• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ayo can I be really real: Mobb Deep is done. Finished. I checked out that new EP and deleted it from my iPod 40 minutes later. Weak beats, tired rhymes; Nas has the only good verse on there.

Prodigy hasn't released anything decent since he got out of prison. And Alchemist, who has dominated 2011, has laced them with a series of meh shit man. Remember that first song they released right after Prodigy got out of jail? It was hyped to hell and even featured Nas...but was just bad. I hate to say it, but Prodigy lost it bad

Zekes!

I've been listening to Watch the Throne again recently, and I have to say it's grown on me. I was really disappointed the first handful of times I listened to it, but now I think I enjoy most of it except for Lift Off.

Tokubetsu

Ayo can I be really real: Mobb Deep is done. Finished. I checked out that new EP and deleted it from my iPod 40 minutes later. Weak beats, tired rhymes; Nas has the only good verse on there.

Prodigy hasn't released anything decent since he got out of prison. And Alchemist, who has dominated 2011, has laced them with a series of meh shit man. Remember that first song they released right after Prodigy got out of jail? It was hyped to hell and even featured Nas...but was just bad. I hate to say it, but Prodigy lost it bad

Wrong about Prodigy, Wrong about "Dog Shit", but the EP is underwhelming as hell. The Prodigy complex EP is way better.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Still D.R.E. has one of the best beats of all time. What do you guys think?

It ranks up there... But Can you feel me by Dru Down has one of the craziest beats I have ever heard...

PBY

Banned
So... Jeezy's I do is one of my favorite songs this year. I can't stop listening- its just so fucking awesome. I-D-O, I-D-O, I-D-OOOOOOOOO

Thanks to Kampsy for recommending:

1225757818719_f.jpg

So good.

iavi

So what does Gaf think of Childish Gambino? I personally think his album is great.

I've yet to grab the album. I dug the EP before it a lot, but then the guy got irritating, and after a few more tracks, really irritating. Every song I've heard from him covers the exact same thing--I was once a nerd, got no bitches, now I gots money and bitches--and his voice really does irritate the shit out of me.

TheOddOne

I share this sentiment too. TERRIBLE.

overcast

Every rapper talks about the same topic over and over. It's just what they do. At least Gambino's style (on the album) changes often, showcasing his diversity.

Tokubetsu

I've yet to grab the album. I dug the EP before it a lot, but then the guy got irritating, and after a few more tracks, really irritating. Every song I've heard from him covers the exact same thing--I was once a nerd, got no bitches, now I gots money and bitches--and his voice really does irritate the shit out of me.

Yea, I hate Donald Glover the rapper but like him in Community just fine. Horrible, horrible rap voice. Don't care for his subject matter either.

CRS

Speaking of voices, I couldn't place it for the longest time but I started listening to Danny Brown again and his voice reminds me a lot of B.o.B..

Tokubetsu

I think he's at his best with Camp.

But, I'm a sucker for "I'm a nerd" rap.

I'm a black nerd and find it insufferable. Again though, I'm kinda sick of this whole nerd glorification bullshit the entire late aughts have been about. We get it, you're well versed in pop-culture, so is everyone now. Welcome 2011 and the internet.

Recon

Banned
Im honestly baffled by the response the the last track on Camp. I heard it was amazing, great, best thing ever. It was an ok rap with a decent spoken word bit...

Esch

Banned
Why isn't gaf giving this song the love it deserves? Jeezy's lost all hype for TM103 :/

Song's okay. 3 stacks' verse is good, Jay's on autopilot, and Jeezy's just not really hyping me up with it. Not a bad track, just isn't provoking any response from me.

damn that's a lot of shitty albums in a short space of time

PBY

Banned
From Kanyetothe, shit cracks me up haha

POLL: What Do You Expect from Bigger than Life?

Classic
19 (17.3%)
Album Of The Last 50 Decades
22 (20%)
Greatness
10 (9.1%)
G.O.A.T Album
16 (14.5%)
Cements Birdmans Legacy As Greatest Ever
43 (39.1%)
Total Members Voted: 109

Bow Wow is on Cash Money wut? I'm kind of surprised he hasn't been able to make a name for himself lately, given how marketable he is. Girls think he cute too

IDK man, 50 seems to be trying too hard these past few years to sound "street" again. In his early days it was way more natural, but now he's forcing it both with his lyrics and the production.

Schoolboy Q is a better 50 Cent these days.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Bow Wow is on Cash Money wut? I'm kind of surprised he hasn't been able to make a name for himself lately, given how marketable he is. Girls think he cute too

Fans who were once girls became women, and they realized he's going to look 15 for the rest of his life, thus he fell off.

Doomtree No kings is alright, starting to grow on me

I like Childish Gambino, he's like a faster spitting version of XV

Radioactive is alright, liking it more then I expected

Still really feeling the production on the ArtOfficcial album,but nothing else

I love Currensy but I just have no interest in hearing his shitty Jet Movement's album. But people I TRUST WITH MY LIFE AND MY EARS like this album on gaf-hop so I gotta listen.

holy shit, new gaf is amazing. It's like I'm posting on some minority-report level future shit here. Oh and the Jeezy song is fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom