• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Kusagari said:
The Based God confirmed that he has collaborations with Jay Electronica, Charles Hamilton, and Lupe coming out during a Vibe interview.

Lupe and Lil B? :lol
ty-based.gif

RPS37

Kusagari said:
The Based God confirmed that he has collaborations with Jay Electronica, Charles Hamilton, and Lupe coming out during a Vibe interview.

Lupe and Lil B? :lol
How?? I need to hear these yesterday.

K.Jack said:
Yo, no BASED GOD kidding, this is hot as hell. I've never heard him come this hard. This is about to be getting mad time in my playlist, damn.

Talkin' to the green, and I'm not Master Splinter

Yeah, I learned a while ago that Lil B was a little bit more than a joke rapper. Dude actually has skills, he just likes to troll everybody with these shitty songs. I get the impression he just goes into the studio and says whatever and lets it ride.

I'm seriously a Lil B fan, the more I listen to his shit, the more I get him. Regardless, hes one of the more interesting characters in Hip-Hop right now to watch.

RPS37

Pinko Marx said:
Yeah, I learned a while ago that Lil B was a little bit more than a joke rapper. Dude actually has skills, he just likes to troll everybody with these shitty songs. I get the impression he just goes into the studio and says whatever and lets it ride.

I'm seriously a Lil B fan, the more I listen to his shit, the more I get him. Regardless, hes one of the more interesting characters in Hip-Hop right now to watch.

I just tricked you into answering a question I was afraid no one would honestly respond to. :D

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Pinko Marx said:

I'm pretty sure you and I are the only real Lil B fans here. Ever since I heard Birth Of Rap, I've understood what he's doing.

B is just using Soulja Boy for free mixtape money.

Tokubetsu

ShinobiFist said:
Keep spreading the gospel fam...Wash away the evil sins of that heathen knowed as Conway West. Oh BASED GOD! Save these poor souls of that man's "Devil" Music!

If the rap game is GOD, and Based God is our lord and savior Jesus who died for our ringtone sins...then does that make Kanye Judas? Or the fallen one Lucifer?

RNvPz.jpg

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Oh for fucks sake....

If you weirdos are gonna pull more of this Lil B basegod bullshit I'm going to have to abandon this thread again until it dies down.

I don't find a man who forcibly holds down hip hop music and rapes the fuck out of it with every lyric he recites remotely amusing.

siddx

enzo_gt said:
Damn, I'm glad even Lupe knew that was hot shit.

And Free Agent dropped today?! Seriously?! Damn I have no recollection of any release dates anymore.

I read something confusing that indicated it was supposed to drop today but was pushed back till Jan....but it leaked today anyways.

Tokubetsu

siddx said:
I read something confusing that indicated it was supposed to drop today but was pushed back till Jan....but it leaked today anyways.

Is it decent? I was super hyped earlier this year/late last year but a lot of the stuff he dropped this year outside of the nissa honda chevy freestyle failed to impress me.

siddx

Tokubetsu said:
Is it decent? I was super hyped earlier this year/late last year but a lot of the stuff he dropped this year outside of the nissa honda chevy freestyle failed to impress me.

I haven't really given it a decent listen. It went into the very long cue of music I need to listen to behing Nick Nando, Jay Rock, Tom Hardy, Yelawolf's stereo mixtape, bishop lamont, emilio rojas, Orishas, and a bunch more.

HiResDes

Hmm...I had already posted mine, but I guess I should cut it and paste it into the latest version of the song, as I didn't others had already contributed...Soul you really should have just made a separate thread for it.

IrishNinja

siddx said:
Oh for fucks sake....

If you weirdos are gonna pull more of this Lil B basegod bullshit I'm going to have to abandon this thread again until it dies down.

I don't find a man who forcibly holds down hip hop music and rapes the fuck out of it with every lyric he recites remotely amusing.

i mean, i appreciate where you're coming from...but so many dudes right now do exactly that, and take themselves mad seriously. i used to think Meth/Red were just getting old & cranky but there's a lot to bitch about with the mainstream for the last few years...if someone wants to pick it up from one side and completely fuck with it, at least it's amusing. i started this way with BASED GOD but the more of these videos i watch, the more he's killing me, its hard to not love this shit, bafoonery or not.

someone on here posted a cool site to look up hip hop samples, meant to ask: have ya'll heard DJ Riz's 2 track set "Live from Brooklyn"? i cant find it on youtube, it's like 8-9 minute cuts of just playing classic R&B/soul samples to hip hop classics, lotta fun. if i cant find it online, ill upload if anyone's interested.

IrishNinja

Tokubetsu said:
Was this posted already? Shaolin vs Wu-Tang dropping next March:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=de28GNniuWs&feature=player_embedded

first i've seen it, made my night. if 2011 sees this, liquid sword 2 and (somehow) madvillainy 2? i'm prepared to say its >2010 for me, and this has been a fine year indeed.
curious to see what Shinobi's got to say on the RZA-less Wu effort. i admit im on the dude's nuts, but i really like where Rae's trying to take shit right now - Scram, Kanye, and Pete Rock already listed as producers? fuck, get primo & a seance for J Dilla and i'll call it OB4CL III.

Tokubetsu

IrishNinja said:
first i've seen it, made my night. if 2011 sees this, liquid sword 2 and (somehow) madvillainy 2? i'm prepared to say its >2010 for me, and this has been a fine year indeed.
curious to see what Shinobi's got to say on the RZA-less Wu effort. i admit im on the dude's nuts, but i really like where Rae's trying to take shit right now - Scram, Kanye, and Pete Rock already listed as producers? fuck, get primo & a seance for J Dilla and i'll call it OB4CL III.

As of December 2010, a RZA less Wu record is pretty much guaranteed to be better than RZA Wu record.

PBY

Banned
IrishNinja said:
Same, but then again Shinobi thinks Wu-Tang Forever is better than 36 Chambers (still love you though man, but you're wrongggg)

Also, Toku, I used to think along those lines, and hated his track on Wu Massacre, but New Wu and Black Mozart were fucking great off OB4CL2, and Dark Fantasy is the tits. I have faith in RZA

IrishNinja

yeah...don't get me wrong, he's been on some hollywood shit for a while (and id love to see more Ghost Dog/etc type efforts, even enjoyed a bit of what he did for Afro Samurai), 8 diagrams was no doubt a miss but the clan was saying for a while he wanted to try some space opera type epic shit and that wasnt them/they wouldn't really get paid that way. i like to think at some point he'll want to come back with some grimy shit - or at least a wider swath of samples having been around more - but you're right, ship might've sailed on that era.

personally, i really dug Tao of Wu so if he writes so more shit like that, i'll be cool either way.

peterb0y said:
Same, but then again Shinobi thinks Wu-Tang Forever is better than 36 Chambers (still love you though man, but you're wrongggg)

haha...between this & the last hip hop thread, ive seen dudes argue that Illmatic wasn't Nas' finest, Ready to Die likewise wasn't biggie's best, etc. that's controversial, but there's been worse on here :lol

Also, Toku, I used to think along those lines, and hated his track on Wu Massacre, but New Wu and Black Mozart were fucking great of OB4CL2, and Dark Fantasy is the tits. I have faith in RZA

this, finally sat down and listened to conway goddammit shinobis Kanye's new album, not really getting the hate: excellent production for the most part, i dug more than half the tracks, pretty much what i get from his efforts. and yeah, RZA was solid on that one.
on OB4CL II: i couldn't stop looping "House of Flying Daggers", blew my mind that was Dilla. R.I.P.

Recon

Banned
soul creator said:
uploaded the version with both of our verses, so the next person can download and record their verse. Looks like Recon, Fixed2BeBroken, RPS37, and spindashing are left. Since you're here Recon, you might as well go next! http://soundcloud.com/groups/gaf-is-so-appalled

Ill hit that shit tomorrow morning, i got roommates i dont wanna wake up lmao. Plus, i got my Mad Men Blu Rays in today, im gettin my Don Draper on!

Tokubetsu

peterb0y said:

Also, Toku, I used to think along those lines, and hated his track on Wu Massacre, but New Wu and Black Mozart were fucking great off OB4CL2, and Dark Fantasy is the tits. I have faith in RZA

Thing is though, like six other producers had their hand in that beat. How much of that is RZA? We'll never know. A lot of the behind the scenes shit points to having more of an overseer style input on the tracks he helped with for MBDTF.

Can't hate on Black Mozart or New Wu at all though but I'd like to think if RZA had handed Raekwon some 8 diagrams shit there would have been blow ups. There's also the fact that OB4CLII was six/seven years in the making. No telling how old those (or versions of those) beats might have orignally been.

Also, when arguing classics, Life After Death > Ready to Die for me but then we're getting into nostalgia and the albums I spent more time with a kid and that's exactly what happened there. My sister's boyfriend made me a tape copy of Life After Death when I was like eight and I wore it the fuck out.

As far as I'm concerned, "I Love The Dough" is the best song Jay-Z will ever be on. EVER.

So where's that G Unit stan who said Nikki Minaj's album would outsell Kanye's? Don't want to bring sales-age here but...

fall back son

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom