• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldvein

Banned
My top 5 this year, well see what Common's album does to this list:
1. WTT
2. No Kings (if i keep listening to it at this pace, it might dethrone WTT)
3. Well Done
4. Castor the Twin
5. Return of 4eva/Covert Coup fighting it out right now

i don't know if irony is the right word, but the fact that your top two albums are No Kings and Watch the Throne is funny.

JackEtc

@Drake_Rhymes
I got ink on my arm, sweet tat. Got bacon on my head, meat hat.

NiwiP.jpg
I'm dying :lol

PBY

Banned
Sidebar: if you listen to Camp in the right mood/mindset, and listen to it straight through, its amazing.

Just did it and while I liked it before, I really really love it now. Its a unique, flawed, but very special album. There really isn't anything like it out. Prob gonna make my top 10. Better than Take Care.

overcast

Sidebar: if you listen to Camp in the right mood/mindset, and listen to it straight through, its amazing.

Just did it and while I liked it before, I really really love it now. Its a unique, flawed, but very special album. There really isn't anything like it out. Prob gonna make my top 10. Better than Take Care.
Top 5 for me. A lot of you guys will scoff at that, but that album came along at the perfect time. It's definitely better than Take Care and Radioactive. Easily imo.

PBY

Banned
Top 5 for me. A lot of you guys will scoff at that, but that album came along at the perfect time. It's definitely better than Take Care and Radioactive. Easily imo.
Yeah, never in my wildest dreams did I ever think it would be better than Radioactive, but it is. Agree with everything you said.

Recon

Banned
Take Care and Camp are about the same for me. I like Donald, but he gets a bit lost sometimes and doesnt have a clear subject. Where Drake has a specific agenda and his songs are more well crafted. Gambino is a better lyricist, but Drake can craft a better album. With that said, they both sit just outside my top10. I was surprised by both, and listen to both repeatedly.

HiResDes

Sometimes I think you like everything, you're like the Hella version of Yoda.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Never a Fugees fan. Loved The Carnival, everything else I thought was either just passable or flat out boring. While everyone was going apeshit over The Score, I was struggling to find more than a handful of songs on the album I liked.

Tokubetsu

Never a Fugees fan. Loved The Carnival, everything else I thought was either just passable or flat out boring. While everyone was going apeshit over The Score, I was struggling to find more than a handful of songs on the album I liked.

That outro bro.

CRS

The only track I don't love is Cowboys. Another album where I don't ever touch the skip button.

I've never listened to The Carnival. Will fix that soon.

I can't stand the title track The Score, but after that it's mostly gold. Some tracks are definitely stronger than other (Zealots... good lord that song rules)

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I think it's the godawful cover of No Woman No Cry that just left a sour taste in my mouth for The Score. That and I can't stand Lauren Hill. But the production was some top notch shit and Pras hadn't completely made himself irrelevant yet.
Carnival is just a vastly more enjoyable album, it's only big flaw is the ridiculous amount of skits. Delete those and you have a very near classic.

I think it's the godawful cover of No Woman No Cry that just left a sour taste in my mouth for The Score. That and I can't stand Lauren Hill. But the production was some top notch shit and Pras hadn't completely made himself irrelevant yet.
Carnival is just a vastly more enjoyable album, it's only big flaw is the ridiculous amount of skits. Delete those and you have a very near classic.

the fuck?

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
She's a fucking twat with an average voice who has ridden on the back of other people's talents her whole career. We had this discussion before though, where were you.

I have a soft spot for her... Can't find anything to dispute what you said beside necking to her albums back in the day

Cudder

Yelawolf album is okay. I like a handful of songs (Get Away, Let's Roll, Everything I Love The Most, Write Your Name, The Last Song.)

Watching The Throne, Well Done, and Dessa/Doomtree's stuff >>>> Radioactive. I already shelved it. Shame on Yelawolf for that project. Too many great releases this year to listen to that.

EDIT: Alright it's not nearly as bad as I make it sound, but still. Major disappointment.

mileS

Never heard of Doomtree before but that one girl sounds like shes trying to be Jean Grae soooo hard. Maybe its just me.

overcast

Never heard of Doomtree before but that one girl sounds like shes trying to be Jean Grae soooo hard. Maybe its just me.
Just you... they are both women.. that's about it dude. I feel bad because you clearly have not listened to A Badly Broken Code.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom