• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

I told you motherfuckers man. Alchemist is like top 3 producer right now. He's always been killing it though. Easily one of the more consistent ones doing in the 00s. 4/20 gonna put this on and just faaaaade out.

PBY

Banned
today was a fucking mixtape explosion, holy shit.... new donnis is slightly dissapointing from what I've heard of it

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
kamspy said:
I didn't get any CDs in the mail today (FUCK YOU LIL KRIT), but my wife did get to come home from the hospital. :)

She has your KRIT cd, she stole that shit.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
spindashing said:
4/20 needs to come and quick.

Edit: Good shit, kampsy.

That is a great date for albums... DJ Quik also is dropping

siddx

WanderingWind said:
siddx. That new Atmosphere....fuckawesome.

That is all. Back to my listening.

Indeed, went for another drive just to give another good listen.

Also the Murs EP is excellent as well.

Recon

Banned
The Last To Say is hands down my favorite from the new atmosphere, but i still have a few more tracks to go through. God damn....so good.

HiResDes

You guys got me hyped for no reason, pretty much the only mixtape out of the 4 that dropped that bangs any at all is the new Aleon Craft. Donnis has fell off in my eyes with two mediocre drops in a row.

IrishNinja

^ahahaha

steam shit on sale, new curren$y track, and ya'll linked to some hi-tek and dilla shit. got tomorrow & the day after off, with a new stash...plus, kamspy got his family back. gotta say it was a good day.

PBY

Banned
HiResDes said:
You guys got me hyped for no reason, pretty much the only mixtape out of the 4 that dropped that bangs any at all is the new Aleon Craft. Donnis has fell off in my eyes with two mediocre drops in a row.
what are the 4 you're talking about?

HiResDes

cover.jpg

BANG THIS SHIT IN YO WHIP

HiResDes

Yeah, but it's not like I'm gonna actually sit down and download a Flocka mixtape...I mean c'mon I have standards, if you're gonna be a shitty rapper you better be BASED in some fashion. Oh and the D12 tape isn't actually out yet, but I might skip that one as well.

PBY

Banned
HiResDes said:
Yeah, but it's not like I'm gonna actually sit down and download a Flocka mixtape...I mean c'mon I have standards, if you're gonna be a shitty rapper you better be BASED in some fashion.
I dunno man, you wanted a tape that bangs, I think Benjamin Flocka's got you covered. Also, I don't get lil b

Recon

Banned
HiResDes said:
They better not be trying to with no Em or Slaughterhouse features

I keep hearing that they are, but with no em, no proof...whats the point of D12?

Edit:They are charging for their mixtape, only $1,but still.....And they added another member to D12?....Is there a reason Em isnt on a D12 tape?

CRS

HiResDes said:
They better not be trying to with no Em or Slaughterhouse features
It is out.

Tracklist according to 2Dope:
1. Eminem Intro
02. Fame
03. Let’s Go -prod. by: Mr. Porter
03. Kill Zone -Freestyle
04. I Made It f. Trick-Trick -prod. by: Trick-Trick
05. King Kong -prod by. King Karnov
06. Play This Game f. Maestro -prod. by: Silent Riot
05. Rape A Bartender f. Maestro -Freestyle
06. 14 Emcees f. Fatt Father, 3Six, Shakia Snow, Kid Vishis, Shim E.
Bango, T.Dot, Beez, Reddbone, Seven The General, Miz Korona, Mae Day,
Moe Dirdee, Chacity, Calicoe -prod. by: Ess Man & Silent Riot
07. I Go Off -Freestyle
08. Quit Handcuffin’ f. Young Buck -Freestyle
09. On Fire -Freestyle
10. Back In The Day f. Phenom -prod. by: J-Thrill
11. Fuckin’ You Up f. King Gordy & Young Zee -Freestyle
12. MidWest Nigga f. Big T. -prod. by: DubMuzik
13. Kush And Green f. M.J. Robinson -prod. by: Apollo Brown
14. Fuck In The Truck -prod. by Mr. Porter
15. Tryna Be Cool f. Maestro
16. Canon -Freestyle
17. Outro

Recon

Banned
HiResDes said:
The Young Buck and Apollo Brown produced tracks look enticing...I'm kind of swamped with music right now though.

A D12 minus the two best members should be a very low priority.

Edit: Actually, apparently Em is on the tracks, at least on Fame,which is actually a good song.

Second Edit:Eminem is only on the one track. Bizzare is featured heavily...which should clue you in on the quality of the tape.

Acid08

Banned
IrishNinja said:
^ahahaha

steam shit on sale, new curren$y track, and ya'll linked to some hi-tek and dilla shit. got tomorrow & the day after off, with a new stash...plus, kamspy got his family back. gotta say it was a good day.
ice-cube-sts-240bb033009.jpg

Jay Sosa

Yeah Donnis really fell off after this brilliant tape a few years ago (forgot the name), I also didn't like the last Aleon Craft tape I hope this one is better.

I'm quite interested in that Tyga tape, haven't heard good ignorant shit in quite some while. All the southern tapes I dld from MTT were really bad.

yeah I like TreaZon, awesome flow, just wish he'd rap less about Dragonball Z
If anything I wish more rapper would talk about stuff like that, if I had any talent at all I'd make a real nerdy tape, probably a JRPG in rhyme form.

siddx

I really wish "My notes" was longer, such a beautiful song.
But yeah "Last to say" is heaaaaaavy. I wrote a similar song a little while back but last to say makes me embarrassed to have even tried to write about the subject. Amazing song.
So many great songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom