• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

DominoKid

HiResDes said:
:lol ...I think I was in a bad mood when I posted that or something

Anyway, New Dope Tracks Released Over Past Week Or So.

Curren$y - Daze of Thunder (Dude only did 5K, and already got new shit

i thought he did 18K.

anyway nobody working harder than him at the moment.

mixtape soon, Muscle Car Chronicles also soon, Pilot Talk 3 dropping around April.

exarkun

You guys listening to the BOB mixtape? I've listened to the first four songs and fuuuuuck he's going hard. Much more like when TI first found him and he had a spot on the second to last mixtape before TI went to jail (three years ago?). But fuck yea. No Genre? Definitely.

exarkun said:
You guys listening to the BOB mixtape? I've listened to the first four songs and fuuuuuck he's going hard. Much more like when TI first found him and he had a spot on the second to last mixtape before he went to jail (three years ago?). But fuck yea. No Genre? Definitely.
Fuck B.O.B! Fuck CONWAY WEST! FUCK BLU! Stop looping the same corn balls for Christ sake in this thread! Click previous page to see all the cock sucking on that mixtape. FUCK!
*I'm drunk BTW, nothing to do with you*

exarkun

ShinobiFist said:
Fuck B.O.B! Fuck COMWAY WEST! FUCK BLU! Stop looping the same corn balls for Christ sake in this thread! Click previous page to see all the cock sucking on that mixtape. FUCK!
*I'm drunk BTW, nothing to do with you*

Fine.

Zro's single that has been out for months:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYjpXOzCmyE

Best, coldest, realist, hardest single to come out in a long time. Listen to that. Humbles you.

Nabs

I can't wait for that G-Side album. It's going to be great.

Glad to hear Z-Ro back, I hope he gets decent production this time.

CRS

Lupe Fiasco AND John Legend? Yes please. I know it's old but I find the breakdown/analysis of songs like this interesting.

Jerry Wonda breaks down Lupe's newest single, Never Forget You, with NPR. Link

HiResDes said:
Yeah yeah dude we know about Skyzoo....

Monsters-Inc-Start.gif

HiResDes

exarkun said:
You guys listening to the BOB mixtape? I've listened to the first four songs and fuuuuuck he's going hard. Much more like when TI first found him and he had a spot on the second to last mixtape before TI went to jail (three years ago?). But fuck yea. No Genre? Definitely.
I thought it was mediocre, but it has like five bangers IMO.

Edit: And I do mean to apologize AA, Skyzoo & Illmind's album is near immaculate boom bap shit...It definitely doesn't hurt to have him mentioned more in this thread.

GD I can't stop listening to this song:

I do not talk, I am just a rapper

Stompin' on these niggas like a whack-a-mole with no hands
Get girls on the floor like slow jams
Fuck yeah, I'm feelin' myself, no lotion
My light shine bright, no roaches
Nigga, I'm focused
You the one who eyes wrong
Only time I'm worried is when I'm the no-fly zone
'Cause I'm so fly, homes
Fresh like pinecones
Female phone book my iPhone
Margarita bright, meanin' limelight
Nerd girls losin' their shit like prom night
Mouth like a pussy � it can never be too tight
Let me guess, you know a better rapper � you, right?

Bam-B
Sicker than your grandma
Pass the mix-tape to a friend like Chandler
This track is gettin' over written
Sports night, Fanta
Tell 'em that you know me when you runnin' through Atlanta
I am at the top
Whether you want or not
And I am in my prime
I am an autobot
I do not talk a lot
I am just a rapper
Fuck a girl's pussy bright red like snapper

Sick

Yeah, I stay fly like a pelican
Get new kicks everyday like an ottoman
Ex-girlfriends askin' if they get a shot again
I try to call 'em back but there's a lot of them
Someone tell me why these muthafuckers busy hatin' me
Just because I'm rappin' and my style is kinda Japanese
Band of outsiders
Kitsune, APC
Macy's got shit on me

Fuck what you heard like a dick inside alarm clock
I ain't got no jewelry, I leave it at the pawn shop
Two of your chains equals one of my shirts, sir
You got Jacob's Jeweler, I got Anna Wintour
Niggas jealous cause I got more green than seven splinters
I'd rather spend that money on a polo from La Tigra
Young, smart, and handsome
Who could even ask for more?
I change the situation like auditioning for Jersey Shore

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
exarkun said:

I need to check it out. "Bet I Bust" is still my favorite song from him.

I need to check out alot of stuff actually. Been too busy with work to dl and listen to much.

I have a autoplaylist on iTunes/iPhone that gives me my "Hot 10" songs at the moment fully based on plays.

1. The Joy - Kanye West (feat. Pete Rock and Jay-Z)
2. Feds in Town - UGK
3. Swisha and Dosha - UGK
4. That's Right - Girl Talk
5. Fly Lady - Pimp C
6. Bet I Bust - B.O.B (feat. TI & Playboy)
7. Electric Feel (Justice Remix) - MGMT
8. Dream Big - Outlawz
9. Coming From (feat. J-Dawg and Big KRIT) - Slim Thug
10. Tha Thug Show - Slim Thug

Can you tell I live in Houston? lol

Tokubetsu said:
I love how modern music videos are nothing but ads for name brand vodka and beats by dre headphones. This video would have been dope if it was still 2003.
Can't get rid of those piano loops Dre, huh? Bullet time, I how much I miss you. Club Banger 101, yawn. We need Lil Jon back, fo real.

Tokubetsu

ShinobiFist said:
Can't get rid of those piano loops Dre, huh? Bullet time, I how much I miss you. Club Banger 101, yawn. We need Lil Jon back, fo real.

Jon's busy getting that eurodance/techno production money.

Acid08

Banned
Anyone got suggestions for some angry political hip hop? I already have a bunch of Dead Prez and P.O.S. but I want MOOOOORE. I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF IT.

HiResDes

Acid08 said:
Anyone got suggestions for some angry political hip hop? I already have a bunch of Dead Prez and P.O.S. but I want MOOOOORE. I CAN'T GET ENOUGH OF IT.

1.Immortal Tecnnique
2.Public Enemy
3.KRS-One
4. The Roots
5. Brother Ali
6. Rass Kass
7. Jedi Mind Tricks
8. Killah Priest
9. Big Daddy Kane
10.Shabazz Palaces

HiResDes said:
http://cdn.nahright.com/news/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Eli-Porter-U-Dont-Like-Me-nahright-450x448.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol WHAT the FUCK.

By the way those Chip tha Rip and Crooked I tracks you posted were dope.

ThePrivateCookie said:
:lol wow what duche banks sold more than most of the artist you guys hype in here and he's a INDEPENDENT artist now, all the money came from 50 cent and he did pretty good considered the label undershipped him and his album is still soldout, if you don't believe go to major retailer and go ask for his album, chances are they don't have it. Why would you bring up sales anyway? 50 Cent alone shits on your favorite artist sales wise if it's not Nelly or Eminem :lol .

as for G-Unit being irrelevant lmao :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol 50 has Two Smash singles out righ now that keep rising on the charts, and one that has yet to be released to radio. 50 Cent is far from irrelevant somebody who is irrelevant doesn't generate interest and doesn't get over 2 million views on a music video in one day :lol

Mann (Feat. 50 Cent) - Buzzing/ Total Views: 2,631,370
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhaVqM1196agFlE916
Rhythmic Radio Chart
d2k44ffnk3n4928ff282ennref.png

Two 50 Singles there although he isn't listed on "Buzzin" he is on the song.
Urban Radio
s8f23fen2ffsk898dn92s34es2.png

As for Kanye and Nicki? i only said she has a chance to outsell kanye I didn't say she would troll, and as things stand she still might kanye had a HUGE drop off the second week and he doesn't have any singles thats connecting with the people right now. but who knows he might crawl to platinum.

Two "smash" features nowhere on the hot 100, yea :lol

Banks flopped by 50's standards, admit it. Or did you conviently forget him shitting on independent deals back when he was sort of relevant.

effzee

PhoenixDark said:
Two "smash" features nowhere on the hot 100, yea :lol

Banks flopped by 50's standards, admit it. Or did you conviently forget him shitting on independent deals back when he was sort of relevant.

Well it sucks that Banks can't break through because he is the only talented dude in that whole group. And not just talented, really talented.

Oh well 50 won't be relevant again till he starts making good music which he seems to not be hungry for. GRODT was awesome but ever since then its just been gimmick beefs and less than stellar music.

Tokubetsu

Dreams-Visions said:
fam, whatever happened to:

-Dilated Peoples

-Fort Minor

?

Rakaa released a solo album this year, Evidence released an AMAZING solo record in 07, signed to Rhymesayers this year and his sophmore album drops early next year and Dj Babu was doing shows in Europe and travelling a bit ago but I believe he dropped a beat tape this year as well. Mike Shinoda did that new Linkin Park album this year so he's probably gonna be touring for awhile.

kamspy

Yo Des, are you talking about Home Street Home? If so, yeah, it's pretty gangster. Probably the best thing he's released since Black Bossalini.

But it still isn't this:

BOW TO THE MOTHERFUCKING GOD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuEMSvhcGwA

"I'MA CHUCK A DEAD BODY ON YA MOTHER FUCKIN LAWN!"

people don't write lyrics like that today mayne.

Tokubetsu said:
Rakaa released a solo album this year, Evidence released an AMAZING solo record in 07, signed to Rhymesayers this year and his sophmore album drops early next year and Dj Babu was doing shows in Europe and travelling a bit ago but I believe he dropped a beat tape this year as well. Mike Shinoda did that new Linkin Park album this year so he's probably gonna be touring for awhile.
word.

I did get that Weatherman LP. I just...I really liked them as groups. I guess I'll add them to the pile of all the dead groups I really miss now:

-Dilated Peoples
-Fort Minor
-Outkast
-Little Brother
-The Fugees
-Goodie MoB
-Slum Village

At least we still have Wu and The Roots, right? :-(

DominoKid

*watching this VH1 Storytellers for T.I.*

you know as good as his career has been it really should've been so much more. he's just a damn idiot though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom