• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

vhfive

The M.O.B said:
.......I feel like I've heard that beat a billion times before, not impressed with weezy n dreezy.
I'm sick of young money in general (I especially hate weezy and nicki minaj)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
reKon said:
man Kanye pushing his album back will fuck with J Cole's release
Wait what? J. Cole and actually releasing the album? When it does eventually come out, its going to be very sad when he doesn't do numbers unless he truly has some sort of Airplanes-like hit on his hands as a second single. I'm amazingly doubtful.

But yeah I think Kanye intentionally delayed his release to be the same as CuDi's to make G.O.O.D. day happen. Even Cons keeps teasing in recent interviews something so inexplicably awesome (to him and G.O.O.D.) that they can't talk about it.

Been listening to GAF reccomendations, namely TSOL, Teflon Don, and How I Got Over. TSOL is as every bit as good as people say it is, truly a gem and such quality production in this package, its astounding. Good Name is my favourite song. Teflon Don is better than I expected, but still overhyped. Still lots of throwaway tracks, though Aston Martin Music, Audio Meth, Free Mason and Live Fast, Die Young are all good songs. And How I Got Over is extremely overrated for what it is. A lot of good tracks, such the ones featuring Blu and the singles especially (which are the best songs on the album), but GAF pumped it to be something that ascends everything else in quality, which it's not IMO. Then again, the only Roots song I really ever liked and heard was Don't Say Nuthin'.

Tokubetsu

enzo_gt said:
Wait what? J. Cole and actually releasing the album? When it does eventually come out, its going to be very sad when he doesn't do numbers unless he truly has some sort of Airplanes-like hit on his hands as a second single. I'm amazingly doubtful.

But yeah I think Kanye intentionally delayed his release to be the same as CuDi's to make G.O.O.D. day happen. Even Cons keeps teasing in recent interviews something so inexplicably awesome (to him and G.O.O.D.) that they can't talk about it.

Been listening to GAF reccomendations, namely TSOL, Teflon Don, and How I Got Over. TSOL is as every bit as good as people say it is, truly a gem and such quality production in this package, its astounding. Good Name is my favourite song. Teflon Don is better than I expected, but still overhyped. Still lots of throwaway tracks, though Aston Martin Music, Audio Meth, Free Mason and Live Fast, Die Young are all good songs. And How I Got Over is extremely overrated for what it is. A lot of good tracks, such the ones featuring Blu and the singles especially (which are the best songs on the album), but GAF pumped it to be something that ascends everything else in quality, which it's not IMO. Then again, the only Roots song I really ever liked and heard was Don't Say Nuthin'.

Doesn't matter if J. Cole's album is there day one. All that matters is Imma be there day one.

Tokubetsu

JEKKI said:
well, there's a book often referenced by rappers all the time,

Behold a Pale Horse by William Cooper.

I own it but never read it... maybe it will answer some questions and give u insight??

Added to my massive "Book" wishlist on Amazon :lol. Kinda wish I had seen this earlier. I just bought "Book of Five Rings" and "Existentialism from Dostoevsky to Sartre."

njean777

the new wale mixtape is great, this is probably the best quality mixtape i have ever heard. Sounds like a damn lp imo.

MMaRsu

Tokubetsu said:
You go buy the album.

Yeah well if I had money to spare I would. I might buy it later tho if it's really as good as you say it is.

It's not like I don't want to support good artists, I'm just broke as fuck. And in my ass in debt.

00-kent_money-becoming-front-2010-500x500.jpg

This is decent.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vFMKCYQGJc&feature=related
Download

Tokubetsu

MMaRsu said:
Yeah well if I had money to spare I would. I might buy it later tho if it's really as good as you say it is.

It's not like I don't want to support good artists, I'm just broke as fuck. And in my ass in debt.

No excuses.

HiResDes said:
Hahaha all is forgiven then...Am getting this now! Man I'm spending a lot on Amazon right now, just so I don't feel bad about stealing shit.

Not to mention their 50 Rap albums for $5 for the month of August:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1270981262&pf_rd_i=163856011

Tokubetsu

Way You Lie video

So many better songs on the album he could have used for a single why'd he pick this one?
I will say though, Em's songs are typically much better with visuals :lol
And I'll admit to being a huge Eminem fan

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Tokubetsu said:
Way You Lie video

So many better songs on the album he could have used for a single why'd he pick this one?

Because it's been the number one track on iTunes since it dropped.

MMaRsu

Tokubetsu said:
Way You Lie video

Hate that fucking song

HiResDes

Though some of the tracks were kinda old, the new shit on here is quite impressive:

GGWEBCOVER.jpg
COVERBACK600.jpg

DL LINK

- Don't worry about Drama he doesn't scream as much as he usually does on this.

...And good looking on whoever posted this: (I feel like it was either J. Sosa or Slizza)

thevictorylap.jpg

01. Bohagon - Intro Shit Talk (0:15)
02. Bohagon - Back Like I Left Something (2:28)
03. Bohagon - Ear To The Streets [Prod. By C State] (4:06)
04. Bohagon Feat. G2 Shawty - Rock N Rolla [Prod. By Big K.R.I.T.] (2:29)
05. Bohagon - Got My Attention [Prod. By Cano] (3:44)
06. Bohagon Feat. Tasha Denae & Phyzikal - On Top Of The World [Prod. By C State] (5
07. Bohagon - True G [Prod. By Nasty] (4:37)
08. Bohagon Feat. Phyzikal - Pimpin' Like That [Prod. By C State] (3:02)
09. Bohagon Feat. Young Thug & Phyzikal - Gangsta Girl [Prod. By Logan] (4:00)
10. Bohagon - Hoodrich Shout Outs (0:15)
11. Bohagon Feat. Korleon & Skinny - Banana (5:12)
12. Bohagon Feat. Baby D & Korleon - Play 2 Win (4:55)
13. Bohagon Feat. Tasha Denae & Phyzikal - On Everything [Prod. By Joey] (4:02)
14. Bohagon Feat. Big K.R.I.T. & Korleon - Mayday [Prod. By Juice] (4:08)
15. Bohagon Feat. Poobaby & Korleon - F*ck What A Hata Think [Prod. By Circle Stacks]
16. Bohagon Feat. Young Buck - Rep Ur Hood (3:37)
17. Bohagon Feat. Gala Rebelz - Patiently Waiting [Prod. By C State] (4:29)
18. Bohagon Feat. Drumma Boy - Go Blind [Prod. By Drumma Boy] (2:59)
19. Bohagon - Mic Pimpin' [Prod. By Heartbeatz] (3:09)

DL LINK

Definitely some dirty south goodness. Goes hard with some tens in the back.

Edit: Oh yeah and I'm also enjoying the hell out of the Gibbs EP and of course the new Dizza but that's not really news.

Acid08

Banned
So I'm in the mood for some really hard aggressive hip hop, but I have no idea what I should look for. Any suggestions would be awesome :), doesn't matter if it's mainstream or not(prefer not in a way).

Here's what I usually listen to: Wu-Tang Clan, Slaughterhouse, Kid Cudi, Kanye, Beastie Boys, Black Star/Mos Def, Jay-Z, Geto Boys, A Tribe Called Quest, MF Doom/Madvillain/Vaudville Villain, Nas, PUTS, and The Roots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom