• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
HiResDes said:
SoulCreator

I recorded mine, im just taking my time and mixing it right, plus i added a few things to my part :) . This was a fun idea, we should try and get that Gaf-Tape going again.

kamspy

My buddy with the ghetto studio is in jail at the moment, so I don't have access to anywhere with a booth. Is there a quality standard for the vocal sound quality? Cuz I was hoping to do it with just a regular USB mic.

What's the beat? I was brainstorming some shit today at work when I caught wind of this last night.

HiResDes

If nobody mines I'd like to nominate the next posse cut beat:

Ski Beatz - Taxi

@Kamspy, no there's no standard I also used a USB mic and Audacity, and the beat is So Appalled...Problem is that all the bars have supposedly been taken, but if I remember correctly one person declined to rap so you can take his spot.

aLGUu.jpg

Yes sir! ShinobiFist coming through with that FIRE! Instrumental Hip-Hop album right here. The best I heard in a minute, too fucking good. Listen to his FULL tracks at his BANDCAMP page. http://kilawattmusic.bandcamp.com/album/makin-sound I cop this ASAP! Love BANDCAMP, I was there for 5hrs today just searching and found this gem :)

EDIT:posse cut? What? I want in :)

kamspy

HiResDes said:
If nobody mines I'd like to nominate the next posse cut beat:

Ski Beatz - Taxi

@Kamspy, no there's no standard I also used a USB mic and Audacity, and the beat is So Appalled...Problem is that all the bars have supposedly been taken, but if I remember correctly one person declined to rap so you can take his spot.

Got a link to the instro? Aren't there at least two different mixes (one G Friday and on album)?

Which spot is open (chronologically speaking)?

EDIT: Spots taken? Dude's not willing to loop it for extra slots? ....alright. Well than instead of waiting for yall, me and Shinobi need to get a new one going, with unlimited slots. :D

kamspy said:
Got a link to the instro? Aren't there at least two different mixes (one G Friday and on album)?

Which spot is open (chronologically speaking)?

EDIT: Spots taken? Dude's not willing to loop it for extra slots? ....alright. Well than instead of waiting for yall, me and Shinobi need to get a new one going, with unlimited slots. :D
Yeah, is not a posse cut without ShinobiFist man! :)

JEKKI

KlockreN said:
Can someone please recommend me some good hiphop documentaries?
The only one i've watched so far is 'beef'.
I have already mentioned it before,

but Style Wars is imo not only the best hiphop documentary, but also my favorite movie period.

If you have listened to Black Star's album, the little audio tidbit that plays before Respiration was taken from this movie.

also Planet Bboy is a real entertaining documentary.

So I've had J. Cole's FNL on repeat for a good minute. But is it just me, or does dude remind you of Tupac? His subject matter and flow are almost a carbon copy. Hes just not THUG LIFE 4 EVER like Pac was.

HiResDes

Pinko Marx said:
So I've had J. Cole's FNL on repeat for a good minute. But is it just me, or does dude remind you of Tupac? His subject matter and flow are almost a carbon copy. Hes just not THUG LIFE 4 EVER like Pac was.

Yeah people try to compare him to Nas, but he's not quite as out there poetically...I think you nailed it perfectly.

Edit: I tried to check out Redman's new mixtape Pancake & Syrup, but I just ended up busting this out again:

redman_docs_da_name_2000_1998_retail_cd-front.jpg

JEKKI

I dont think nobody here is really talking about this album, so Ima share it with yallz.

41akb5EqXVL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

7L & Esoteric - 1212

record is incredible. If u like underground stuff, definitely check it out.

sample: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88gtdR3U4KQ

other quick impressions of stuff Ive been listening to;

Skyzoo & Illmind - very surprising. I didnt know what to expect and I was very pleased, Illmind on the boards has definitely caught my attention now.

Celph Titled & Buckwild - I dont like it as much as I thought I would... I donno, I dont think Celph was the best emcee for the intents of this album. At least that's my opinion, the album is getting rave reviews everywhere. I still enjoy it, but I feel it coulda been much better in the hands of another emcee.

Kid Cudi - I dont really know who this guy is, and I was not a fan of Man On The Moon, but I really enjoy MOTM2. He reminds me of Buck 65, a real weird dood whose music half entertains me half is too weird for me. MOTM2 is definitely good music for me.

HiResDes

Bare Knuckle Boxing is ill from that Esoteric album, but I have to say my biggest problem with it is that the production begins to sound a little repetitive and bores me after a while.

I think the most underrated album of the year would have to be Versis' iLLCANDESCENT

Travelin'

sometime this weekend I'm gonna make a separate thread for GAF Is So Appalled. Make it a bit easier to track things. Any new GAF posse cuts could be proposed there as well :lol

The M.O.B

soul creator said:
sometime this weekend I'm gonna make a separate thread for GAF Is So Appalled. Make it a bit easier to track things. Any new GAF posse cuts could be proposed there as well :lol

You guys need to get on that Dark Fantasy Beat next.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TheOddOne said:
I was suprised that Just Blaze was so forward about Diddy.
Well he was one of the only people to speak up against Quincy Jones when Jones talked nonsense about Kanye. I respect Just Blaze as a whole, dude is really down to earth.

Also it seems like Jay Elec has just got a huge boost after getting signed if he's severing communications with lots of people.

Going through my old DJ Clue Mixtapes(When they were actually Mixtapes)And forgot how many classic gems those bad boys had, is crazy! I'm going to convert this cassettes into MP3's. Youtube already has the know gems. Here's one of my favorites.....

Mase, IMAN Thug, Cardan, NORE, Cam'ron and Tragedy-97 Freestyle
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_miy8LIgDkE

RJT

So I just found out Rapmetrics. Pretty dope website, focusing on statistical analysis of flows/rhymes. Do ya'll know MF Doom is the guys with the best rhymes/syllables ratio? He rhymes almost 50% of all syllables.

Posted in the wrong thread, but

I love GAF Hip Hop thread. I'll admit I don't listen to hip hop as much as I used to, but when other members post songs and artists I've never heard of it helps broaden my search for new music, like Childish Gambino, like Bitch, Look at me Now. First time I've ever heard of him, and I love his voice and music.

<3 yall.

EDIT-whoa. C.M. went to Tisch? No wonder he's so good. And I just realized he plays on Community, though I hardly watch the show. :lol

exarkun

So I just got Lloyd Banks' new album and I gotta say...HES HUNGRY AGAIN.

As funny as that sounds, its true. This is the Banks that I really fucking enjoyed on his first album. Obviously he talks about excess a little more, but its back to the grimey and coming back to the game. And so much Kanye/Pusha T collab, love that shit.

Father Time is...great. Makes me want to go out and get on my grind. Another thing I appreciated about Banks was the first CD kept the collabs to hooks unless the other spit da hot fiyah. He did the same here. Guilty please of the year right here.

And Ski Beatz does some awesome shit. Him and currency = money.

RJT said:
So I just found out Rapmetrics. Pretty dope website, focusing on statistical analysis of flows/rhymes. Do ya'll know MF Doom is the guys with the best rhymes/syllables ratio? He rhymes almost 50% of all syllables.

first there was sales-age, now it's syllable-age :lol

I dig the site though. I always like nerding out over stuff like this

Tokubetsu said:

Do you see your work as a critique of white America?
Suri: I think it is solely a critique of John Boehner. As our bandmate Ashok Kondabolu would say, John Boehner represents the utmost in white demonry.

self avatar quote

RPS37

Sick. Now we're only waiting on my verse and Fixed2Broken's mega-verse. Imma hop in the booth right now.

enzo_gt said:
Spin you sound like Yung Humma :lol

:lol

the funny thing is, when I rap with my friends -- the only time I do rap, it's usually for fun and not serious at all. I must have recorded 1000x times because my voice sounded like I was just playing around like when I do with my friends ... and I tried my best to sound like I wasn't and I still sounded like I was joking. :lol The lyrics didn't help either. I guess I should try to rap "seriously" more often.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
spindashing said:
:lol

the funny thing is, when I rap with my friends -- the only time I do rap, it's usually for fun and not serious at all. I must have recorded 1000x times because my voice sounded like I was just playing around like when I do with my friends ... and I tried my best to sound like I wasn't and I still sounded like I was joking. :lol The lyrics didn't help either. I guess I should try to rap "seriously" more often.
hey man I'd download TAPEMASTERS INC. PRESENTS: JUSTICE LEAGUE WITH SPINDASHING. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom