• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
shadowcomplex said:
i know it sounds stupid but me and enzo have a similar taste when it comes to music.:lol i think thats about the only thing we can agree on =S

you and enzo are the only people i listen to when it comes to music.
inB4 toku kills you.

If there's anything I'll cosign recently that GAF has been on about, it's Mood Muzik 4.

And MBDTF.

HiResDes said:
Naw man, I didn't mean any disrespect by it. I like you as much as any guy can like another guy that he only knows through an internet forum. I was just commenting on the hilarity of the situation.
None taken, just keep posting those mixtapes ;)

RJT

HiResDes said:
I like how there are ten other dudes telling you the album is great, yet Enzo's opinion seems to be the only way that can sway you...:lol
Eleven. Death is silent is fucking amazing. That, MBDTF and The Roots = best year in hiphop since... maybe 2004. Probably 96.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
enzo_gt said:
inB4 toku kills you.

If there's anything I'll cosign recently that GAF has been on about, it's Mood Muzik 4.

And MBDTF.

None taken, just keep posting those mixtapes ;)
Common you know I love every gaffer. Not matter how much they may hate me back :D

Does Childish Gambino have a site where you can DL his music for free, or at least I thought I read something here he lets you DL free. I'm going through YT listening to his music, and I like a lot of them, especially the song "Both Hands". I just fear a lot of his music aren't on cds or commercially sold at stores.

HiResDes

Jason's Ultimatum said:
Does Childish Gambino have a site where you can DL his music for free, or at least I thought I read something here he lets you DL free. I'm going through YT listening to his music, and I like a lot of them, especially the song "Both Hands". I just fear a lot of his music aren't on cds or commercially sold at stores.
It isn't in stores, they're called mixtapes, everyone's doing it right now. Donald Glover is a decent rapper, with some very clever wordplay at times. However, often times I think he's be better served utilizing that time to write some sort of sketch comedy show, although let him stay the fuck away from standup comedy as his shtick is entirely too close to mine.

Jason's Ultimatum said:

http://www.childishgambino.blogspot.com/ and http://soundcloud.com/childish-gambino he posts most of his stuff for free on his blog. the soundcloud most of the songs you can download but some you can only stream

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
The M.O.B said:
Asian version of Wiz's "Black And Yellow"

:lol :lol I can't tell if it is supposed to be a parody or what.

I was driving along the other day listening to Crooked i's version of black and yellow and decided if I make a version its going to be "Black And Decker"

Need a power tool for any home project, black and decker black and decker black and decker black and decker
Fuck that craftsman shit its not even a contest, black and decker black and decker black and decker black and decker

CRS

siddx said:
I was driving along the other day listening to Crooked i's version of black and yellow and decided if I make a version its going to be "Black And Decker"

Need a power tool for any home project, black and decker black and decker black and decker black and decker
Fuck that craftsman shit its not even a contest, black and decker black and decker black and decker black and decker
:lol :lol :lol

The M.O.B

peterb0y said:
no one's hyped for No Genre? Its about to drop

Apparently some of the songs are throwaways from his album, that might throw some people off.

Personally, if this is anything as good as B.o.B Vs Bobby Ray, its gonna be amazing.

Beast Mode is dope, lets hope the rest follows suit.

PBY

Banned
The M.O.B said:
Apparently some of the songs are throwaways from his album, that might throw some people off.

Personally, if this is anything as good as B.o.B Vs Bobby Ray, its gonna be amazing.

Beast Mode is dope, lets hope the rest follows suit.
The track list came out a few days ago, there are a few old tracks/remixes, but I'm still pumped. What does piss me off are website countdowns that don't mean anything (see J. Cole's FNL)- the counter is all the way down, but no mixtape- I guess it just used my computers clock... bleh

edit: from his twitter-

" I know its 12 am....but the mixtape has to become a trending topic before it gets released! December 7th!!!!!!! "

COME ON MAN

The M.O.B

B.O.B - The Watchers

Mixtape Cover

4c9e49844372b7f2be6ad438d4f421e0.jpg

Edit: Fixed

siddx

Anyone pick up the Copywrite - The Life And Times Of Peter Nelsonalbum? Is it any good?

Also how'd I miss this

MMG011CD.jpg

It is incredible. Production, lyrics, everything is top notch. This is some old school new york dark grimey sounding shit. Mobb deep, wu tang, onyx era shit.

siddx said:
MMG011CD.jpg

It is incredible. Production, lyrics, everything is top notch. This is some old school new york dark grimey sounding shit. Mobb deep, wu tang, onyx era shit.

Indeed. Detroit hip hop had a great year.

PBY

Banned
The M.O.B said:
I don't see it :(

EDIT: Nvm its up now.

Edit2: It is getting hammered as expected.
yah my dl took a while

its pretty good, there are some nice tracks on it; just don't expect it to be him going in like he did on beast mode on all the tracks

siddx

peterb0y said:
yah my dl took a while

its pretty good, there are some nice tracks on it; just don't expect it to be him going in like he did on beast mode on all the tracks

only had time for a quick once over before i head to bed but I really like it so far. Can't wait to give a better listen.

PBY

Banned
listening to No genre reinforces the fact that Jim Jonsin is SO FUCKING OVERRATED as a producer. Seriously, he sucks- all of his beats sound the same, and they all blow

peterb0y said:
listening to No genre reinforces the fact that Jim Jonsin is SO FUCKING OVERRATED as a producer. Seriously, he sucks- all of his beats sound the same, and they all blow
at least it wasn't some generic rock beat this time....right?

right?

But yeah you gotta good point

PBY

Banned
Knux-Future said:
at least it wasn't some generic rock beat this time....right?

right?

But yeah you gotta good point
for sure; right now its the only track im not feeling on the tape- the rest is pretty damn good

Just got done with No Genre. ( currently listening to I'm Beaming Remix...Roth fucking killed it...like WTF?!?!?) and it's pretty good. The quincy Jones track ( Dro has to be my guilty pleasure rapper), Higher, Beast Mode, The Watchers, How u do that, Batman and Dr Aden are fire.

So so is well.....so so. The first T.I songs are pretty uninspired and I can't believe he tried to "redo" Cold as Ice...no B.o.b just no. Anything I didn't mention is just meh.

Pretty Good but then again I liked his Album and a lot of people didn't.

siddx said:

:lol

siddx said:
Anyone pick up the Copywrite - The Life And Times Of Peter Nelsonalbum? Is it any good?
I did a few weeks ago and even posted about it a few pages back. If you like the new Conway West album, your going to hate this album from Copywrite. You may like three magical tracks in the album, but the rest of the album is filled with Boom-Bap tracks. I'm not a fan of magical tracks at all, is too random like Tekken. I suggest you give the new Homeboy Sandman album a spin, the album is FILL3D with Magical tracks and rhymes as well.

HiResDes

Jason's Ultimatum said:
So the songs are more like Beast Mode, because that song has been playing constantly on my ipod.

If I had to take a wild guess, no. If they were then people wouldn't be saying it's mediocre.

siddx said:
Also how'd I miss this

MMG011CD.jpg

OMG DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPE

HiResDes

Yeah I'll definitely co-sign that album too, very dope.

Also Start It Up, BANGS SO FUCKING HARD...I'm going ape here in my apartment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom