• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.
3507063679-1.jpg

Anyone heard of Cadence - Matt Elam? I found this album a few days ago & the guy has flow. You can sample he's whole album here, also dude's from Nashville. Best unknown album I've been listening to in ages.

HiResDes

Man there is too much dope shit coming out, Rapsody's mixtape/album might be my second favorite femcee album released this year.

The M.O.B

I'm highly recommending B.o.B's "No Genre" mixtape, very dope stuff and does not sound much like his album.

It is right up there with his other mixtapes.

The M.O.B said:
I'm highly recommending B.o.B's "No Genre" mixtape, very dope stuff and does not sound much like his album.

I'm downloading it right now. B.o.B fan here. I even tolerated the album. :D

Slizz

The M.O.B said:

He's like Cudi(or how Cudi used to be, not many mixtapes lately). They release the real rapping type stuff on mixtapes then make the somewhat commercial album and I have nothing against it cause I get free music from them doing that.

Barney

Neo Member
The M.O.B said:

Go and get the mixtape right now. Do it people.

The Watchers is my favorite so far. B.o.B did a great job here.

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Knux-Future said:
The first T.I track is totally a throw away from No Mercy. Seriously it's kinda obvious.

edit: Shiiiieeeeet both of them are

Lost was suppose to be on Adventures Of..but the sample didn't get cleared in time. Coldplay doesn't like to be sampled for some reason.

and yes, the other track was suppose to be on TI's "King Unleashed"..but after TI got that E charge, he trashed the whole album except 2 tracks which made "No Mercy". So somewhere in Atlanta it's 10 TI tracks you probably won't hear for at least another year...unless Drama puts them out.

HiResDes

Thanks for actually getting my hyped for No Genre, only to be greatly disappointed assholes. ...It has like five bumpable songs IMO.

*Goes back to listening all the other shit that came out yesterday*

Edit: The Blacksmith tape/compilation is incredible

Edit: New G-Side, Gilbert Forte, Jay Electronica, and Spice 1 are all bangers too :D

tweeeet.png

He said in an interview that Lasers is hot and that he thinks it will be enough for people. So no mixtape before the tape.

I'm one of the biggest Lupe stans ever around here, and you know what? I kind of don't want his album to sell well at all so he can fall on his ass and realize where he is now. I mean, overconfidence is good in a sense -- if he'll put his ALL into his music, but if he's just cocky like that and no good music comes ... =(

Edit: Me love that Butter Knives track. :D

CRS

I'm more excited for F&L II right now but excitement is building for Lasers after I saw the acappelas he did for the next single and the intro.

PhoenixDark said:
Lol

Btw any comment on Nikki Minaj not outselling Kanye, Banks flopping and G Unit being irrelevant?

:lol wow what duche banks sold more than most of the artist you guys hype in here and he's a INDEPENDENT artist now, all the money came from 50 cent and he did pretty good considered the label undershipped him and his album is still soldout, if you don't believe go to major retailer and go ask for his album, chances are they don't have it. Why would you bring up sales anyway? 50 Cent alone shits on your favorite artist sales wise if it's not Nelly or Eminem :lol .

as for G-Unit being irrelevant lmao :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol 50 has Two Smash singles out righ now that keep rising on the charts, and one that has yet to be released to radio. 50 Cent is far from irrelevant somebody who is irrelevant doesn't generate interest and doesn't get over 2 million views on a music video in one day :lol

Mann (Feat. 50 Cent) - Buzzing/ Total Views: 2,631,370
http://www.worldstarhiphop.com/videos/video.php?v=wshhaVqM1196agFlE916
Rhythmic Radio Chart
d2k44ffnk3n4928ff282ennref.png

Two 50 Singles there although he isn't listed on "Buzzin" he is on the song.
Urban Radio
s8f23fen2ffsk898dn92s34es2.png

As for Kanye and Nicki? i only said she has a chance to outsell kanye I didn't say she would troll, and as things stand she still might kanye had a HUGE drop off the second week and he doesn't have any singles thats connecting with the people right now. but who knows he might crawl to platinum.

Bishman

HiResDes said:
Death is Silent + Niggaz With Latitude > MBDF
Death is Silent is a sleeper. I recently found out about the album. It's a real good album but I wouldn't say its better than MBDF.

I know that Skyzoo has been mentioned in similar threads, and I think even this one.

But I cannot stress enough that if Skyzoo came to be in like 1994 -many people would declare him to be one the top 5 most talented rappers ever. I am 34, and have been listening to rap since I was 12-13 years old.

Right now, he'd kind of an underground thing, gaining momentum, but the remix he did of "Speakers on Blast" with Lloyd Banks is just...

...from another planet.
So is the original (same beat, more Skyzoo verses)

The remix:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JDSnM0o_9DE

The video from the original song:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ffryyLUX4Ws

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom