• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
enzo_gt said:
We need a GAF-Hop meme for the double standards that go on in here day to day.

LIL WAYNE IS TRASH

DEFEND GUCCI.
Here, let me make it clear.

Lil'Wayne sucks, Gucci sucks, Lil'B sucks.

SoulPlaya said:
Here, let me make it clear.

Lil'Wayne sucks, Gucci sucks, Lil'B sucks.
image.png

1378890_o.gif

Tokubetsu said:
No one else cared when I posted it but for what it's worth, I think the David Banner x 9th Wonder death of a pop star ep/album is good. Particularly the 1st track/intro and this one:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmLESdNnyIY

i didnt realize that album came out. will check it out

PhoenixDark said:
Great interview with Young Guru, Jay-Z's engineer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJx-TTYI

Says he's in London to listen to Jay Electronica's album, and also discusses him in general, Exhibit C, etc.

is the link not working? right now all i got was "The URL contained a malformed video ID."

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
wow you are just hard core hatin. not to say i don't think gucci should get pushed out of moving hummer. also i have seemed to gained new appreciation for pilot talk 2.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
I'll be honest, I find a lot of what GAF-hop likes to be garbage. Wiz, Kanye, etc.

If people tell me about an artist, and they go, "Yeah, his lyrics may not be great, but. . . . . " Then, I tend to dislike that artist. Just my own opinion, though.

soultron

Banned
Actually ran into a physical copy of Oneirology yesterday. Bought it and am finally getting a good playthrough in.

Big KRIT's feature is so good.

cacophony

SoulPlaya said:
I'll be honest, I find a lot of what GAF-hop likes to be garbage. Wiz, Kanye, etc.

If people tell me about an artist, and they go, "Yeah, his lyrics may not be great, but. . . . . " Then, I tend to dislike that artist. Just my own opinion, though.

How can you find Kanye garbage? whhaaat

I agree with Wiz though

abunai said:
Anyone else had a listen of The Family Sign by Atmosphere?

It's really good. Not typical hip-hop, but it's production is great and there are some real good beats on it.

She's Enough
My Notes

I was hoping for a return to form honestly, but after a few spins it definitely has some real smooth production. I still worry about ANT getting soft though. Gone are the days of the hard and scratchy God Loves Ugly sound I suppose.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Kotomi said:
That's one of the best interviews I've seen in a while. Young Guru knows his stuff.
Seriously, I'm watching all these Young Guru interviews now and I'm wondering why I haven't earlier. This guy is a fucking genius, and drops hardcore knowledge in every interview. He's so.. real. And educated.

abunai

Memphis Reigns said:
I was hoping for a return to form honestly, but after a few spins it definitely has some real smooth production. I still worry about ANT getting soft though. Gone are the days of the hard and scratchy God Loves Ugly sound I suppose.

I can agree with you, but I'm still really enjoying this album. Might be one of my favourites, but I've only spun it 3 times. Got a ton of new music to get through, don't know where to start ha

overcast said:
Wtf does that noise in the 6'7 beat say? Fun banana?

one banana I think. I love that beat. That video definitely was a huge missed opportunity though. Fuck Inception. They should have just looped the BeetleJuice clip over and over.

IrishNinja

related: what's the single worst metaphor you've heard in hip-hop? this page has me thinking wayne's a heavy hitter, but offhand, all i've got is lil flip: i'll treat you like milk, girl/i'll do nothing to spoil you

beat that

IrishNinja said:
related: what's the single worst metaphor you've heard in hip-hop? this page has me thinking wayne's a heavy hitter, but offhand, all i've got is lil flip: i'll treat you like milk, girl/i'll do nothing to spoil you

beat that
Not really worth metaphor, but worst hashtag...

Comin down the street like a parade, Macy's!
- Ludacris.

overcast

Memphis Reigns said:
I feel you. Godlovesugly is still my favorite. Obviously overcast was awesome. I do miss the more hip hop oriented ant.

Real g's move in silence simile is awful.

IrishNinja

Tguy said:
lol, those are similes not metaphors.

most astute observation, thanks for pointing that out

nerd

really wasnt expecting luda responses, especially using the young money formula of word association for retards. ok, changed to dumbest shit youve heard in hip-hop passed of as clever

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Tguy said:
lol, those are similes not metaphors.

"Niggas say I'm nice with metaphors, but these is similes"

Artist: Common
Year: 1999
Track: 1999

My favorite bar of all time, because some things never change.

IrishNinja said:
most astute observation, thanks for pointing that out

nerd

really wasnt expecting luda responses, especially using the young money formula of word association for retards. ok, changed to dumbest shit youve heard in hip-hop passed of as clever
I don't really know you so you might not of known the differences between similes and metaphors. It doesnt hurt to educate anyway

Recon

Banned
HiResDes said:
Lyrically Kanye is terrible? GTFO, LOL. His rapping skills might be up for debate, but that's just ridiculous.

He has been on a decline since The College Dropout IMO, not huge drop,but its been noticeable,lyrically speaking.

HiResDes

Pinko Marx said:
I'm not saying Kanyes a terrible rapper, but I won't smack someone in the face for holding that opinion.
I don't disagree, but I think calling him terrible lyrically is a smackable offense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom