• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
ReconYoda said:
Lol no, on a pure technical level, em is much better.
hey man if you wanna get technical, then technically your opinion is invalid. recovery only had a couple awesome tracks, the rest of the album was just him being "not afraid"

Esch

Banned
yeah but eminem hasn't even been a remotely interesting rapper for so long that he might as well have been saying "COME ALONG AND BUTTFUCKED THIS GAME UP" really fast or some shit for like 6 years. .

Recon

Banned
shadowcomplex said:
hey man if you wanna get technical, then technically you opinion is invalid. recovery only had a couple awesome tracks, the rest of the album was just him being "not afraid"

That makes no sense at all, please try again. Im not even saying New Eminem is interesting or relevant. All im saying, is his flow, and wordplay is better than Wests. His ability to string words together is still good, not as great as he was but good. Now, his actual content is mostly tired and recycled. I think you need to try and understand what i actually said before going on a "EMINEM SUCKS!" tirade and calling my OPINON invalid.

Meh I disagree. There's little good wordplay on Recovery or Relapse, and his "stringing words together" sounds so forced and stuttered it's hard to listen to. Not Afraid is a perfect example, as the verses outside of the last one are like a trainwreck of lines.

West on DF kills Eminem today

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
PhoenixDark said:
Meh I disagree. There's little good wordplay on Recovery or Relapse, and his "stringing words together" sounds so forced and stuttered it's hard to listen to. Not Afraid is a perfect example, as the verses outside of the last one are like a trainwreck of lines.

West on DF kills Eminem today
this. seriously.

also yoda i never said em sucked, its just his album wasn't what i was expecting. i thought it would be a lot more refined, and i was just joking around as far as opinions go. everyone has an opinion and they're all valid. sorry =(

Nabs

kamspy said:
Young Guru is one of the richest cats in the game. After getting the Hova cosign he instantly became the highest paid engineer in hip hop. He's worth it too. Dude can work the boards like not other. Only Dre can rival his board work.
It's funny because I'm the total opposite. I don't want him anywhere near anything I like. He's the type to just make everything loud for the hell of it.

exarkun

Em is boring as fuck. Unless you listen to his old albums, then he sounds like the rapper people jizz themselves over. But lately? He needs a doctor.

That Malcolm X track is pretty decent. The production is great for their flow.

IrishNinja

Tguy said:
I don't really know you so you might not of known the differences between similes and metaphors. It doesnt hurt to educate anyway

i was gonna make a KRS-1 crack here, but fuck it, i like you.

its nice to hear im not alone in being bored by Em...good friend of mine thinks he's only gotten better, makes it hard to talk to him about the dude.
lyrically ye is alright, i dont think he's great but i enjoy his albums. lyrics & production on MBDTF werent nearly that of his prior albums but i still had fun with like half the tracks, to his credit. i got nothing really negative to say about conway.

Shinobi's comin, yo

kamspy

I like Lil Wayne. I just don't like 6'7'. I actually think his mixtapes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any of his albums. Da Drought 3 is easily his best work on the mic.

Gamer98

Banned
kamspy said:
I like Lil Wayne. I just don't like 6'7'. I actually think his mixtapes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> any of his albums. Da Drought 3 is easily his best work on the mic.

6'7 just sound like amili way too much. Fucking Bangladesh. Did Wayne no favors.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
HiResDes said:
Lyrically Kanye is terrible? GTFO, LOL. His rapping skills might be up for debate, but that's just ridiculous.
Maybe we have different preferences and opinions? Who knows? His lyrics are terrible to me, and I laugh at how he raps, because he sounds like he thinks what he says is intelligent and lyrically impressive.

HiResDes

Yeah Yeah I know I can't change your opinion, I was just checking to see if you had a sense of humor...Maybe that's why you don't understand Kanye, bro. Also I think a lot of his lyricism gets overlooked because it is concealed under his often excessively thick production. For example, the poetical nature of Lost in the World.

Recon

Banned
shadowcomplex said:
this. seriously.

also yoda i never said em sucked, its just his album wasn't what i was expecting. i thought it would be a lot more refined, and i was just joking around as far as opinions go. everyone has an opinion and they're all valid. sorry =(

Its all cool, i will always be an EM fan, but im very tired of all his new material, it just doesnt do anything for me, but i will always know dude is mad talented. I also have much respect for Kanye, but god damn, i swear MBDTF was such a damn disappointment. I just felt it was lazy, as in he got a bunch of guest features and threw on a couple of his free Good Friday tracks, and decided it was good enough.

SoulPlaya

more money than God
HiResDes said:
Yeah Yeah I know I can't change your opinion, I was just checking to see if you had a sense of humor...Maybe that's why you don't understand Kanye, bro.
I think 3 Strikes is hilarious, does that help?

Detox

SoulPlaya said:
Maybe we have different preferences and opinions? Who knows? His lyrics are terrible to me, and I laugh at how he raps, because he sounds like he thinks what he says is intelligent and lyrically impressive.
In before someone links to that site that explains lyrics. Seriously what the fuck is that shit, I saw it when I was lurking the Kanye thread.

HiResDes

No the best Kanye lyrics aren't enigmatic...They're those that simultaneously reflect on the beautiful terrible nature of being human, albeit a rich self-absorbed one.

Gamer98

Banned
SoulPlaya said:

I sold my soul to the devil thats a crappy deal
Least it came with a few toys like a happy meal
This game you could never win
Cause they love you then they hate you then they love you again
Get away from me misery
Get away from me lonliness
Get away from me fake bitches, I can?t take the phoniness
Get away from me wack tracks
I can only make only hits
I?m an only child lost in the World
Where did the lonely kids go when the bell ring
its Feeling like hell rings
Bringing me back down
Checking my background
Its ironic whats happening
Imagine if I didn?t have the ends
I would?nt have so many imaginary friends
I?m spaced out Dog, I be on that Moon talk
Wonder if God ask Mike how to moon walk
I swear to momma wish me and my father talk more
I stopped visiting around the time I was a sophmore
I guess everything I hate about me I see in him
And we ain?t finna change, so we?ll never agree again
till then I?ll be pouring out my soul
Just a few things I see with my eyes closed - Kanye West

Yeah man hes so stupid. His lyrics are awful. /sarcasm

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
HiResDes said:
I don't disagree, but I think calling him terrible lyrically is a smackable offense.

Calling him a good rapper should get you slapped in the mouth

Detox

What the fuck is this shit about happy meals and sucking his overinflated ego. If you want to hear proper lyricism about someone hating go check hate me now by Nas.

Primo beat of the year has to go to immortal tech's one if it ever materialises. I just think Primo has to go HARD on that or it's going to sound shit and not suit Tech at all.

Blackace

Gamer98 said:
Get away from me misery
Bringing me back down
Checking my background

Oh wait that was supposed to be deep! lawl

SoulPlaya

more money than God
Gamer98 said:
Get away from me misery
Bringing me back down
Checking my background

"I'm rich, but life sucks" lyrics suck to me.

HiResDes

Detox said:
What the fuck is this shit about happy meals and sucking his overinflated ego. If you want to hear proper lyricism about someone hating go check hate me now by Nas.

Primo beat of the year has to go to immortal tech's one if it ever materialises. I just think Primo has to go HARD on that or it's going to sound shit and not suit Tech at all.
It's like you're lacking any sort of reading comprehension skills whatsoever.

Blackace

shadowcomplex said:
common man, you have to give some kind of rebuttal, you can't just "lawl" yourself out of an debate.

Just posting random verses isn't really a debate tho..

He isn't spitting, he is whining..

Blackace

Gamer98 said:
Nobody has posted anything better so I guess I'm right on this. Sorry I got yall angry.

Should I post Busta verse from Ye's own song where he murdered him?

Blackace

shadowcomplex said:
yes. yes you should.

Ok
Tell me, who you really really really think is more lyrical
Cause everytime I go somebody got to see they medical
And everytime I come, I’m eating everything thats edible
And if you aint already know, then who be more incredible?
They wanna call me crazy like I’m borderline cynical
Cause how I do it and I kill ‘em and I get incredible
And magically do it like this was another miracle
And if you don’t like it you can suck up on my genitals
ta-ta-ta-tal ta-ta-ta-ta tals
Do a little bitch and get up off your pedastal
And whenver you see me you better salute the general
Cause I will break it down to every single mineral
(Surp, surp, surp, surp)
Suck up on my testicle again when you see me counting money
Money thats similar again, bout cop another diamond and a Senegal again
Everybody sayin’ that he uncomparable again….okay
Killing everything we ’bout to have a funeral
a lot of you n-ggas be doing whatever you be doing
And I don’t even know what to call it, just sound terrible
Lower down the chorus, see we have another burial
These n-ggas that be rambling and babbling
I aint hearing them
And everybody know that I be handlin’ my B-I
When it come to other rappers know I be scarin’ them
Chop, chop, chop chop
Chop another beat up
Now you see the way I heat up everybody when I meet up
Just to come inside the building and witness another killing
And then relax and then shop back and put my feet up
Every beat that I touch I’mma lace
I’mma never stop even with a muzzle on my face
When I finish with this….
I GO HAM

HiResDes

Blackace said:
Just posting random verses isn't really a debate tho..

He isn't spitting, he is whining..
I thought the debate was over lyricism, not rapping. BTW, that Busta verse is absolutely void of the emotion of Kanye's verse and doesn't contain a fraction of the self-reflection which makes Kanye great. You just don't get it dude, leave it at that...

Detox

@ HiRes The lyrics don't really go on that but combined with the way he acts and the fact he's a rich motherfucker. It sounds like he's saying shits fucked up and I should feel sorry and him and this is why:

Get away from me misery

I can't accept shit like this from Kanye. Same reason why Em can't be talking about being broke or his fucked up life in a trailer park anymore.

Note: I have no idea when this song was actually made. I don't really care for Kanye but the way guys go on him it's like he's the greatest writer since Shakespeare.

Gamer98

Banned
Detox said:
@ HiRes The lyrics don't really go on that but combined with the way he acts and the fact he's a rich motherfucker. It sounds like he's saying shits fucked up and I should feel sorry and him and this is why:

Get away from me misery

I can't accept shit like this from Kanye. Same reason why Em can't be talking about being broke or his fucked up life in a trailer park anymore.

Note: I have no idea when this song was actually made. I don't really care for Kanye but the way guys go on him it's like he's the greatest writer since Shakespeare.

??? Both the wealthy and the poor can share the same feelings/outlook on life. People change but damn not that much man.

HiResDes

I personally like the contemplative religious themes of the album, shown especially on Hell of a Life and Devil in a New Dress...Kanye's a walking contradiction, a confused, indecisive, and often misunderstood dude but his music combines all of these weaknesses into something greater. BTW, I'm not angry, I just think this is a good discussion and I'm always game for those.

Blackace

Gamer98 said:
Do it, just know which one has more awards, album sales, fans, and money.

ANNNNNNND you posted a remix LMAO!!!!

ANNNND so the fuck what? A remix makes his flow and lyrics worse?

Gamer98

Banned
SoulPlaya said:
Wow. . . . . . . .

What bro? Ye did not spit an extra verse on the remix? Who knows? But, tbh Busta did go harder then both Ye and Jay on the track even tho its a remix so Blackface is right for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom