• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stat Flow said:
Two new Eminem songs in 2010 where he ISN'T yelling? How fucking refreshing.

That's because this one is old. and the other was him ghostrapping(??) for Dre.

Expect mor YELLING from now on until he finds a new way to rap that he will run into the ground

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Knux-Future said:
An Em/Dre/50/and JayZ song just leaked.

shit sucks balls.

50 has the best verse...like wtf man.

okay shit is old Stat Quo is on it....dude got dropped right?

Em was still on his Encore shit.

Link here:

http://usershare.net/i79v0d259h3b
Wtf that's the worst Jay-Z verse I've ever heard.

I was quite short of disgusted, then Em came in singing that hook after Dre's verse. FUCK. :lol

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Hootie said:
I liked Nas' part. Just wish it was longer
It seems like a lot of the people missed the original leak in this thread.

The hope for Detox: Topless ft. T.I. & Nas

T.I. and Nas both killed it.

Knux-Future said:
An Em/Dre/50/and JayZ song just leaked.

shit sucks balls.

50 has the best verse...like wtf man.

okay shit is old Stat Quo is on it....dude got dropped right?

Em was still on his Encore shit.

Link here:

http://usershare.net/i79v0d259h3b
Damn that is actually the most all-over-the-place Jay verse of all time.

Why would they cut a posse track over that beat?! I.. I want to like this.

K.Jack

It's still working for me.
enzo_gt said:
Damn that is actually the most all-over-the-place Jay verse of all time.

Why would they cut a posse track over that beat?! I.. I want to like this.
Dreams-Visions said:
I'm surprised someone didn't ask Jay to resubmit his verse.
Like no one wants to tell Jay-Z he spit a wack verse, no one wants to turn around and tell Dre he just put on a wack beat.

People have no balls, when it's comes to artists of their stature.

K.Jack said:
Like no one wants to tell Jay-Z he spit a wack verse, no one wants to turn around and tell Dre he just put on a wack beat.

People have no balls, when it's comes to artists of their stature.
Could you imagine being that person to tell Jay-Z that his verse is wack?

Jay-Z: "How you guys like those bars? It's pretty vulgar ain't it? HahahahaJay-Zlaugh."
Kanye: "That verse was very artistic, fam. It's leading the voice of our generation." *Smiles...then frowns.*
Eminem: "I like your verse but for some odd reason I'm REALLY FUCKING ANGRY."
T.I.: "Yo, I'm in jail, pahtnah, but that verse was slick."
Ross: "BAWSE. Nice lines, Jay."
K.Jack: "That verse was shit and y'all are too pussy to admit it."

And then your body parts were found all over the Marcy Projects.

spindashing said:
Could you imagine being that person to tell Jay-Z that his verse is wack?

Jay-Z: "How you guys like those bars? It's pretty vulgar ain't it? HahahahaJay-Zlaugh."
Kanye: "That verse was very artistic, fam. It's leading the voice of our generation." *Smiles...then frowns.*
Eminem: "I like your verse but for some odd reason I'm REALLY FUCKING ANGRY."
T.I.: "Yo, I'm in jail, pahtnah, but that verse was slick."
Ross: "BAWSE. Nice lines, Jay."
K.Jack: "That verse was shit and y'all are too pussy to admit it."

And then your body parts were found all over the Marcy Projects.

Motherfucker, that almost made me choke on Frosted Flakes.

:lol :lol :lol

tumblr_le5x4eM6mL1qdfabbo1_500.jpg

Hootie

....wow

Wu Tang Clan tore shit up beyond fucking recognition tonight...that was probably the best night of my life.

Method Man walked ON TOP OF THE CROWD and they held him up :lol

There really is nothing like Wu Tang, and there probably never will be anything like them after they're finished. I'm just glad I got to see them. They provide such a unique, classic, and simply awesome show that cannot be copied. Energy was at a maximum

Boy Jones did his father's parts verrrry well. He took his hood off and revealed the classic ODB hair which made the crowd go wild.

They played all of the classics and ended on an epic note. 10/10, 5 stars, 2 thumbs up, would do again and again.

I just hope they come to RI at least one more time. So yeah, that was the best $50 I've ever spent.

mooooose

Hootie said:
....wow

Wu Tang Clan tore shit up beyond fucking recognition tonight...that was probably the best night of my life.

There really is nothing like Wu Tang, and there probably never will be anything like them after they're finished. I'm just glad I got to see them. They provide such a unique, classic, and simply awesome show that cannot be copied. Energy was at a maximum

Boy Jones did his father's parts verrrry well. He took his hood off and revealed the classic ODB hair which made the crowd go wild.

They played all of the classics and ended on an epic note. 10/10, 5 stars, 2 thumbs up, would do again and again.

I just hope they come to RI at least one more time. So yeah, that was the best $50 I've ever spent.
Shit. Don't say that. I didn't get tickets to the NYC concert tomorrow...

shit.

K.Jack

Hootie said:
....wow

It's crazy that I had the same exact Wu experience, 10.5 years ago. The energy was so high that I can still feel it.

Wu-Tang truly is forever.

Devil Theory said:
Joell is good, I just can't stand his voice.
I have the same problem with Talib Kweli and MF DOOM/DOOM/Whatever he goes by these days. I know their good, and I love their lyrical skills but their voices throw me off.

exarkun said:
This thread moves a little too fast for me. Anyone else ever feel overwhelmed by the amount of music?

Yup. Its even worse because I'm pretty slow when it comes to listening to new music. Everyday a new mixtape, a new album I wanna listen to, I can't keep up. But I figure if the music is good enough, it'll find its way into my library eventually. If it doesn't, ah well.

Also I go through periods of not listening to hip-hop and exploring other genres. Or periods of not listening to new music at all and just sticking with some of my tried and true classics.

HiResDes

The quality mixtape ratio has slowed down a lot actually. I'm still listening to the new Skewby, ScienZe, and Remy Banks/Hannibal King. And they've been out for almost a whole week :lol

Edit: I was being sarcastic, I'm aware that a week isn't very long at all.

HiResDes

(CLICK ARTWORK FOR DOWNLOAD LINKS)

*(From Left To Right, Not in Ranking Order)*

Skewby - More or Less - At this point Skewy > XV. That's basically all you need to know. Skewby drops dope self-reflective lyrics over production reminiscent of heyday Little Brother tracks.

Tom Hardy - Secret of the Green Magic [NO DJ] - With the fun spontaneity of say an Asher Roth and the production of a new and improved 9th Wonder this mixtape is a classic whether it will be remembered as one or not.

Melo-X - More Merch
- There aren't many artists that sound like him. The beats he produces, and the rhymes he spits are unparalleled. He combines the best aspects of neo-soul, boom bap rap, and even at times electronics into one mesmerizing package

Remy Banks & Hannibal King - World Famous - Might feature the best laidback production of the year, rivaling even the vaunted Pilot Talks. Oh and Remy Banks of Children of the Night flows just as effortlessly as the aforementioned spitta.

Kris Kasanova - The Long Way Home - I don't think it would an exaggeration to say that this guy sounds like Blueprint/Black Album era Jay-Z and the production is also reminiscent of a Jay-Z joint...I mean this all in the best most dope way possible.

ScienZe - Hall Pass - This guy is basically the Blu of the East Coast, except he actually puts out tracks. So fucking poetical, featuring West Coast production, this is an ill laidback joint that is deep enough to play even if one is not getting blazed.

Rockie Fresh - The Otherside - Two-Thirds of this mixtape are immaculate, on some fantastic majestic type of shit. It's just a really well rounded album, featuring club worthy tracks, introspective joints, and a few laidback tracks as well...I just wish Rockie would focus on making a more cohesive album in the future.

Asher Roth & Nottz - RAWTH EP - This is like a match made in heaven, as Asher Roth manages (with the help of Nottz) to put out tracks on this EP that better every single track on his debut album. The production is quite varied, featuring boom bap shit, and some fairly experimental stuff. Asher is on his fun, clever mixtape-shit and the few guest features come correct as well.

HiResDes

Tokubetsu said:
No Rawth EP? Get out.
I forgot about it, jeez :lol Hmm...Maybe I'll replace the Rockie Fresh joint, this is tough. I want to have eight, so this can be my new gimmick.

Edit: Toku was your Rawth EP in 128kbps too? I think that's what kinda pissed me off about it.

Edit 2: Toku happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom