• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

The M.O.B

PhoenixDark said:
I've been meaning to download that Laws mixtape - fuck it, I'm doing it right now. JUSTICE League's track record is pretty much flawless based on the stuff they lace Rick Ross with, holy shit.

You won't be disappointed. I have no clue how Laws got such top quality production.

The last track run away has got to be my favorite joint off that.

Jay Sosa

Big K.R.I.T. interview from WOS.com

Some interesting quotes:

WordofSouth.com: And how much of the album are you into right now?

Big K.R.I.T.: I would say 45%. That’s pretty good considering I’m getting ready to tour in a minute throughout September-November. In December I’ll get a lot more time to work on it. Probably by the end of December I’ll pretty much be finished with it.

WordofSouth.com: No doubt. And of course, congratulations on the Def Jam deal.

Big K.R.I.T.: I appreciate that.

Say WHAT? I did not know that

WordofSouth.com: You work a lot with Curren$y, Smoke DZA and others. Do you think we’re about to embark on a golden age in hip-hop that your about to be apart of?

Big K.R.I.T.: I believe so. Artists are being themselves and rapping about what they know about. There are a couple of them. It comes from us making the best music possible and not so much from a competitive aspect where we don’t let each other hear one another’s verses and such. It’s not even about killing one another lyrically on each record. We all have our own lanes and identity as far as this rap game goes.
We get in the studio and work together. We all want to make the record as jamming as possible. It’s not about egos flying around. I’ve noticed that with other artists I’ve been able to meet. Whether it is Yelawolf, Pill, Donnis, Killer Mike/Mike Bigga, and Wiz Khalifa – It’s a gang of new rappers out right now that are really being themselves. People are really getting in the studio and working together. For a minute it was about emailing tracks to one another. Artists are more about getting in the studio together now. Let’s work and let’s vibe together instead of over a computer.

Sooo true, that's why I love these guys.

One thing which bugs me though is that he barely mentions David Banner or Crooked Lettaz who put Mississippi on the map as far as rapping goes. I just find that odd..

Slizz

HiResDes said:
*Hugs* Jay Sosa...You and Slizz are my dogs. :lol

You know!

Anywho, anyone been following the progress on Finally Famous 3?

Lotsa (old) leaks are coming out that have nothing to do with the tape and Big Sean is apparently pissed(via twitter)

Supposedly it was supposed to leak yesterday or some shit? Now its today? I think we can assume it'll leak tomorrow since tues and thurs(especially thurs. for tapes) seem to be when shit drops alllllll the time.

Uggghhh

I had this dream that Cudi's album came out. I was ecstatic and cut school just to go buy it. So, I bought it, popped it into my computer, and started listening.

Mr, Rager was as epic as it was in its first listen (got rid of the .mp3 that was leaked). Mojo So Dope was there. REFOFEV was there. Erase Me, which oddly had another rapper instead of Kanye, was there.

Then there was other tracks. A Ratatat produced track named "Endless" or some shit, that was AWESOME. Like it was Pursuit of Happiness 2. I instantly knew I'd overplay the TITS out of it.

But...after the track ended, you know how Common gave his epic speeches pertaining to the MOTM theme? Well this time it was Cudi. Cudi must have been drunk and high at the time because I didn't know what the hell he was going on about. Slurring. Stumbling with words etc. I rose an eyebrow and listened to the rest of the album.

It. ALL. SUCKED. I didn't like any of the rest of the album. I RAGED. "SO THIS IS WHY THEY CALL IT MR. RAGER CAUSE I SURE AM RAGING." I said. I ejected the disc, and then I woke up.

GOD DAMN IT CUDIIIIII I NEED MY FIX. Please be dope oh please be dope.

HiResDes

Slizz said:
You know!

Anywho, anyone been following the progress on Finally Famous 3?

Lotsa (old) leaks are coming out that have nothing to do with the tape and Big Sean is apparently pissed(via twitter)

Supposedly it was supposed to leak yesterday or some shit? Now its today? I think we can assume it'll leak tomorrow since tues and thurs(especially thurs. for tapes) seem to be when shit drops alllllll the time.
I'd put my money on the end of the day with all of the leaks popping up.

HiResDes

Net_Wrecker said:
This. Is . NICE. Damn, why have I waited so long to listen to dude? Good stuff. I really like the diversity of the production and themes, and really enjoy when he goes in a slightly different different than purely RAP like the Techno/Rock beats, or the tracks with a non "Boom Bap" drum pattern.

And on Hold You Down (Remix), Emilio Rojas KILLED...KILLED his verse. Completely caught me off guard. Is he that good on his solo material?
Sometimes his voice irks me, but dude definitely kills shit. Check out this:

20100107-NATURAL1.jpg

DL LINK (Click the button)

...Untouched & Tonight go hard.

Bonus - Bold and Arrogant (Remix) Ft. Styles P & Asher Roth + Helluva Year Ft. Scheme & Astonish

mileS

damn Juggalos throwing stuff at Red n Meth as well? grrrr

I thought the gathering was "all love bro" but yet the fuckin losers throw things at any act that isn't wearing face paint.

reKon

Banned
Ok, I can't get the hold you down remix out of my head. I haven't even listened to that whole mixtape yet either and a song is already stuck. I really want to see Laws blow up, but now a days it's so hard to get someone like him to blow up.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
On a side note am I a bad person hop gaf for thinking B.o.B. sold out compared to his mix tapes and how he came up (being in the GA I heard some of his pre album stuff), but yet I still really like him anyways? Plus my GF and I really like bumping his album together?

Does this make me lose major gaf-hop cred? :( I don't know how this works. :/

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Brettison said:
On a side note am I a bad person hop gaf for thinking B.o.B. sold out compared to his mix tapes and how he came up (being in the GA I heard some of his pre album stuff), but yet I still really like him anyways? Plus my GF and I really like bumping his album together?

No because he still makes enjoyable music. Selling out is an idiotic term anyways. If making a living means selling out that I will sell the fuck out of myself.

PhoenixDark said:
Shit. Just. Got. Real.

And about B.o.B? I love his mixtapes and while his album has more of a "pop" feel, I still love that. Don't let anyone misguide you about his album's direction. B.o.B had that "pop" sound in some of his tracks, yet people were quick to label him as a "sell-out." I may not like certain tracks due to the constant radio play, but the album is still pretty damned good. Favorite tracks are Don't Let Me Fall, Ghost In The Machine, and Past My Shades in that order. Hell, I'll secretly bump Nothin' On You from time to time. :D

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016

The M.O.B

Does anybody have XV's mixtape "Recycle Bin" ?

I searched around and there is nothing but a bunch of dead links.

If anybody has it could they re-upload it please.

DominoKid

Brettison said:

Nah that album was a definite sellout. one of the bigger disappointments of the year.

Been listening to XZv since Complex Experiment 1, just always thought recycle bin was a unofficial mixtape, learn something new every day I guess

Nabs

Kanye says "ok ok ok Power Remix 2nt!!! For real for real"

could Jay Electro be on this?

Just saw the XXL layout on the front page. Shit man. I remember buying that, and loving the magazine. It's a shame how far it's fallen :(

------

kanyewest
Finishing @JustinBieber Runaway Love remix too... don't know when they gonna drop it but Raekwon's verse is crazy!!!

:lol

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Nabs said:
kanyewest
Finishing @JustinBieber Runaway Love remix too... don't know when they gonna drop it but Raekwon's verse is crazy!!!

Say it ain't so Rae!

Tokubetsu

Nabs said:
all i ask for is decent mixing/mastering

Been listening to the Stimulus Package again recently. Amazing how hypnotizing the beats are. Zoning out to the kick on "One Foot In" and I'm completely sober :lol

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Drake just announced an upcoming tour with him, Bun B, Wiz Khalifa and The Clipse starting in September. That is going to be a mixed up crowd, lol.

Tokubetsu said:
Fatbeats last two locations in NYC and LA are closing.
I've been there all week just chilling, killing time and enjoying the moment. Taking pics to remember it. This one hurts more then the closing of CBGB's. All I need to hear is that Bleecker Bob's is shutting down and I'll become one grumpy bastard.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom