• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GamerSoul

So he stops smoking..yet makes trippier music. lol.

It's..weird. And wenis is probably right, this feels like it should be a part of a strange collective experience.

Tokubetsu

MOP-Snowgoons-Sparta.jpg

IS OUT! iTUNES! AMAZON! AFRICAN DUDE IN THE CORNER OF One-Two-5ITH! IS OUT!

Glad you told me about this.

Esch

Banned
A couple thoughts from the drive today:

Relistened to Radioactive paying attention this time. This album is frustrating as fuck. God it starts out so good. The 'for the girls' songs arent really that BAD per se, there are just way too many of them and they're all stupidly clumped in one bad middle section, just dumb. I'd just like to say that Throw It Up is fucking immense. I love it. I love everything about it. If there were even three more songs on radioactive with that intensity replacing some of the girly tracks this woulda been an AotY contender. Also the features suck for a major label release. Fuck. This is a guy who's done collabs with slaughterhouse, jay e, krit, gucci etc and this is the best you can do Shady? smh.

Also HiResDes/peterb0y are right. Watching the Throne is fucking awesome. Awesome. 19 songs and i largely enjoyed it. It's nice to see a guy who can rap and actually write songs. I'm not sure where this will go for me, but Chuuwee easily earned rookie of the year for this in my book. Despite having a stupid name. And naming his album after another album. And he does sound/rap like Big L and Eminem had a baby.

Relistened to Radioactive paying attention this time. This album is frustrating as fuck. God it starts out so good. The 'for the girls' songs arent really that BAD per se, there are just way too many of them and they're all stupidly clumped in one bad middle section, just dumb. I'd just like to say that Throw It Up is fucking immense. I love it. I love everything about it. If there were even three more songs on radioactive with that intensity replacing some of the girly tracks this woulda been an AotY contender. Also the features suck for a major label release. Fuck. This is a guy who's done collabs with slaughterhouse, jay e, krit, gucci etc and this is the best you can do Shady? smh.

Also HiResDes/peterb0y are right. Watching the Throne is fucking awesome. Awesome. 19 songs and i largely enjoyed it. It's nice to see a guy who can rap and actually write songs. I'm not sure where this will go for me, but Chuuwee easily earned rookie of the year for this in my book. Despite having a stupid name. And naming his album after another album. And he does sound/rap like Big L and Eminem had a baby.
Agree with just about everything u said, throw it up is a fucking beast, will check out chuuwee or whoever soon.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Yeah Chuuwee tape is good. That Belly tape is fucking excellent though. Love the beats, Belly himself isn't phenomenal but he's just good enough to compliment the beats and not distract from them.

siddx

I'm just amazed Gucci found someone even worse than Flacka to collab with. I think ya'll are just worried Vnasty is going to kill gucci on his own shit.

HiResDes

Eschaton speaking dat truth, Shinobi and Toku refreshing a dude's memory about the fire that dropped, and Siddx/Recon releasing the spiritual successor to Akinyele's Put in Your Mouth. I love you guys.

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
I'm just amazed Gucci found someone even worse than Flacka to collab with. I think ya'll are just worried Vnasty is going to kill gucci on his own shit.
As much as I love Gucci, I can admit he's not a wunderkind on the mic. That being said, he absolutely destroys V Nasty on the mic. Like, it's not even close. She's god awful, as an MC and as a person. Anything to accelerate the White Girl Mob's 15 minutes of fame would be greatly appreciated.

HiResDes

I can't wait to hear her do her Gucci impersonations alongside Gucci himself. It'll be like hearing a Nicki Minaj/Weezy joint, but even funnier.

well said. Radioactive does start out strong but the part after that hilarious "for the girls" skit then reveals an album that just sounds eh. I gotta say though for some reason "Animal" is stuck in my head. Also I was hoping for a Big Boi and Big KRIT feature. He could have easily got it.

Watching the Throne is fucking great, didn't know anything about Chuuwee but I'ma believa

siddx

As much as I love Gucci, I can admit he's not a wunderkind on the mic. That being said, he absolutely destroys V Nasty on the mic. Like, it's not even close. She's god awful, as an MC and as a person. Anything to accelerate the White Girl Mob's 15 minutes of fame would be greatly appreciated.

lol I'm not a Gucci fan by any means but I was just fucking around. V Nasty is a fucking herpes sore on the nutsack of hip hop, I'd listen to gucci anyday over her.

siddx

I gave radioacive another good listen today in the car and I like it even more now. Made in the USA and Write Your Name are the only tracks I skip now. It's a solid 8/10 now for me now.

CRS

MOTMII

was great.

fuck the haters.

This song is bad tho.
+1

I guess I am in the minority that really liked MotM 2. Obviously it's not MotM but it's not as bad as some people are making it out to be. Mr. Rager is one of my favorite Kid Cudi tracks of all time.

I doubt that he'll ever make a MotM again though. MotM 1 is one of those albums that I'll always love because it came when my life was going through a rough patch and it just clicked with me.

I feel like someone should make a Best Of Alchemist mix. Maybe Spotify has his work on there.

Kaladin

What does GAF-HOP think of Yellawolf? His album Radioactive is the first rap album I've listened to in a while and it's alright.

siddx

I'll just forget I posted here then and continue ignoring the thread. Carry on.

you lack the testicular fortitude to survive in this thread young one.

hint everyone in here gives each other mad amounts of shit, don't take it personal

HiResDes

It's weird that everyone thinks I'm an asshole, even when I'm genuinely trying to be helpful...Although I guess I am rather naturally cranky.

CRS

you lack the testicular fortitude to survive in this thread young one.

hint everyone in here gives each other mad amounts of shit, don't take it personal
Some don't need any shit handed to them though. Their music taste makes up for that.
DominoKid :p (Go Lakers)

Slizz

I went back 3 - 4 pages for it all. I did read this page and the previous page and didn't see much talk about it.

Well then a summary; Most Yelawolf fans from Trunk Muzik era n shit think that this release is a little on the weak side. Most of the hardcore Gaf-Hoppers are only taking about 3-5 tracks from it.

Average release.

Kaladin

Well then a summary; Most Yelawolf fans from Trunk Muzik era n shit think that this release is a little on the weak side. Most of the hardcore Gaf-Hoppers are only talking about 3-5 tracks from it.

Average release.

Sounds typical from when an indie artist gets pick up by a major label.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom