• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

HiResDes said:
New Jeezy and you ask if I care...Fuck yea! About to listen to it after I listen to this J.Cole cut.

Edit: Damn all reused (overused) beats, and Mickey Factz' Powder > > Jeezy's Powder

Lol you know I was waiting for you to listen before I gave my thoughts on the tape, needless to say opinions are shared.

DominoKid

Slizz said:
If you care:

20100809-JEEZY.jpg

DL

damn this tape is lazy as fuck.

RPS37

I wasn't overly impressed after my first time hearing The Blow Up like yalls. But he did say "She dropped it lower than my credit score" I'll see if I think it's totally awesome after I listen to it ten more times.

HiResDes

RPS37 said:
I wasn't overly impressed after my first time hearing The Blow Up like yalls. But he did say "She dropped it lower than my credit score" I'll see if I think it's totally awesome after I listen to it ten more times.
It's pretty fucking good, but Premeditated Murder > > Blow Up

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
K.Jack said:
Yeah, it's sad.

Rassassination was my favorite album for the longest, then I found out about Soul On Ice. Holy Shit.

I still rate Ras as top 10, lyrically.

You found out about him in that order? Soul on Ice is a f'n classic. For a dude that just keeps messing up his life, his ego is still gigantic.

dskillzhtown

missbreedsiddx said:
Any Dogg Pound fans out there? Some Chronic throwback shit here, I'm feeling it.

Dogg Pound - I fears no one

Nice. Sounds like old skool Dogg Pound. But lately Dogg Pound related projects have all had 2-3 good songs and the rest crap. But this is jammin right here.

TheOddOne said:

:lol Must be nice to have that kind of money to just fuck with people all day. 50 getting super rich has made him a very bored man.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
dskillzhtown said:
You found out about him in that order? Soul on Ice is a f'n classic. For a dude that just keeps messing up his life, his ego is still gigantic.
I grew up in NE Ohio, with no one to introduce me to the West's best artists, so I grew up on Bone Thugs, Wu, and Mobb Deep.

Back in '96, I saw the Ras Kass video 'Miami Life' from The Substitute soundtrack, and I fell in love with his flow. But I never followed up to learn more about him. Fast forward to '98, I was reintroduced to Ras by the Ghetto Fabulous video, with Dre, and saw him freestyle on Rap City. I went out and found Rasassination ASAP.

Got hip to Soul On Ice in 2000.

so I only really started listening to Rick Ross recently, and damn he has a hell of an ear for beats.

As an MC, eh, he's servicable, but this production is amazing :lol

Kimosabae

Banned
Wow, people are talking about Ras Kass without mention of 'Interview with the Vampire'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdnDYaU8-qE

IMO, his best work by far and one of the best rap songs ever made. If I made a personal top 3 best rap songs, this would probably be number one.

And I don't even like Ras Kass, generally. 'Nature of the Threat' and 'Interview' are seriously the only tracks I like from him that I've heard.

HiResDes

Kimosabae said:
Wow, people are talking about Ras Kass without mention of 'Interview with the Vampire'?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wdnDYaU8-qE

IMO, his best work by far and one of the best rap songs ever made. If I made a personal top 3 best rap songs, this would probably be number one.

And I don't even like Ras Kass, generally. 'Nature of the Threat' and 'Interview' are seriously the only tracks I like from him that I've heard.
I like all but two tracks on Soul on Ice, and one of them ironically is the title track...His fervent homophobic lyrics annoy the shit outta me sometimes though.

HiResDes

ChubbyHuggs said:
I usually don't listen to Hip Hop or Rap, but I got this album and it is fucking awesome.
It was released pretty much a year ago, but I don't know how many people have heard it.

b6843.jpg

Get You By

Bang Bang

Choose Your Side

Gun In Your Mouth
I think Ill Bill is rather Ill, but I just can't fuck with that album at all, shit sounds played out to me...Yelling and screaming doesn't automatically equal griminess in my opinion. Everyone else's flow is rather lackluster too.

Kimosabae

Banned
HiResDes said:
I like all but two tracks on Soul on Ice, and one of them ironically is the title track...His fervent homophobic lyrics annoy the shit outta me sometimes though.

Yeah, that's what turned me off him. He just comes across as an intolerant dude. 'Rise of the Machines' put me off Vinnie Paz, as well.

reKon

Banned
saw J Cole tonight. He's pretty tall in person (must be over 6'3 or something). Tried to tell him to come to my school later. Anyways, he played the blow up, which I had heard on 2dopeboyz 2 hours before I went to go see him :lol . I guess that production again answers any questions of whether he's a legit producer. Also, if these are all REALLY throw away tracks, that's pretty crazy...

he continues to be silent on these things so we don't even know if any of these are really throw aways.

reKon

Banned
You know what, I actually I think that the Blow Up is probably going to be an album track. Reason: this is way too hot and is pure cracckk mayynn

I'm still not sure about Premeditated Murder or Higher though..

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
reKon said:
saw J Cole tonight. He's pretty tall in person (must be over 6'3 or something).
IIRC he was going to play basketball before he decided he wanted a rap career. he was pretty good too.

Tokubetsu

JEKKI said:
man I love this album.

imo 2009 was a terrible year for hip hop,

but this record was like the year's ray of light for me

Fashawn's debut was 09. Along with P.O.S.'s Never Better. Wouldn't call it a shit year.

dskillzhtown

Jay Sosa said:
It seems Jeezy is going the 50 cent route and diss Officer Ricky to get some free publicity. What I don't understand is why ain't he just admitting that the song in question is aimed at Ross. It's not exactly subliminal or anything.

Should be a very lame beef since both odf them can't rap for shit.

Full article here:

Young Jeezy Says "Death Before Dishonor" Not Aimed At Rick Ross

It's more related to Big Meech who helped fund Jeezy early on/used Jeezy to launder drug money.

HiResDes

dskillzhtown said:
It's more related to Big Meech who helped fund Jeezy early on/used Jeezy to launder drug money.
The funny thing is that Rick Ross got the okay from Big Meech to make the song, who I believe actually liked the original version because it put his name out there. Ross' The Summas Mine should make things even more interesting, can't wait for the hilarious reply of an already needless beef.

Some new notable tracks for today

Twista - The Heat Ft. Raekwon

Curren$y - 4 Hours to 20 Minutes

dskillzhtown

HiResDes said:
The funny thing is that Rick Ross got the okay from Big Meech to make the song, who I believe actually liked the original version because it put his name out there. Ross' The Summas Mine should make things even more interesting, can't wait for the hilarious reply of an already needless beef.

Exactly. I guess Jeezy is now totally denying it was about Ross since Meech liked it. It is interesting when you pull back the screen and look at how connected some of these rappers are and how lyrics aren't sometimes fantasy. The entire BMF saga is interesting to me. I need to read that book about it.

BTW, has anyone heard the Bun B/Raekwon collab, "No Competition"?

K.Jack said:
I really do try to like him.... but I can't.

Beat is like a throwaway Kanye track too.

Beat is amazing wtf!

It's another "imma talk my shit" track from J Cole, but I hope it's on the album. I'm confident the subject matter will be quite varied

Kimosabae

Banned
HiResDes said:

Some new notable tracks for today

Twista - The Heat Ft. Raekwon

Curren$y - 4 Hours to 20 Minutes

That Twista track is so disgusting.

Dude reminds me of Percee P.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom