• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashhong

enzo_gt said:
Actually, that beat was originally intended for SAS. Kanye just bought it out for a much higher price and turned it into The Joy, so they decided to put out this track anyways. I'd link but I'm posting from my iPhone.

Kinda did em dirty, but this happens in rap all the time.

I was just talking about that cover art actually. The big font on the faded background style that he started with GOOD Fridays. Haven't actually listened to the song yet :lol

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
PhoenixDark said:
I like that Wayne song; might be my favorite of his *hides*

still, nas lost

Same here. That might be one of my favorite Wayne songs. Probably the only song he has made that stays on topic and doesn't go left into some crazy talk.

As far a Ross, that is a great song he listed. But it all confuses me what criteria he used for the list.

ATF487

Am I the only person that cares about the 15th anniversary edition of Doe or Die? I haven't heard any press about it but "the Calm" is one of the best songs I've heard all year.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
HiResDes said:
Madness Vs. Soul Khan - Watch it with me, this is gonna be one of the last Soul Khan battles for a while apparently...I can't wait to hear more album material from the guy.
Madness got so rattled. Dude couldn't say shit in his Round 2.

Painful to watch.

PBY

Banned
ATF487 said:
Am I the only person that cares about the 15th anniversary edition of Doe or Die? I haven't heard any press about it but "the Calm" is one of the best songs I've heard all year.
I do like AZ, maybe I'll pick it up

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I said it before and i'll say it again.

Go pick up Yelawolf's album. It's sick as fuck. Top three of the year for me. It goes HARD, perfect riding around music, especially if you have subs.

Tokubetsu

siddx said:

Go pick up Yelawolf's album. It's sick as fuck. Top three of the year for me. It goes HARD, perfect riding around music, especially if you have subs.

Billy Crystal is my shit. His flow on that track is just, ridiculous.

PBY

Banned
siddx said:

GET THE FUCK UPPPPPPP

I like it, his flow on some tracks is pretty great. Also, Daddy's Lambo speaks to me:lol

Tokubetsu

peterb0y said:
GET THE FUCK UPPPPPPP

I like it, his flow on some tracks is pretty great. Also, Daddy's Lambo speaks to me:lol

I actually found out the other day that he's really 30. Kinda surprised me. :lol

siddx

peterb0y said:
GET THE FUCK UPPPPPPP

His first verse on Good to Go is ridiculous.

It's too bad he left off some of the tracks from the trunk muzik mix tape. Speak Her Sex for instance. And F.U.
I just mixed the album and mixtape together so no loss here but I would think speak her sex could have been a minor hit for him. It's got just enough crossover appeal without losing him any credibility.

A lot the tracks I was only "eh" about first few listens (like I wish) have grown on me to the point there isn't a single track on the album I don't love.

Love is not enough is my shit though. Love that beat to death.

Tokubetsu

siddx said:
His first verse on Good to Go is ridiculous.

It's too bad he left off some of the tracks from the trunk muzik mix tape. Speak Her Sex for instance. And F.U.
I just mixed the album and mixtape together so no loss here but I would think speak her sex could have been a minor hit for him. It's got just enough crossover appeal without losing him any credibility.

A lot the tracks I was only "eh" about first few listens (like I wish) have grown on me to the point there isn't a single track on the album I don't love.

Love is not enough is my shit though. Love that beat to death.

Completely relatable lyrics too (on love is not enough).

siddx said:

Cotdayum this whole album really does go hard.

MMaRsu

siddx said:
Forgot to mention this mixtape, came out not too long ago

Bishop Lamont : Mecha God Spilla

Some great tracks on there, and I've long been a Lamont fan.
If you like West Coast rap this is very much worth the download.

It has a bunch of Dr.Dre produced tracks btw.

What the hell? Why are the files m4a? Why not mp3? This shit makes no sense

siddx

MMaRsu said:
What the hell? Why are the files m4a? Why not mp3? This shit makes no sense

I didn't even notice that until you said something. Weird, always find it odd when I see m4a files. Well at least it still plays.

HiResDes

siddx said:
I didn't even notice that until you said something. Weird, always find it odd when I see m4a files. Well at least it still plays.
I only use aac, which I think is the same thing...It sounds better than mp3 to me when encoded in the same bitrate.

Slizz

peterb0y said:
rapid-fire delivery really isn't my thing cuz I like to actually hear lyrics, but this is impressive:

http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2010/11/29...sta-rhymes-layzie-bone-twista-jaz-o/#comments
Post a pic man people aren't gonna click some text, tease their eyes

20101129-SECONDS1.jpg

Really feeling this, beat goes and the rappers are on point.

AKingNamedPaul

I am Homie
Idk if you guys have covered Turbo T.Double in this thread, but He's probably the only rapper I can listen to nowadays. His youtube channel ScrambleTV has a really limited taste of his music. You can find his multiple mixtapes entitled "Electro Rock" which come in multiple volumes for free downloads.

He definitely has a different air about him, and isn't your average rapper.

Recommended songs:
Light Heart
Ozone
inclement
Little Blue Backpack
ideedit
Little Red Lunchbox
Purple exhaust
Realest song I ever wrote
Bicycle
Twilight zone pt 2

I could probably go on for a while, so I'll keep it short and sweet.

siddx

How about some international hip hop?

Tiro De Gracia, one of the first and best Chilean hip hop groups to gain fame and attention.
x1pc_jqddVOWRnFnAnFRqI62ufgzh6MgtOMSQuNywUIgi5ElGOhsUEoRaE5zBVwyyy-oeUhWBZDgb5YdGYhuK5tqHavCh_NgFiEWJR8h0KeiCbtQ1qHYmHIYvtblTiKK9cJKgq2RgrPuU0.jpeg

Their debut album Ser Humano, released in 1997, is fantastic. Just a great spanish language take on the 90's golden era of hip hop.
Tiro_De_Gracia-Ser_Humano-Frontal.jpg

They released 4 other albums and pretty much split in 07. The other albums are decent (my friend loves Retorno de Misericordia) but in my opinion nothing comes close to their debut. It's just brilliant stuff.

SONGS
Melaza
Viaje sin rumbo
Ser Humano N.2
Dos Corazones
Opyo

I have a few other international hip hop groups I love/loved, I might make a few more of these posts

Nabs

been listening to the new ye album a lot lately. straight forward, no skipping. shits pretty damn good.

and fast rap is awesome. would have missed it w/o a cover, thanks slizz.

HiResDes

FootNinja said:
Idk if you guys have covered Turbo T.Double in this thread, but He's probably the only rapper I can listen to nowadays. His youtube channel ScrambleTV has a really limited taste of his music. You can find his multiple mixtapes entitled "Electro Rock" which come in multiple volumes for free downloads.

Recommended songs:
Light Heart
Ozone
inclement
Little Blue Backpack
ideedit
Little Red Lunchbox
Purple exhaust
Bicycle
Twilight zone pt 2

While the dude definitely has good intentions he needs to work on his delivery a bit, and the production is a little weak in places...But I definitely like where his head is at as the subject matter is fairly well varied...But with that being said there's no reason that he should be the only rapper you're listening to right now, that's just fucking silly and ridiculous to me. :lol There's better shit out there.

Pinko Marx said:
Listening to Pilot Talk 1 for the first time right now. This is perfect weed smokin music.

I listened to it for the first time a couple weeks ago and was like "man, this kinda reminds me of some classic Snoop Dogg/weed smoking shit"

Like 30 seconds later, Snoop Dogg pops up on Seat Change :lol

siddx

Pinko Marx said:
Listening to Pilot Talk 1 for the first time right now. This is perfect weed smokin music.

Are you listening to it while wearing your storm trooper hat? :p

hie

FootNinja said:

Recommended songs:
Light Heart
Ozone
inclement
Little Blue Backpack
ideedit
Little Red Lunchbox
Purple exhaust
Bicycle
Twilight zone pt 2

Cool you dig it, but none of his stuff does anything for me. He doesn't sound very unique and his flow isn't very confident sounding. As was said...there's much better than this all over the place.

Kusagari

The Based God confirmed that he has collaborations with Jay Electronica, Charles Hamilton, and Lupe coming out during a Vibe interview.

Lupe and Lil B? :lol

Kusagari said:
The Based God confirmed that he has collaborations with Jay Electronica, Charles Hamilton, and Lupe coming out during a Vibe interview.

Lupe and Lil B? :lol

ALL MY DREAMS, THEY ARE COMING TRUE.
BASED GOD FOR PRESIDENTE.

So I listened to that Soul Khan album that was posted in that youtube link earlier, and it's actually pretty solid. I'm always skeptical when battle rappers try to make actual songs, but I think his stuff holds up pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom