• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEKKI

61cajJRiG5L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Del's new album came out today, stream it here:

http://aol.it/4CJKT

I dont understand how hhdx gave it 4 stars o_O it's not as bad as his bandcamp stuff, but style-wise it's the same shyt...

51Lb0FJd3BL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

new DJ Quik came out today too!! I havent heard it, Ima pick it up blindly tonite

Jafku

http://rapfix.mtv.com/2011/04/18/lil-b-titles-new-album-i’m-gay-glaad-reacts/

Sounds like the Based God has a universal love of mankind.

This past weekend, Lil B announced to the crowd at Coachella that he’d be titling his upcoming album I’m Gay. While the Pack alum followed up by stating he was in fact heterosexual, he advised that titling the album such – despite the controversy – was merely a pun on being happy. “Words don’t mean s**t,” Lil B stated per HipHopDX. However, The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation, otherwise known as GLAAD had something different to say. Well, it wasn’t “glad” tidings.

“As a lyricist, Lil B knows that words matter,” a spokesperson for GLAAD told XXLmag.com. “Slurs have the power to fuel intolerance. We hope that Lil B’s album title is not just a gimmick, and is really a sincere attempt to be an ally. He has the platform and the voice. We hope he uses it in a positive way.”

Lil B’s solo career has been saturated with moments of controversy. From questionable lyrics and songs titled “Justin Bieber” to outrageous tweets about Kanye West, discussions on whether or not the XXL Freshman 2011 pick has a place as a frontrunner in hip hop have run rampant since his smash single “Wonton Soup” hit the streets. Since then, it’s been something of a cult following for the Based God. However, fans are wondering if I’m Gay is a publicity stunt or a declaration.

“Uhhh why is Lil B album called I'm Gay?” @nenenene_ asks. “Wait so is Lil B gay or just named his album that?” wonders @BeezyLaBee.

Regardless of fact or fiction, the title has enough shock value to keep people guessing. “Aw yeah and Lil B gay,” states @ShexObeyxTray, while @DJStoutJunt didn’t take the title too literally. “[It’s] B/c he's ‘not gay’”, the user explains. “Yeah, I think it's stupid too.”
Sorry if this was already posted. What do you guys think?

kamspy

Yo CRS, I think I already know the answer but did you get a chance to check the vitals on that KRIT? I'm ready to completely give up hope.

lmao GLAAD responding to the Based God's plans. It would be so hilarious if he did some electro pop rap songs to attract some gay fans, and became a based Lady Gaga

The M.O.B

Jakfu said:
Sorry if this was already posted. What do you guys think?

Lil B's entire career is based on getting attention, from tweeting a million different celebs in all CAPITAL LETTERS to make sure they notice his tweet, to making songs dedicated to various celebrities, and to give his album a seemingly controversial title so he can get free publicity.

/shrug

Jafku

The M.O.B said:
Lil B's entire career is based on getting attention, from tweeting a million different celebs in all CAPITAL LETTERS to make sure they notice his tweet, to making songs dedicated to various celebrities, and to give his album a seemingly controversial title so he can get free publicity.

/shrug
From what I hear about him and what you posted, I agree.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
“As a lyricist, Lil B knows that words matter,” a spokesperson for GLAAD told XXLmag.com.

GLAAD spokesperson should listen to his songs. Clearly to him words don't matter. Totally devoid of lyricism.

Edit: I went to diamond supply company and no covert coup dl link. *RAGE*

MThanded

my dl stopped halfway through wtf

Edit: i see the site crashed. They should have used hulkshare or something else.

Damn, the tracks I heard were nice. I was looking forward to kicking the $10 or whatever for the CD for the good work.

That and I don't really do MP3s anymore since I upgraded my audio situation.

edit: Good shit Phoenix

10 tracks. Thought it would be more but oh well, if it's dope it's dope - never been into rap albums with an onslaught of songs. I added Flying Iron to mine (that dope ass song featuring Fiend).

MThanded

PhoenixDark said:
10 tracks. Thought it would be more but oh well, if it's dope it's dope - never been into rap albums with an onslaught of songs. I added Flying Iron to mine (that dope ass song featuring Fiend).
quality over quantity

Acid08

Banned
Gonna give the new Del album a listen, not expecting too much from it though.

Doesn't P.O.S. have a new album this year? Anybody hyped for the besides me?

Goddamn. Curren$y did it again. Covert Coup is amazing.
I was worried I wouldn't like it after getting so used to him rapping over Ski Beatz tracks, but I severely underestimated Alchemist.

CRS

kamspy said:
Yo CRS, I think I already know the answer but did you get a chance to check the vitals on that KRIT? I'm ready to completely give up hope.
They are indeed the uncompressed files. It is a CD-R disc though. Also, I feel a little ripped off paying $20 for a CD-R disc with an insert inside a plastic case. Especially when I payed $16 bucks for Oneirology which had much more superior packaging. CD is really good though so that helps.

Here's a picture of some waveforms.
wjp5H.png

RP43k.png

zfBI2.png

Flying Iron is one of the sickest tracks I've heard in a long time. That song was the reason I found out about the Menahan Street Band, where the instrumental originates from. There's a Jay-Z and Kid Cudi sample on their album too. Highly recommend everyone pick it up.

DominoKid

yo this Covert Coup is hard as shit. might even be the best thing he's ever done.

he need to stay grinding and run this hot streak out as much as possible.

ChldRebelSoldr said:
Flying Iron is one of the sickest tracks I've heard in a long time. That song was the reason I found out about the Menahan Street Band, where the instrumental originates from. There's a Jay-Z and Kid Cudi sample on their album too. Highly recommend everyone pick it up.

That's the same sample as Kendrick Lamar's Faith, which has a better use of the instrumental with BJ The Chicago Kid killing it on the hook. Gonna check out the band now.

ant1532

Banned
kamspy said:
image.php
i found 2 copies of the purple tape at record store day!!!! I'm gunna get them signed next time i see rae!

Spitta killed it on covert coupe.

Slizz

DominoKid said:
yo this Covert Coup is hard as shit. might even be the best thing he's ever done.

he need to stay grinding and run this hot streak out as much as possible.

He hasn't stopped since he left Cash Money.

Coming from someone who likes Curren$y's stuff, but isn't the biggest fan, Covert Coup is pretty damn good. Alchemist did work.

I just wish of the songs were a little longer, or let the beat ride for 30 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom