• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Who the fuck is Cons carrying weed for if Yeezy doesn't even blaze? He effectively has no use at all.

I remember that random playground jealousy he had towards CuDi. So baseless. At least we got that good Buggin Out remake out of it when they kissed and made up. If it wasn't for Spaceship, I'd probably be a Cons hater.

That said, GOOD music has this weird spot as a label that has the potential to be a hip hop powerhouse but isn't quite there yet. Between Pusha/Mos/Ye/Legend/Common they've got something going. I don't know if the era of huge cliques and powerful label has completely passed, but besides Young Money I can't recall any other powerhouses of the sort.

PBY

Banned
enzo_gt said:
besides Young Money I can't recall any other powerhouses of the sort.
Maybach-Music-Group-presents-Self-Made-Vol-1.jpg

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
peterb0y said:
Who are the other two guys again? I'm looking at the wiki and, aside from Wale and Ross.. Yeah I'm not seeing anything else of note or power there.

Not a fan of Pill, or Wale, but I respect Wale's position as a person of relative power. I don't think only 2 people qualify for a powerhouse if their carrying the entire weight.

TheOddOne

How many labels in Wale on now? Allido, Interscope, RocNation, Warner and now Maybach. He's just dickriding any hot for a month labels.

Cudi sells okay too. Not Kanye numbers but he does alright for himself.

Can we not enter a GOOD Music stan-fest? How about dat No Limit? AWWW YEAAAA

PBY

Banned
enzo_gt said:
Who are the other two guys again? I'm looking at the wiki and, aside from Wale and Ross.. Yeah I'm not seeing anything else of note or power there.

Not a fan of Pill, or Wale, but I respect Wale's position as a person of relative power. I don't think only 2 people qualify for a powerhouse if their carrying the entire weight.
Pill and Meek Mill... I don't seriously think that they're a powerhouse, I mostly just wanted to post that ridiculous picture

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
PhoenixDark said:
How is GOOD Music a "powerhouse" when they have two artists who sell records (Kanye and Legend) and a bunch of tax write offs?
Because Pusha and Mos Def will have albums and are seasoned vets of the game. Notice I didn't list CyHi or Big Sean.

Speaking of No Limit, man, where the fuck is Mannie Fresh? Best thing ever to come out of Cash Money. I wonder what YM would be like with him still there. I mean he's done jack shit since he left, if the cheques stopped coming from Cash Money, where did he start getting them from? Welfare?

And shut up spin, GOOD love doesn't happen enough here in-between Yeezy hate. EMBRACE THE LOVE. >:|

kamspy

HiResDes said:
Asher Roth fucking kills that shit, forgot how ill that song was, easily my favorite from the EP.

Yeah. Roth really goes in. I'm getting more interested in the guy the more I hear from him. Still never heard the retail album or anything before the hard to pronounce quiche mixtape and rawth.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I used to play the hell out of that twinz album back in the day. The Dove Shack album too.

exarkun

kamspy said:
http://nahright.com/news/2011/04/22/video-asher-roth-nottz-enforce-the-law/

Nottz and Roth take on Training Day in the video to the best track on Rawth. Nottz really shouldn't be rapping though.

EDIT: Nottz and Roth kinda work as group. They fill in each others weaknesses almost perfectly.

they go hard. Check out Seared Fois Gras for Asher though. Such a good tape. Wish he would put out more stuff.

Though I heard he was working on the album? dude was moving and wanted to start it in the studio he made.

After giving it an honest listen, I might go as far as to say that I've enjoyed Zero Heroes more than Everybody's Nobody.

Yep.

Something about the production and his apparent hungriness.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Whoops you talking about karmin lol. Thought you were talking about katy B I was about to go in.

Tokubetsu

MThanded said:
She is not the black chick rapping. You are telling me the chick singing is more annoying than nikki minaj. You are on mdma. Quit your bullshitting.

I put Shinobi on to her a couple months back. Love Katy B.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Tokubetsu said:
I put Shinobi on to her a couple months back. Love Katy B.
He was talking about karmin I see so I had to let them comments slide.

I am new to Katy B but I am a fan. I might have to import her album. Glad to see there are others who like her. Reminds me of joss stone. Where the eff is joss stone?

DominoKid

MThanded said:
I know this is the hip hop thread but I think yall should check out Katy B. Talented and good looking. Got damn.

http://media.detailsofmylife.net/uploads/2011/02/katy+b+album+Cover.jpg[IMG]

[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJNXXuAxkfk[/url]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1Ynf2ScKiA[/url]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUumJcrnwbs[/url]
[url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M_ZftrTodU0[/url]

Report back.

I know I may get clowned for posting this but this girl is quality. Her album has not had a US release yet.[/QUOTE]

fuck me this chick is awful. her producers should've saved those hot beats for themselves.

m3k

&Divius said:
It's..glorious!

On a sidenote; I love all of DOOMs (+ other aliases) work but somehow I have never listened to Operation Doomsday yet. Guess I've been saving it.

you did it backwards

edit: im about to head out and see two members of bonethugs perform in sydney

am not looking forward to shitty support acts...

LOZLINK

m3k said:
you did it backwards

lol the bank. Expect it to be full of douches.
Edit: thought you were going to the afterparty, my bad. What time is the actual concert?

CRS

m3k said:
you did it backwards

Which two members? Flesh and Layzie?

Damn shame about Krayzie leaving the group but if it helps Chasing the Devil get released sooner, I'm all for it. Krayzie had the only solo career that I ever liked.

m3k

ChldRebelSoldr said:
Which two members? Flesh and Layzie?

Damn shame about Krayzie leaving the group but if it helps Chasing the Devil get released sooner, I'm all for it. Krayzie had the only solo career that I ever liked.

it says krazy and wish bone... so if its true that should be ok, shame about the others

m3k

ChldRebelSoldr said:
Sweet. Hope you have a good show. Would love to see Krayzie perform his solo material live.

thanks champ, hopefully its not delayed too long i have to get up at 3:10 in the morning

overcast

spindashing said:
After giving it an honest listen, I might go as far as to say that I've enjoyed Zero Heroes more than Everybody's Nobody.

Yep.

Something about the production and his apparent hungriness.
Yeah. The mixtape was surprisingly good. I would put it somewhere at the top of his stuff.

m3k

Jason's Ultimatum said:
So Ja Rule released a new single called Real Life Fantasy.

lol irony?

well krazy and wish bone were really good... even if it was just them too, krazy didnt do any new stuff which i wouldnt have known anyway... ah except a song with akon? i try so hard or something

anyway they did pretty much their biggest songs except resurection... and i wish they did weed man, but that wasnt really krazy or wish so yeah

anyway fuck yeah that was dope, their tributes to eazy, big and pac were great too (and nate dogg :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom