• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
kamspy said:
pBIT1.jpg

Juicy J x Lex Lugar mixtape
anygood?

kamspy

shadowcomplex said:

Meh. It's good car music. I just like the Lex beats. Juicy J has lost a step or two. Some songs still catch a flicker of that old 3-6 magic, but there's a lot of filler. Well worth $0 though.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
kamspy said:
Meh. It's good car music. I just like the Lex beats. Juicy J has lost a step or two. Some songs still catch a flicker of that old 3-6 magic, but there's a lot of filler. Well worth $0 though.
:lol what do i have to lose then. also thanks for the input

HiResDes

Finally copped Rakaa's Crown of Thorns and it seems all of the love was well deserved :D
I think I've listened to every quality hip-hop/rap album to have been released this year now.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
HiResDes said:
Finally copped Rakaa's Crown of Thorns and it seems all of the love was well deserved :D
I think I've listened to every quality hip-hop/rap album to have been released this year now.
there should be an real life achievement for that, something like "above the norm"

IrishNinja

kamspy said:
WU TANG Tour:

The whole Wu. Including Cappadonna. No Killarmy Sunz of Man filler. Maybe Gravediggaz as an opener. O_O

id be there, so hard.

Yay Area Thunder Chunk Tour:

E-40, The Click, Spice 1, Celly Cell, Too Short, Mac Mall, The Luniz, Dru Down, Richie Rich

yikes, theres only a few names id wanna see here...@ the bay area thing, spent some time out there, wanted to see if i was the only one who felt this way about that scene: ok, E40, never got into dude's flow but i get that some of his lingo has caught on, hiero and the coup are both fun shit i can get into, but man, shit like hyphy and the other trends feel like a kid here on GAF trying to create/force a meme by repetition and insisting it's a meme. it's cool to love your scene and see it as a bastion of creativity, but i dont think the classics i adore from NY/chi-town etc are what they are because of viral efforts, you know? might just be me.

Oh, and effort. So many popular rappers are garbage on stage. Clipse comes to mind. They fucking scream the lyrics like Onyx or something.

quite true; last rock the bells i saw, Talib sounded nothing like himself, and Mos was great till they left him on stage too long (prolly trying to find the wu members) and he was high as fuck on his boring-ass black johnson shit :lol
fuck, i remember jay-z's hard knock tour years back - you had meth & red high as fuck soaring through the crowds on wires, DMX ripping his shirt off for uh, somebody, then jigga comes out and stands still, rapping monotone like he was thinking about whether or not he left the oven on or some shit. it was awful, shame to hear Clipse dont carry well either - i cant say ive seen a lotta hip hop live that i liked nearly as much as just chilling & listening to, personally.

Koroshi said:
Where the fuck is your R&B mixtape, Drake? I'm getting impatient.

HiResDes said:
I think I just vomited a little bit inside.

:lol :lol
i love you, res

Baby Milo said:
whattheeeeeeeefuck?

What's the problem here? I thought Fishscale was generally put in the top 3 of Ghost's discography along with Ironman, and Supreme Clientele. I don't see a problem in someone thinking Fishscale is his best.

IrishNinja

Net_Wrecker said:
What's the problem here? I though Fishscale was generally put in the top 3 of Ghost's discography along with Ironman, and Supreme Clientele. I don't see a problem in someone thinking Fishscale is his best.

+1, really great album. i dug Pretty Toney too but not as much, though "holla" rates high in my book - rapping over the stylistics had me dying when i first heard it.:lol

hie

Net_Wrecker said:
What's the problem here? I though Fishscale was generally put in the top 3 of Ghost's discography along with Ironman, and Supreme Clientele. I don't see a problem in someone thinking Fishscale is his best.

Yup. Not sure of my top 3 order, but Fishscale is in there, most likely.

Tokubetsu

Koroshi said:
So Far Gone is his best mixtape/album out so far.

Is the avatar from that new katana shmup? Source? and didn't he say his R&B mixtape is kinda like a full album now and coming mid next year?

Tokubetsu said:
Is the avatar from that new katana shmup? Source? and didn't he say his R&B mixtape is kinda like a full album now and coming mid next year?
No, it's Anri Sonohara from Durarara!!

He said he's focusing on his raps because 40 showed him some beats that "blew him away". I also read that it's supposed to be released March of next year, but who knows?

I just need a new Drake track. He hasn't put anything out, not even a feature, since I Get Lonely Too.

effzee

soul creator said:
wait...is he performing a verse that he ghostwrote for Dre?

It sounds like a leak of Eminem explaining to Dre how he's supposed to spit :lol Though it's actually kinda cool hearing Eminem with a normal voice and not screaming or whatever

Yeah thats exactly what it was. Sucks that Eminem and Nas never made a track together for real.

PBY

Banned
I've been thinking about this for a while now: I really want a Kid Cudi dance/club album in the style of David Guetta's Memories, Day/Night etc. I think it would be an awesome changeup after MOTM2 (which I really liked), but space out the release before MOTM3.

DominoKid

peterb0y said:
I've been thinking about this for a while now: I really want a Kid Cudi dance/club album in the style of David Guetta's Memories, Day/Night etc. I think it would be an awesome changeup after MOTM2 (which I really liked), but space out the release before MOTM3.

i wouldnt mind hearing him do a straight rap-collabo album like The End and Ask About Me. i'm sure he can find someone to write some coherent bars for him if he's unable to.

peterb0y said:
I think Cudi was going to do an album like this called Cudder before the problems in his life came about and he decided to make MOTM2.

Maybe we'll get this type of album next. Less Cuddernese is good for me. =(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom