• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slizz

Haven't listened to this at all, but the picture on the website for the tape sold me:

somethingforyoutolistento.jpg

DL

Plus it's Three 6...

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Slizz said:
Haven't listened to this at all, but the picture on the website for the tape sold me:

http://www.mixtapetorrent.com/system/files/somethingforyoutolistento.jpg[IMG]

[URL="http://www.mixtapetorrent.com/hypnotize-minds-ent-presents-three-6-mafia-something-for-you-to-listen-to"]DL[/URL]

Plus it's Three 6...[/QUOTE]

:lol Eff a mixtape cover design!!! Take a cellphone pic!!!!!

I'll check it out tonight. Why in the hell did Crunchy Black leave the group?

Slizz

dskillzhtown said:
:lol Eff a mixtape cover design!!! Take a cellphone pic!!!!!

I'll check it out tonight. Why in the hell did Crunchy Black leave the group?

Money. Lots of rumors about it floating around out there.

HiResDes

Slizz said:

somethingforyoutolistento.jpg

DL

Plus it's Three 6...
YES YES YES! THANK YOU!

Edit: A few of the tracks were on Juicy J's last mixtape, but most of this shit is new and dope as fuck...This shit goes if you like the old Three 6 Mafia, listen to this shit!

Tokubetsu

Koroshi said:
Two albums to save one year? I don't think so.

Well not just two albums but those two were fucking phenomenal. We had two dope CunninLynguists records/mixtapes, UGK 4 Life, Mos Def's The Ecstatic, a dope solo from B-Real, Slaughterhouse, OB4CLII, Kid Cudi's album. Not to mention some more indie shit that I'm missing/can't remember right now.

EDIT: Yea, we had a fucking Brother Ali and Felt release in 09 too! I wouldn't call it an AMAZING year for hip hop but it was pretty fucking good.

In news, Pusha T is officially signed to G.O.O.D. Music

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Tokubetsu said:
Well not just two albums but those two were fucking phenomenal. We had two dope CunninLynguists records/mixtapes, UGK 4 Life, Mos Def's The Ecstatic, a dope solo from B-Real, Slaughterhouse, OB4CLII, Kid Cudi's album. Not to mention some more indie shit that I'm missing/can't remember right now.

EDIT: Yea, we had a fucking Brother Ali and Felt release in 09 too! I wouldn't call it an AMAZING year for hip hop but it was pretty fucking good.

In news, Pusha T is officially signed to G.O.O.D. Music

Mos Def's sucked, B-Real's sucked, Slaughterhouse's sucked, Cudi's sucked.
OB4CLII was alright, but I'm willing to admit that it just wasn't for me as everybody got wood for it.

2009 was the worst year of the decade for hip hop.

Pinko Marx said:
You mean Speakerboxxx or Idlewild didn't do that for you?
I dunno, that's just me, I've always been in Andre 3k's favor.

Actually? I've never listened to Idlewild. How does that album fare?

spindashing said:
I dunno, that's just me, I've always been in Andre 3k's favor.

Actually? I've never listened to Idlewild. How does that album fare?

Its alright. But still, Speakerboxxx was a great album. It might not stand up to The Love Below, but it definitely showed that Big Boi has what it takes. If I had to choose, I'd say Speakerboxx was the better album.

Nitsuj23

WanderingWind said:
OB4CLII was alright, but I'm willing to admit that it just wasn't for me as everybody got wood for it.

Fashawn's "Boy Meets World" says no.

loanshark0729

Neo Member
WanderingWind said:

Just no.

xrich

Banned
I'm still upset that there was no Power remix today, but this slightly makes up for it. Kanye and Mos Def? Yes please.

screenshot20100814at210.png

WanderingWind

Kimosabae said:
There ya go.

Seriously, you're ridiculous.

Well, no shit artard. Of course it's my opinion. Don't be stupid. Just because there was a smatter of decent albums (and Fashawn's was just decent) doesn't negate the fact that 2009 was the weakest year for hip hop in the decade.

Jay Sosa

Tokubetsu said:
It's already fucked up. Swizz Beatz is involved.

:lol Exactly my thoughts.

Finally got my Freddie Gibbs EP and to whoever asked if the C&S version of the KRIT tape is better: I'd say yes, Watts did an outstanding job of rearranging the tracks, the cuts are on point and there is no ridiculous amount of chopping. I gotta stay is just amazing slowed down.

I must have had someone else in mind when saying that Watts does a poor job screwing, listened to his mix of MIIIIIKE JOOOOOOOONES in my car today and that is nice too,

Bowser

WanderingWind said:
Well, no shit artard. Of course it's my opinion. Don't be stupid. Just because there was a smatter of decent albums (and Fashawn's was just decent) doesn't negate the fact that 2009 was the weakest year for hip hop in the decade.

wut

WanderingWind

Bowser said:

...seriously? That wasn't all that hard to follow. YOU DO NOT HAVE TO POST "IMO" AFTER EVER FUCKING THING YOU SAY.

Unless you're completely brain dead, it's pretty clear that everything said outside of ScienceGAF, MathGAF or BigTitsAreAwesomeGAF is an opinion.

Back on topic. There had to be a "worst" year of the decade. For me (IMOlulz) 2009 was the worst from 2000-2010. Unless there is something remarkable that I'm forgetting about, of course.

Kimosabae

Banned
WanderingWind said:

Guy, fuck off. Seriously. It's pretty clear I understood it's just your opinion, but you feel that justifies you calling me names? Now you're getting butthurt, because you don't what the fucking difference between a fact and opinion is and someone called you out on it?

Your responses are overcompensating defense mechanisms to the highest degree. Eat a dick and wander your way out of the thread, please.

WanderingWind

Kimosabae said:
Guy, fuck off. Seriously. It's pretty clear I understood it's just your opinion, but you feel that justifies you calling me names? Now you're getting butthurt, because you don't what the fucking difference between a fact and opinion is and someone called you out on it?

Your responses are overcompensating defense mechanisms to the highest degree. Eat a dick and wander your way out of the thread, please.

Yeah, I'm butthurt. Sorry, princess...didn't mean to hurt your little feelings. Good luck with that internet tough guy thing you got going. It doesn't make you look like a bitch in the least. :lol

Let's all get along, Hip-HopGAF. =(

I'm feelin' Kanye's Mama's Boyfriend. I heard the live version just now, not a snippet if there is one. Need a CDQ version though. FFF

IrishNinja

Jay Sosa said:
I must have had someone else in mind when saying that Watts does a poor job screwing, listened to his mix of MIIIIIKE JOOOOOOOONES in my car today and that is nice too,

i honestly didnt know Mike Jones (who?!) was still around:lol
did anyone else ever try calling that # he'd always drop a few years back? i remember being bored at work and trying, never got through/got an answer, no idea what i would've said if he'dve picked up. i imagine i'dve kept yelling "WHO!?" in the phone till he yelled his name a few times.

IrishNinja said:
i honestly didnt know Mike Jones (who?!) was still around:lol
did anyone else ever try calling that # he'd always drop a few years back? i remember being bored at work and trying, never got through/got an answer, no idea what i would've said if he'dve picked up. i imagine i'dve kept yelling "WHO!?" in the phone till he yelled his name a few times.

:lol I heard the phone was busy all the time from the calling. What's even more cool about Mike Jones right now is that he lost A LOT of weight. Kind of an inspiration for me.

mike-jones-who.3648336.40.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
spindashing said:
Let's all get along, Hip-HopGAF. =(

I'm feelin' Kanye's Mama's Boyfriend. I heard the live version just now, not a snippet if there is one. Need a CDQ version though. FFF
All Of The Lights and Monster first, kthxbye.

Back Then and Mr. Jones were dope songs though, Mr. Jones is hillarious.

ICE AGEEEEEEEEEEE

Tokubetsu

Jay Sosa said:
:lol Exactly my thoughts.

Finally got my Freddie Gibbs EP and to whoever asked if the C&S version of the KRIT tape is better: I'd say yes, Watts did an outstanding job of rearranging the tracks, the cuts are on point and there is no ridiculous amount of chopping. I gotta stay is just amazing slowed down.

Yea, Watts is good with C&S. I've always liked his Chamillionaire tapes as well.

loanshark0729 said:
Nothing new but i've been listening to this again lately:

CannibalOxTheColdVein.jpg1

Definitely one of my top five albums of all time :D

Top five? Interesting.

I enjoy the album, but that's pretty far up for me, considering the vastness of hiphop in general. It's somewhat monotonous, but not bad by any means. 'Stress Rap' and 'Atom' are my two favorites from it.

Of-Mics-Men-Front-Cover.jpg

This is very good, you guys need to download it, for real.

Download

soultron

Banned
Am I crazy because I don't dig Drake? I'm even from TO.

I just saw some special on TV the other day about how he was "the new king of hip hop," and I was just all "what?"

I don't get what's so great about a kid who holds his breath while he raps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom