• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBY

Banned
Doomtree No kings is alright, starting to grow on me

I like Childish Gambino, he's like a faster spitting version of XV

Radioactive is alright, liking it more then I expected

Still really feeling the production on the ArtOfficcial album,but nothing else

This is out? Whaaaaaaaat.

Recon

Banned
I think birdman is either partially retarded, or even he himself knows the whole bird doves thing is a giant joke.

I want to say he is in on it. But, i dont know, maybe he just thinks it is cool. I mean, he is smart enough to structure contracts to where his artists do not get paid jack shit.

I want to say he is in on it. But, i dont know, maybe he just thinks it is cool. I mean, he is smart enough to structure contracts to where his artists do not get paid jack shit.

Yeah but if he thinks hes cool he HAS to be partially retarded, or just REALLY oblivious. Like a little kid who things Sephiroth is like the coolest villain ever and just becomes obsessed with him.
I mean, look at t his shit
61Ip2w698RL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

How could you NOT realize how corny this is?
Either you're laughing at yourself, or you're really fucking stupid.

Recon

Banned
Yeah but if he thinks hes cool he HAS to be partially retarded, or just REALLY oblivious. Like a little kid who things Sephiroth is like the coolest villain ever and just becomes obsessed with him.
I mean, look at t his shit
61Ip2w698RL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

How could you NOT realize how corny this is?
Either you're laughing at yourself, or you're really fucking stupid.

Do you remember the No Limit covers? Have you seen some of these rapper's chains?

Yeah, doesn't Drake have a great deal?

Yeah he does. Makes a lot more than Wayne does from album sales. Apparently Nicki has a really good deal too.

PBY

Banned
NO KINGS OH MY GOD SHIT IS SO HOT.

Ima buy 10 copies and give it to everyone I know. This is doomtree's year b/w this and Castor the Twin.

Recon

Banned
Cannot wait to hear No Kings. I have been going through all the Doomtree releases on Spotify, shit is so good.

you guys act like Wayne is broke, he aint hurting at all thats for sure.

No one said Wayne is broke. He just got shafted in his deal by his adoptive father. It is kinda funny if you think about it.

IrishNinja

hey ace, if i didnt say so before, your last WCW was awesome - i cant get enough cube, and you know how we do it was my shit in the mid-90s, album joint and remix. ECM was good too.

kamspy

That Luda mixtape is great as fuck. Good to smoke and dumb out too. Nice beats. Vintage Luda. Probably the best Luda project in longer than anyone wants to admit. Maybe I'm caught in the moment right now, but I'm putting it as his #2 album. No bullshit. Just bang on every track. Perfect.

I just wish he didn't record the vocals on an iPhone. :(

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
That Luda mixtape is great as fuck. Good to smoke and dumb out too. Nice beats. Vintage Luda. Probably the best Luda project in longer than anyone wants to admit. Maybe I'm caught in the moment right now, but I'm putting it as his #2 album. No bullshit. Just bang on every track. Perfect.

I just wish he didn't record the vocals on an iPhone. :(

What really? It was ok for me.. Not a classic in any stretch

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
hey ace, if i didnt say so before, your last WCW was awesome - i cant get enough cube, and you know how we do it was my shit in the mid-90s, album joint and remix. ECM was good too.

thanks a lot! ECM starring the Juice lol

Jay Sosa

I don't know if this is old but this is Nas with S1 (the guy who produced Power, Murder to Excellence and Best Thing I never had), apparently this was taken at No I.D.'s house. Life is Good is going to be amazing

http://i.imgur.com/ixXzS.jpg

Anyway S1 got his own group [B]Strange Fruit Project [/B]and they released their latest album recently on Bandcamp. I haven't got it yet but check it out

[URL="http://strangefruitproject.bandcamp.com/album/a-dreamers-journey"][IMG]http://f0.bcbits.com/z/34/12/3412717327-1.jpg[/URL]

Haven't heard this album yet but the group is simply amazing. Very chill and just real good conscious stuff.

kamspy

What really? It was ok for me.. Not a classic in any stretch

I would only call his first album a classic, so 1.21 GW doesn't really need to be a classic to surpass Word of Mouf.

Also, is Doomtree love just something you guys came up with in chat to troll me? I went to the website and I don't believe you guys really like that stuff. Sure, Dessa is neat. But wow. Nice find. lol.

Recon

Banned
I would only call his first album a classic, so 1.21 GW doesn't really need to be a classic to surpass Word of Mouf.

Also, is Doomtree love just something you guys came up with in chat to troll me? I went to the website and I don't believe you guys really like that stuff. Sure, Dessa is neat. But wow. Nice find. lol.

So ludas tape is fire, but you dont understand doomtree love? It is like bizzaro world starring Kampsy.

kamspy

Seems like they're pimping Dessa on the group project to get the backpack nerds all hot around the collar. Kinda painfully obvious actually.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
No Recon no! Don't feed him!

Actually I don't think Kam is a troll as much as his taste in rap is just...um...inferior. But we still love him and he does have some great taste in West and Southern hip hop.

Fuck yeah Blackace, another dope set!

Recon

Banned
No Recon no! Don't feed him!

Actually I don't think Kam is a troll as much as his taste in rap is just...um...inferior. But we still love him and he does have some great taste in West and Southern hip hop.

Fuck yeah Blackace, another dope set!

Ha ha, i know, i was just curious since nothing on the website promotes her over anyone else. Also, i need to check out Action Bronson....I have not listened to one thing from him despite the overwhelming praise. The only thing i know from him is that cooking video where he makes some tuna.lol.

siddx

Ha ha, i know, i was just curious since nothing on the website promotes her over anyone else. Also, i need to check out Action Bronson....I have not listened to one thing from him despite the overwhelming praise. The only thing i know from him is that cooking video where he makes some tuna.lol.

Action is a New York rapper done right. If rappers were hamburgers, he'd be the bacon cheeseburger.

kamspy

I know you are a troll, but ill bite. How are they pimping her on the group project?

First verse on both singles. Abundance of cleavage shots on the website.

Also, I can't handle these people. It's like they smelted 1 million Jansport backpacks and 1 million loafs of Wonderbread and Doomtree was created.

Look at this motherfucker.

KmRC2.png

Recon

Banned

Also, I can't handle these people. It's like they smelted 1 million Jansport backpacks and 1 million loafs of Wonderbread and Doomtree was created.

I honestly do not think that amounts to pimping. Also, she isnt exactly that attractive,imo, so cleavage shots dont really do much for me, at least. I know why you dont like them, you hate hip-hop as an art form. Unless they are rapping about ho's and drugs, they arent worth your time. Rap is just entertainment to you, and you dont find Doomtree entertaining.

siddx

Everyone has a right to make hip hop if they love it, regardless of how they look.

kamspy

Everyone has a right to make hip hop if they love it, regardless of how they look.

I feel ya. Only reason I bring it up is because it's got a lot of hype so I checked it out. I'll bow out of further Doomtree conversation since it's beyond not my type of rap.

...though I do think we could draw the line at rocking a side-part. :p

DominoKid

Look at this motherfucker.

KmRC2.png

Mofo looks like a history teacher lmao. I got you kam

siddx

I feel ya. Only reason I bring it up is because it's got a lot of hype so I checked it out. I'll bow out of further Doomtree conversation since it's beyond not my type of rap.

...though I do think we could draw the line at rocking a side-part. :p

lol, well true. Although I see a lot of shit rappers do that make me wish they had a stylist or just someone with common sense hanging around. Danny Brown comes to mind. And every rapper who has a chain that weighs more than they do (but I'm not a fan of chains in general). And of course skinny jeans.

PBY

Banned
Whats going on here? Why ppl hating on Doomtree :( ?

I think the album actually bangs, you listened to it yet Kampsy?

Bleh, Im gonna go listen to Blackaces mix to make myself feel better; the last two were too damn good.

kamspy

I've only heard Beacon and the other single. Beats are interesting. I like em. Dessa verses are listenable almost as a novelty. But then the other MCs just come in and put me to sleep. Really bland voices and deliveries. It's just not my genre. I'm not really hating, just not participating. The Cecil Otter picture, well, that really caught me off guard last night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom