not bad. Doesn't elicit hate like Drake, or love like KRIT. Just...apathy. Dude knows his role.

Throavium

I read these Lil B freestyle lyrics just now, lmao.

Streets taught me how to ride, now I got a froze whip
Polar cold clip, pop bullets, pop the whole clip
Pop him in his back, pop back like a hatchback

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Bishman said:
You can't judge him on one song. Listen to his album then give your opinion.

...honest question. Have you listened to his whole album? It was like, 435 songs long and I couldn't really tell them apart. Plus, listening to him makes me think of doing laundry, cleaning out my car...basically, all the dull shit I have to get done during the day.

JackEtc

So anyone ever heard of this girl?

51CVJ0J6zgL._SS500_.jpg

I don't usually like female rappers, but she's really good. Amazing flow.

No Duh

2 Weak (some singing in this one, great voice)

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
RJT said:
Thanks man!
Trying to reach everyone, if I can.

ReconYoda said:
WTF, that last track on the ECM threw me lol. Another good ECM Ace.
I am old as shit :(

I was just thinking to myself I got to throw this in here somehow lol

peterb0y said:
good shit. one of my favs, love the last track and the inclusion of otis

I think my ear for the East is a bit different than most.. But when the east gets good beats it is a beautiful thing..

Throavium

Miri said:
I'm hyped. Really hyped. I'm also interested in seeing if he keeps the grimdark up when even tyler has said that he's done with it.
Tyler says he raps better around Earl because Earl is such a good rapper. Couch is a perfect example. Tyler spat harder on Couch than anything on Goblin.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
JackEtc said:

51CVJ0J6zgL._SS500_.jpg

No Duh

Hell yeah dude. K.Flay is the shit and she's a fucking cool ass person, met her a few times here in San Francisco just floating around clubs and stuff.

Earl news is exciting. I'll be blasting his album on the ride into class tomorrow.

iavi

TheOddOne said:
Drake is the gift that keeps on giving.

-XOXO

I almost want to go grab a copy of take care just so I can print that out and use it as the cover art instead. so tempted.

As for Earl, I don't think this is a case of Tyler fucking around. His recent tweets don't make it seem that way, but if it is, it wouldn't be funny, shit would actually just be kind of sad.

Acid08

Banned
Miri said:
I almost want to go grab a copy of take care just so I can print that out and use it as the cover art instead. so tempted.

As for Earl, I don't think this is a case of Tyler fucking around. His recent tweets don't make it seem that way, but if it is, it wouldn't be funny, shit would actually just be kind of sad.
It would be funny for him. He loves fucking with his fans. I hope it's true because I really want new Earl material but he isn't even 18 yet and it just seems fishy there are no photos or anything yet.

Throavium

Acid08 said:
It would be funny for him. He loves fucking with his fans. I hope it's true because I really want new Earl material but he isn't even 18 yet and it just seems fishy there are no photos or anything yet.
It'll be even more funny when Tyler's fans backlash on him because of his joke.

overcast

JackEtc said:

51CVJ0J6zgL._SS500_.jpg

No Duh

Yeah. She's pretty damn good. I remember discovering her months ago thanks to the good folk here.

shazrulesofengagement.jpg

Tracklist said:
01. Karl Marx
02. My Demeanor (Snippet)
03. Goin Nowhere (Snippet)
04. Kingly Virtues (Interlude)
05. Rambo Knife
06. Last Anti Hero
07. Make Me Laugh (Interlude)
08. Hawks & Animals feat. Nems, Guttah & Starvin B
09. G Stacks feat. Mitchell Aims
10. Mystic Moves feat. Timeless Truth & Action Bronson
11. Recognize Ill
12. Whiteowl
13. Cash Rules
14. Hammers On Standby feat. Mitchell Aims
15. Life’s Hard
16. Destiny & Greatness (Interlude)
17. Bloodshed
18. Air Unlimited (DJ Unexpected Remix)
19. 3ralution
20. Baby’s With Razors feat. Starvin B & Gs Advance
http://hu.lk/jtyekqh4s6mq

The more I listen to the Action Bronson album, the more I realize is the best Ghostface album not done by Ghostface. Oh, interesting post, Joe.

RKkUG.png

Interested in the no profanity. Odd name change. Odd project. I'm interested but I hope they've cleaned up their sound since Perfect Is The Word. No One Believes Me was a step in the right direction.

I still want MOTM3.

Recon

Banned
Lupe Fiasco's Friend Of The People Mixtape drops Thanksgiving. I liked the song he dropped from it, hoping this is more The Cool than LASERS. You have one more chance with me Lupe, im ready.

GamerSoul

ReconYoda said:
Lupe Fiasco's Friend Of The People Mixtape drops Thanksgiving. I liked the song he dropped from it, hoping this is more The Cool than LASERS. You have one more chance with me Lupe, im ready.

Whaaat? Did not hear about this.

Kaizer

Banned
New Lupe tape? Could be good, hopefully he's fully got that Laser BS out of his system and every other line isn't some political statement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom