• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esch

Banned
well said. Radioactive does start out strong but the part after that hilarious "for the girls" skit then reveals an album that just sounds eh. I gotta say though for some reason "Animal" is stuck in my head. Also I was hoping for a Big Boi and Big KRIT feature. He could have easily got it.

Watching the Throne is fucking great, didn't know anything about Chuuwee but I'ma believa

out of all the girly songs Animal has the most attitude. I rather like it myself. needs less fefe and more yela tho

CRS

No 1999 Eternal on /mu's list either. I know I sound like a broken record but what the fuck? Most under recognized classic confirmed?

Macca

out of all the girly songs Animal has the most attitude. I rather like it myself. needs less fefe and more yela tho
Animal is great. Nice beat, and I feel the chorus fits quite well. The other "for girls" songs not so much. Some of those could actually be really good songs without the jarring switch to whoever is singing the hook. And like I said before, that Good Girl beat is pretty much perfect for a snoop song.

The end couple songs are different to what I expected from Yela, really chill. Love them.

Recon

Banned
It's a great album, but it's not as under appreciated as you guys are making it out to be...

Yeah, it really is. It is never mentioned unless it is people saying it isnt mentioned. E.1999 Eternal is a classic and one of the best group albums of all time.

Recon

Banned
Funny, i prefer the second half of Yelas album. The only songs on the first half that have stuck with me are Lets Roll and Throw It Up.But Lets Roll is probably my favorite on the album.

Yea, Bulletproof Wallets OG version...dope shit. It's time people recognize Ghost as one of the greatest rappers of all time, and perhaps the most consistent. I can't think of any rapper more consistent than Ghost; KRS and DOOM are in the ballpark obviously.

Also, new Gangrene fire. I know Jekki and I are the only people who cared about the first album here but still:
ksbDJ.jpg

Gangrene (Oh No x Alchemist) - "Dump Truck" feat. Prodigy

Vodka & Ayahuasca drops January 24

I listen to Gutter Water regularily, just have a weak spot for Oh No. The track is hot but I wanna hear something in the vein of Boss Shit an Ransom. Can't wait for V&A.

PhoenixDark said:
Yea, Bulletproof Wallets OG version...dope shit. It's time people recognize Ghost as one of the greatest rappers of all time, and perhaps the most consistent. I can't think of any rapper more consistent than Ghost; KRS and DOOM are in the ballpark obviously.

I've never heard a weak verse from Elzhi either. I mean, look at this shit: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDz_eTkWuUE&feature=youtube_gdata_player (2:10 onwards)

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
If we talking favorite albums rather than best albums, e.1999 is top 10 easily, maybe even top 5. Thats another tape I played until the text on the side rubbed off and it looked like a blank cassette. Oddly enough its also one of my father's favorite albums, despite the fact he doesn't like most rap.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
westcoastwed.png

1) Neva Missin a Beat - Above the Law
2) Still D.R.E. - Dr. Dre ft Snoop Dogg
3) On the BLVD - Dr. Dre ft Snoop Dogg and Kokane
4) U Better Recognize - Sam Sneed
5) Afro Puffs - Lady Of Rage
6) I want it all - Warren G Ft. Mack 10
7) Indo Smoke - Mister Grimm
8) Let's Play House - Dogg Pound
9) Gin & Juice - Snoop Dogg
10) Summer Time in the LBC - The Dove Shack
11) One more day - Nate Dogg
12) Never leave me Alone - Nate Dogg
13) Get U Down - Warren G Ft. B-real
14) Tonite - DJ QUIK

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/25021028/WCW9.mp3

Recon

Banned
If we talking favorite albums rather than best albums, e.1999 is top 10 easily, maybe even top 5. Thats another tape I played until the text on the side rubbed off and it looked like a blank cassette. Oddly enough its also one of my father's favorite albums, despite the fact he doesn't like most rap.

E.1999 Eternal was one of the first hip hop records i ever heard. My brother would play it all the time before his HS Football games. Crossroads became one of my favorite songs growing up. It is a shame what became of Bone, especially bizzy, guy went nuts. Krayzie was always the best member though.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
E.1999 Eternal was one of the first hip hop records i ever heard. My brother would play it all the time before his HS Football games. Crossroads became one of my favorite songs growing up. It is a shame what became of Bone, especially bizzy, guy went nuts. Krayzie was always the best member though.

I had my first grown ass man (meaning more than dry humping or fumbling around like idiots) sexual experience while listening to e.1999 so it will always have a fond place in my heart lol

Fuck yeah ace, that looks like the best set yet.

Jay Sosa

I think it's kinda funny that if they'd release E1999 now you guys probably would go on how soft they are with their harmonizing and singing and post lame comments by some white kid impersonating Ghostface.

there's more problems with shit like Drake than just him 'singing and harmonizing' dude

and also nobody really takes Big Ghost blog as gospel, it's just entertainment (which might happen to be close to the truth once in a while)

overcast

I agree with Disco definitely. I just don't like Drake's music, and think he is a mediocre rapper. I really don't care that he sings about ladies. Softness isn't a valid complaint.

Tokubetsu

I think it's kinda funny that if they'd release E1999 now you guys probably would go on how soft they are with their harmonizing and singing and post lame comments by some white kid impersonating Ghostface.

Drake's and BTNH's subject matters are worlds apart.

there's more problems with shit like Drake than just him 'singing and harmonizing' dude

and also nobody really takes Big Ghost blog as gospel, it's just entertainment (which might happen to be close to the truth once in a while)

I just finished reading his review for "Take Care"; Fucking amazing, while our view may differ a little bit, I pretty much share the same feelings as him towards this album.

...I seriously laughing my arse off the entire time. Good stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom