• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cedric

Hey Gaf-Hop, I know this might be too big of a request but I've been sleeping on a lot of new-school cats and I was wondering if anyone could share playlists featuring new talents like J.Cole, XV, Kendrick Lamar, Odd Future (I really like how they take hot new beats like Lemonade and Drop and rap some dope lyrics)... or just request me some stuff.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Cedric said:
Hey Gaf-Hop, I know this might be too big of a request but I've been sleeping on a lot of new-school cats and I was wondering if anyone could share playlists featuring new talents like J.Cole, XV, Kendrick Lamar, Odd Future (I really like how they take hot new beats like Lemonade and Drop and rap some dope lyrics)... or just request me some stuff.

I made 3 mixtape mixtapes featuring a bunch of different artists from various mixtapes. Might be some stuff on there you like. It's about 60 songs split into 3 downloads.

http://www.mediafire.com/?9irlqhclqbsxqhb
http://www.mediafire.com/?q4l5hhj1j7934jj
http://www.mediafire.com/?y0ii3i66kc3adbj

kamspy

Cedric said:

Let's see...

Tyler - French
Tyler - Yonkers
Mellowhype - Fuck the Police
Earl Sweatshirt - Earl

and that about wraps it up for J.Cole, XV, and OFWGKTA

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
kamspy said:
Let's see...

Tyler - French
Tyler - Yonkers
Earl Sweatshirt - Earl

oh snap. shots fired.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I think OFWGKTA is good but they are overhyped IMO.

kamspy said:
Let's see...

Tyler - French
Tyler - Yonkers
Earl Sweatshirt - Earl

this guy

Kimosabae said:
New video from a new Camp Lo project set to drop:

"80 Blocks from Tiffany's"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uC24lKyAhEI&feature=channel_video_title

Shit is fucking disgusting.

*edit
*there's an issue with the audio, though. Not you speakers.

*Edit2*

Mixtape link:
http://camplo.net/
got damn

Tokubetsu

kamspy said:
Let's see...

Tyler - French
Tyler - Yonkers
Earl Sweatshirt - Earl

As time/GAF-Hop continues, Kamspy becomes more and more an onery old man. Stealing Siddx's hater throne

Acid08

Banned
You guys seen the Adidas commercial that has Freaks and Geeks playing over it? Fuckin crazy, had no idea the song was that big.

Slizz

Acid08 said:
You guys seen the Adidas commercial that has Freaks and Geeks playing over it? Fuckin crazy, had no idea the song was that big.
Crazier thing is he's getting money from Adidas and Puma at the same time. I see ad's all the time on 2dope with Childish Gambino playing ping-pong for some Puma promo.

TheOddOne

enzo_gt said:
Which songs? That shit is gold from straight to back. Ain't a bad song on there.
After finally getting trough all of it, and instant repeat on a couple of them, I stand by my stance. This shit is album quality good.

overcast

Where do you guys go to find out about concerts? I want to go to a hip hop concert this year.

Also I know it's been stated by everybody but Covert Coup is straight up fire son. Is Kendrick Lamar good enough to warrant a dl? Because supposedly he is dropping a mixtape with j. cole this year?

Also Friday Night Lights was up there with albums from last year as one of my favorites. Easily could have been an album. Pretty much every track is quality.

HiResDes

overcast said:
Where do you guys go to find out about concerts? I want to go to a hip hop concert this year.

Also I know it's been stated by everybody but Covert Coup is straight up fire son. Is Kendrick Lamar good enough to warrant a dl? Because supposedly he is dropping a mixtape with j. cole this year?
Kendrick Lamar > J. Cole, but I'm probably the only one that thinks that

HiResDes

overcast said:
Jesus really? Tell me what mixtape to get!!
Just get Overly Dedicated, and then the Kendrick Lamar EP if you like it. Both are fantastic.
MThanded said:
I think they are both good.
Oh undoubtedly, but Kendrick gets much more play out of me, which is funny because when I first heard Overly Dedicated I deleted it maybe an hour later...Then months later I came back to it and I loved it. The Kendrick Lamar EP was nearly just as impressive. I became a Kendrick Lamar stan basically.

Zoramon089 said:
Are you just listening to "The Mouse and the Mask" for the first time?

Oh not at all. The album is on heavy rotation as well as a lot of his other stuff.

I've just started realizing how dope so many of the beats on that album are.

overcast

HiResDes said:
Just get Overly Dedicated, and then the Kendrick Lamar EP if you like it. Both are fantastic.

Oh undoubtedly, but Kendrick gets much more play out of me, which is funny because when I first heard Overly Dedicated I deleted it maybe an hour later...Then months later I came back to it and I loved it. The Kendrick Lamar EP was nearly just as impressive. I became a Kendrick Lamar stan basically.
Alright, I expect this guy to be good regardless if he's anything like Cole. Thanks for the recommendation.

JEKKI

spindashing said:
Already got shared, but the video is new. =( Dat audio.

Damn, black don't crack. Camp Lo aged well.
Camp Lo aged well??

did you sleep on every sub par album they released??

dont get me wrong, I love them, but I only love them out of principle.

JEKKI said:
Camp Lo aged well??

did you sleep on every sub par album they released??

dont get me wrong, I love them, but I only love them out of principle.
"Black don't crack." = A phrase used to describe how well a black person has aged physically throughout the years.

Wasn't talking about the quality of their raps. The only Camp Lo album I have is Uptown Saturday Night and this new 80 Blocks from Tiffany's collaboration with Pete Rock.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
SoulPlaya said:
One of the most misogynistic rappers in recent memory, and now he's being praised for his stances? Lol, you can tell GLAAD (for instance) has never heard him before.

I see him getting praise from himself...

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
kamspy said:
What does GAF Hop think of Beanie Siegal The Truth and The Reason?

Beanie is just your boring ass atypical new york rapper. Nothing remarkable nor offensive about him at all.

JEKKI

spindashing said:
"Black don't crack." = A phrase used to describe how well a black person has aged physically throughout the years.

Wasn't talking about the quality of their raps. The only Camp Lo album I have is Uptown Saturday Night and this new 80 Blocks from Tiffany's collaboration with Pete Rock.
ahh lol. never heard that one before.

yeay I seen them live before, Geechi Suede was rocking a muscle shirt.

I thought to myself got damn I do not want to get into a fight with that guy >_<

HiResDes

783350621-1.jpg

DOWNLOAD OR STREAM

...Will get you high off of contact

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom