• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Gucci Gucci?

Hannah Montana?

LOL he is basically Jacking beats, so he raps over the gucci gucci beat and the Hannah Montana is a beat jacking of that song "Tony Montana" just give it a listen and you will see that he has some work, on of his songs (cocaine paradise) is at 200,000 views for an unknown cat... even though he is big in the battle rap scene.

here is some of his old shit just to get an idea on the type of rapper he is.

Tsu Surf Freedom
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kc9HiOuQqNM

Tsu Surf - Cocaine Paradise
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FZURNPEMcps&NR=1

Tsu Surf - Dreams Money Can Buy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b4trTCYCY3U

then grab the mix tape if you like .

Jay Sosa

Damn battery went dead while typing this..

short version: you're cousins is pretty good, love the video and art, very professional for an indie artist.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Hey, if Mac Miller can fail upwards, why not shoot for the stars!

You can sit on your album cover with the look of being mentally distraught by making millions or intestion discomfort

iavi

aside from that track sampling lights, Lupe's still 2/2 in my book. I haven't listened to Lasers and ain't even really in the rush to do it. I'll check that tape out though.

Recon

Banned
Lupe cycle? I have zero expectations for the mixtape but Im hoping for the best

What is amazing is that Lupe hadnt dropped a dud until LASERS. Yet people act like he is trash. It is kinda funny. Im not hyped at all for FOTP, but i hope it is good.

Esch

Banned
Lupe cycle? I have zero expectations for the mixtape but Im hoping for the best

nah, the nas cycle still fits this model best:

1219784882919by0.png

lupe only really made one crap album. Plus its not the same level of embarassing because lupe's best spit could never touch Nas's farts.

Recon

Banned
True, but I liked the "Political Lupe" that was rapped "American Terrorist" rather than the entirety of "Lasers".

I agree that his songs on LASERS were shallow and not that good. What i am saying though is that his attitude hasnt really changed, the spotlight on him just got bigger due to his singles getting a bunch of plays.

Esch

Banned
It makes me wonder what the fuck dude does with life. Him and the GZA. they ain't workin, and i never hear about em....so what's going on there?

PBY

Banned
What is amazing is that Lupe hadnt dropped a dud until LASERS. Yet people act like he is trash. It is kinda funny. Im not hyped at all for FOTP, but i hope it is good.

Yeah I know... I kinda meant is Lupe gonna have his own cycle now? I'm seriously expecting mediocrity from the mixtape tom, but I'm hoping against hope that its awesome. Also, I'm expecting A LOT of jacked beats, thats just how Lupe rolls on his mixtapes.

I'll consider it a victory if he just stays away from his pseudo-political raps, and stays in his conscious skateboarder lane. Please god.

PBY

Banned
looks like were gonna get friend of the people tomorrow, not at midnight. on his twitter, lupe did say hed put out the cover art/tracklist tonight at midnight.

Recon

Banned
looks like were gonna get friend of the people tomorrow, not at midnight. on his twitter, lupe did say hed put out the cover art/tracklist tonight at midnight.

Not gonna lie, as it gets closer, i cant help but get hyped. LASERS was bad, but i liked Lightwork and I know he is capable of putting out something great.

Given the early rumblings we got from Madlib/DOOM this year (snippets) I kind of thought they might release something this year. But tbh I never got my hopes up. DOOM is sitting on tons of stuff, from old unreleased shit to new stuff. He'll re-release an old album here or there, and do some random shows, but that's it. I really don't get it, considering his fans are willing to buy just about anything.

Same with the lazy DOOMStarks song, which people paid for lol. They've been working on that for YEARS and it's still not out. Meh. Eventually he'll open the vaults, it's gonna happen one day. But right now he seems content doing...whatever it is he's doing. I certainly don't want another Born This Way, a lazy project with fake cartoon voice overs and weak production.

Tokubetsu

Given the early rumblings we got from Madlib/DOOM this year (snippets) I kind of thought they might release something this year. But tbh I never got my hopes up. DOOM is sitting on tons of stuff, from old unreleased shit to new stuff. He'll re-release an old album here or there, and do some random shows, but that's it. I really don't get it, considering his fans are willing to buy just about anything.

Same with the lazy DOOMStarks song, which people paid for lol. They've been working on that for YEARS and it's still not out. Meh. Eventually he'll open the vaults, it's gonna happen one day. But right now he seems content doing...whatever it is he's doing. I certainly don't want another Born This Way, a lazy project with fake cartoon voice overs and weak production.

Yeah man, totally! And ACT II will be dropping anyday now!

Recon

Banned
I honestly do not think Act II will ever drop. Jay is gonna OD doing lines off of Bahdu's ass or die homeless. There was never an Act II...Inception!!

IrishNinja

caching up - this kendrick/busta track is nice, as is WCW like always. ace, you mind PMing me a link to the newer ones when you can so i can update the OP?

also: sonic broke the cycle, gotta believe Nas still can. how much longer till com/No ID drop?

Recon

Banned
caching up - this kendrick/busta track is nice, as is WCW like always. ace, you mind PMing me a link to the newer ones when you can so i can update the OP?

also: sonic broke the cycle, gotta believe Nas still can. how much longer till com/No ID drop?

Dec.22....Too fucking far away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom