• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Double D

How the hell do you dl from that site? I click the dl link, an thing comes up for me to enter an email, I do it, then nothing. Click again, same shit all over again.

edit: I'm sure you guys are gonna be shocked but I was just being a dumbass. I got it all figured out.

Slizz

Vik_Vaughn said:
How the hell do you dl from that site? I click the dl link, an thing comes up for me to enter an email, I do it, then nothing. Click again, same shit all over again.

After you submit your email and click 'Download this Album 4 free', it doesn't ask you where you want to save the file?

EDIT: And thanks DominoKid looking forward to this. I can already tell the track with KRIT and Big Sant is gonna bang.

Double D

Is the quality better than KRIT's tape? I can't even listen to that shit, and I'm usually not that picky. Some of those songs make my subs sound blown in my truck.

kamspy

Vik_Vaughn said:
Is the quality better than KRIT's tape? I can't even listen to that shit, and I'm usually not that picky. Some of those songs make my subs sound blown in my truck.

Yup. Ultra low frequency is the first thing to go. :( The original Country Shit is my new reference track for my sub. R4 is nearly unlistenable in my truck.

Fucking CD STILL hasn't shown up. Bout to fucking do a charge back when it does.

Double D

Ok. Shitty thing is, now that I've recognized it in my truck, I can't listen to it with headphones, home theater, or anything else really because all I hear is shit.

kamspy

Vik_Vaughn said:
Ok. Shitty thing is, now that I've recognized it in my truck, I can't listen to it with headphones, home theater, or anything else really because all I hear is shit.

Same. :( For some reason it's the most forgiving on my home theater speakers, which technically are the best speakers I have. Go figure. Either way, I only used it to clean my house a couple days ago and I'll probably wait for the CD. But fuck, who knows if the CDs are even printed yet. It sure as fuck didn't mention a pre order when I paid for the thing.

Slizz

peterb0y said:
THC is fucking awesome.. I'm seeing him in two weeks live, I'll be sure to buy a t or something...
Hell yes. I gotta take a 45 min drive to my boys house an I let THC ride... So good. Good herb helps

Tokubetsu

I should've prefaced, I'm not on any substance either.
EDIT: Apparently "Know Better" was done by Luger too. Not just "Loaded."

Tokubetsu said:
I should've prefaced, I'm not on any substance either.
EDIT: Apparently "Know Better" was done by Luger too. Not just "Loaded."

Yeah. I really hate how a lot of rappers are using that shitty instrumental beat in their songs.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
new dza is out i see. Good times. George kush the button is a personal classic so I have been awaiting this.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I can't be the only one that went back to listening to Futuresex/Lovesounds after that very brief JT discussion, right?

...right?

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
enzo_gt said:
I can't be the only one that went back to listening to Futuresex/Lovesounds after that very brief JT discussion, right?

...right?
that is a godlike album

IrishNinja

New Danger had a handful of tracks i dug, but yeah, that post was truth: as a follow up to BoBS, it was weird. he was on that black dante/johnson thing too long i thought, like Umi Says convinced him he's a fantastic singer and should do that all day.

enzo_gt - i fucks with timberlake. in the wake of the king of pop (RIP), ill take mike-light.

based god is late to the party, but brings the swag.

the bitch know whats up
payin just to fuck
fuck her in the mouth
then fuck her in the butt

again we are blessed.

hubes

enzo_gt said:

...right?
nah dude that's one of my favorite albums of all time. i need more jt/timbo.

Complex Shadow

Cudi Lame™
MThanded said:
I am tired of lil b
i am not exactly tired of lil b, but i hoping he grows as an artist, and makes better lyrical content on his next album at least. i mean its great to see lil b doing his thing, always on his grind and all. but he really needs to expand vocabulary beyond woop and swag.

~swag

Tokubetsu

Got my Atmosphere package today so whoever else ordered might want to check their mail:
ik16xS.jpg

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I still don't believe any of you lil B stans. I know you are pulling a super duper troll on us. I know it. Goddamnit. GODDAMNIT.

also
softer than the areolas on a fat girl

siddx

Tokubetsu said:
Got my Atmosphere package today so whoever else ordered might want to check their mail:
ik16xS.jpg

*Runs out to Mailbox*

:(

I think I only got the standard CD too, none of the extra fun stuff unfortunately. For whatever reason I never signed up on rhymesayers so I was never offered that special deal. Me so sad.

siddx said:
I still don't believe any of you lil B stans. I know you are pulling a super duper troll on us. I know it. Goddamnit. GODDAMNIT.
As long as they're only trying to troll and not actually succeeding, it doesn't matter. Don't believe the hype.

Double D

Got my atmosphere stuff in the mail today. Slug signed behind where the cd sits in the case. Haven't listened to it yet. Honestly I really didn't plan on buying it but whatever. Maybe I'll be surprised.

siddx

I just remembered I have a jacket downstairs with Ant's signature on the sleeve. I had to beg him to sign it, he thought he was going to ruin my jacket until I explained it was an old piece of shit.

kamspy

I don't really know what to make of DZA. His shit is solid, but it's just missing a little charisma. Same as J.Cole. Really solid, but kinda plain. DZA could make a good living ghost writing for someone.

cacophony

siddx said:

Lil B is just fun, mindless music. He has a ton of charisma and does/says what ever the fuck he wants, and always has a positive vibe. He's obviously not a really good rapper but his music is fun to listen to. I don't see why people don't get that.

Recon

Banned
kamspy said:
I don't really know what to make of DZA. His shit is solid, but it's just missing a little charisma. Same as J.Cole. Really solid, but kinda plain. DZA could make a good living ghost writing for someone.

I always found J.Cole to very passionate and charismatic, but maybe thats me just being biased(love j.cole.)

so yeah, this Wiz Latifah is in fact softer than a Care Bear sucking its thumb while napping on some memory foam

but goddamn, I still dig this shit for whatever reason as a solid pop album. Shit does go hard...if you measure it against LFO or Katy Perry. In that class, it's at the very top!

HiResDes

soul creator said:
so yeah, this Wiz Latifah is in fact softer than a Care Bear sucking its thumb while napping on some memory foam

but goddamn, I still dig this shit for whatever reason as a solid pop album. Shit does go hard...if you measure it against LFO or Katy Perry. In that class, it's at the very top!
Really I'm not feeling it at all, and when I listen to M.I.'s Prep Time (an album given away for free) it reminds me of how a poppy hip-hop record should be done. Rolling Papers is soulless.

siddx said:

"The bigger the lie, the more they believe."

~ The Bunk

I think this Lil B shit started as a joke but then the joke gained traction and now the people who were laughing at this fool, watching all his videos and downloading his wack ass mixtapes made him successful unwittingly.

Now we've got people saying he's pretty decent when he tries.

smh

IrishNinja

it's okay. my fellow BASED brothers know i too was once a doubting thomas hater, but brother Shinobis opened up my eyes. it's like RZA says, not every man wants to leave Plato's cave.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom