• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop 2011+ |OT3| Look out for OT4 before Detox (dat sh!t cray)

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Hassan Mackey is not terrible by any means, you listen to Daily Bread?

I think its because today is my once a year get high as fuck before I eat turkey day. Cause now I listen to him and like him.
Turkey Get High day might also explain why I like the Lupe album.

Also fuck dubstep. When I first heard about it about a year ago I thought it was kind of neat, I liked the general sound of it, very menacing. But it became apparent really quickly that 99% of dubstep songs sounds exactly the same.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Also fuck dubstep. When I first heard about it about a year ago I thought it was kind of neat, I liked the general sound of it, very menacing. But it became apparent really quickly that 99% of dubstep songs sounds exactly the same.

They shouldn't.... it could be that you're just being exposed to the american idea of dusbtep.

Esch

Banned
I dont really fucks with dubstep.... And i'm not even talking popstep shit like skrillex. honestly not even the stuff people from the underground registers with me.

On the other hand i LOVE ambient

Tokubetsu

Hassan Mackey is not terrible by any means, you listen to Daily Bread?

Also dubstep can be good:

Sepalcure - Fleur EP ~ Fleur

Hyetal - Broadcast ~ Searchlight

Desolate - Invisible Insurrection ~ Divinus

ESKMO - ESKMO ~ Cloudlight

Kode 9 & Spaceape - Black Sun ~ Black Sun

Martyn - Great Lengths ~ Hear Me

Gold Panda - Companion ~ Fifth Ave

Yep, people (johnny come latelys) seem to only think dubstep is all wub wub bs when dudes have been make atmospheric cityscape at night shit throughout most of the aughts. Then people wonder why all the dudes in EU were so quick to distance themselves from it once dudes like skrillex popped up.

Juke/footwork shit is coming back though, can quote me on that
http://soundcloud.com/litcity/dj-manny-j-cush-make-me-feel

Detox

I see no wonder it was taking me so long to understand. My brain couldn't comprehend how someone who hasn't been in the game for 5 years claim he came up with that.

We need something from this meeting (scarface on the left)
ClDec.jpg

iavi

To be perfectly honest, I still can't get a clear idea as to what signifies a track as dubstep. You have stuff like Skrillex, you'll have stuff like zombie, then you'll get the more atmospheric stuff like burial--all sounding way different, all considered dubstep. It's the one genre tag that confuses the shit out of me.

I dont really fucks with dubstep.... And i'm not even talking popstep shit like skrillex. honestly not even the stuff people from the underground registers with me.

On the other hand i LOVE ambient

agreed. I don't even like the mellower sounding burial/jamie xx shit either. It's all kind of boring for me.

Acid08

Banned
To be perfectly honest, I still can't get a clear idea as to what signifies a track as dubstep. You have stuff like Skrillex, you'll have stuff like zombie, then you'll get the more atmospheric stuff like burial--all sounding way different, all considered dubstep. It's the one genre tag that confuses the shit out of me.

Are Skream and Benga considered dubstep? It's so different from that Skrillex brostep bullshit.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
To people that go to clubs in the states... are y'all really "cooking"? Gotta ask..

DominoKid

i dont think people cook at clubs.
but everybody does that shit at the house parties i go to.

i think everyone is always excited and surprised when they meet someone else IRL that likes lil b.

i think everyone is always excited and surprised when they meet someone else IRL that likes lil b.

This, but sometimes you do see this one fool at clubs who is completely serious with the cooking like he is a master chef.

Most of the time I see it tho, people are just foolin around.

Blackace

Well West Coast kids serving in the East in the land of rising sun cook in the clubs and claim that if you do the wrong dance steps (like claim you are a master chef) you will get bombed on... I almost kicked dude in the chest for lying to me.. but people co-signed it..

Well West Coast kids serving in the East in the land of rising sun cook in the clubs and claim that if you do the wrong dance steps (like claim you are a master chef) you will get bombed on... I almost kicked dude in the chest for lying to me.. but people co-signed it..

Does this mean Lil B club mix next? lol

DominoKid

o_O wow.

Blackace

Does this mean Lil B club mix next? lol

I could see myself spinning A Lil B song if it were that hot... A song.. but to sit at my decks in my home and make a mix.. naw don't think so..

I like the Cat Daddy better than cooking anyways..

This, but sometimes you do see this one fool at clubs who is completely serious with the cooking like he is a master chef.

lol I saw somebody take it so seriously in a club once, it was bizarre as hell.

PBY

Banned
downloading Friend of the People now; will see how I like it. Pretty hyped from ppls impressions here, and I love LOVE justice, so im feeling good about it.

Oh man, I know its gonna get better... but this fucking intro, goddammit new lupe.

I could see myself spinning A Lil B song if it were that hot... A song.. but to sit at my decks in my home and make a mix.. naw don't think so..

I like the Cat Daddy better than cooking anyways..
I can imagine you trying to make a mix of Lil B song and get to the first song like wtf is this haha
Cat Daddy is cool shit, lol pretty funny dance
lol I saw somebody take it so seriously in a club once, it was bizarre as hell.

Yeah shit is amazingly bizarre haha

PBY

Banned
Oh lupe. lupe lupe lupe. I fucking HATE the first three tracks, but the rest gets a lot better. Every once in a while hell throw in a line that comes across as so pseudo-intellectual/revolutaionary that it leaves a bad taste in your mouth, like
THE PEOPLE UNITED WILL NEVER BE DEFEATED. A few #occupy references too. Gah. Overall though, after the first three tracks its a solid tape, but its clear to me that Lupe will never be the Lupe of old. Which is not to say that this is a bad thing, I'm not saying hes Lasers Lupe either, hes just very different.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I see no wonder it was taking me so long to understand. My brain couldn't comprehend how someone who hasn't been in the game for 5 years claim he came up with that.

We need something from this meeting (scarface on the left)
ClDec.jpg

Maybe we can finally get that Scarface/Bun B album that was planned a few years back. For Premier to be from Houston, it is amazing he hasn't worked with many rappers from here. I know Face was in the studio with Mannie Fresh recently and had some conversation with Budden about making a song.

Esch

Banned

not liking lil b, but it is funny to see someone IRL regurgitate part of the meme

As if the current west coast couldnt get any more embarrassing right

Blackace

As if the current west coast couldnt get any more embarrassing right

No this ghost riding, hyphy, jerking, swag, cooking, wheelchair driver scene has been going on for a while so nothing shocks me..

edornob

To people that go to clubs in the states... are y'all really "cooking"? Gotta ask..

The "cooking" dance I see doesn't even look like they're cooking (gesturing the use of ingredients and utensils), it literally looks like a dance. If that makes sense.

Kaizer

Banned

Wow, that's umm........okay. Would be amazing to see "Cooking" Crews going around trying to act all hardcore lmao.

CRS

Really drunk and high, lost my pair of really good IEMs, and enjoying LOTS of food with family.

Happy Thanksgiving GAF-Hop.

DominoKid

I laugh whenever I see chefs showing off the whole arsenal. True masterchefs know to not give out all the family recipes. I have some secret, rare dishes that few eyes have ever seen.

DominoKid

man i would toss something back but i'm 20 so it's a little longer until the entire world of liquor is at my fingertips. so i'm bout to smoke a few bowls instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom