• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grzi

siddx said:
Beanie is just your boring ass atypical new york rapper. Nothing remarkable nor offensive about him at all.

Beanie is great. The B.Coming was an awesome album. His first two albums are pretty good too.

YoungHav

Banned
we bust raps like we bust these gats, we the type of people that don't bury the hatch.

This album is fuckin nice. P and Freddie Gibbs did their thing. Currensy brung it, Alchemist's production fucking freed white people. Aaaaaaah 4/20 motherfucker!

TheOddOne

kamspy said:
What does GAF Hop think of Beanie Siegal The Truth and The Reason?
Just go straight to The B. Coming.

YoungHav said:
This album is fuckin nice. P and Freddie Gibbs did their thing. Currensy brung it, Alchemist's production fucking freed white people. Aaaaaaah 4/20 motherfucker!
...what?

YoungHav said:
we bust raps like we bust these gats, we the type of people that don't bury the hatch.

x2. Currensy is the man.

kamspy

I.....I......I

I think I like the new Atmosphere. No I don't...well. Maybe a little. FUCK.

Any GAF hoppers wanna play Portal 2 co-op sometime? My co-op buddy is a procrastinating bastard.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

kamspy

enzo_gt said:
Best? In bottom half of GOOD music artists if we're ranking em. He's still alright though.

They just have a bunch of teasers with Big Sean, with him doing what he does best: bullshittin.

What is the roster?

I might be missing a few but I'd go

GLC
Kid Cudi
Pusha T
Common
Big Sean
Fonzworth Bentley
Kanye West

kamspy said:
What is the roster?

I might be missing a few but I'd go

GLC
Kid Cudi
Pusha T
Common
Big Sean
Fonzworth Bentley
Kanye West

Rapping ability? Why is Cudi so high? I'm one of the biggest Cudi fans but even I can't admit to that shit.

Common + Mos Def
GLC
Pusha T
Kanye West
Kid Cudi
Other worthless people

Is Cons still with GOOD? Lol...

kamspy

I don't rank on rapping ability. I rank on ability to make music. The Kanye ranking was obviously a joke. I've never made it known to GAF HOP, but I love Kid Cudi.

I think Consequence is still carrying weed for GOOD. Didn't know Mos signed. Wonder if an album will ever come out. Sure hope Ye gets behind it if so. I have some misguided blind faith that Mos has a 5 mic'er in him.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Where is John Legend on both of your lists? GAF, I am disappoint. Otherwise I kind of agree with both of your lists
With a much higher Ye + CuDi ranking, ofcourse.

Oh, I agree with your list then. I'd put Big Sean a bit lower; I find him pretty generic. (I'm almost finding XV to be just as generic, thanks a fucking lot, GAF-HOP!)

Forgot about Legend. Kanye's label has too many people; next thing you know, Nas is signed...

kamspy

Big John Legend fan too. I wish he'd make an album with better pacing though. His shit get a little too Jam Session-y sometimes. The talent is amazing though.

PBY

Banned
spindashing said:
Oh, I agree with your list then. I'd put Big Sean a bit lower; I find him pretty generic. (I'm almost finding XV to be just as generic, thanks a fucking lot, GAF-HOP!)

Forgot about Legend. Kanye's label has too many people; next thing you know, Nas is signed...
XV is a million times better than Big Sean, his new mixtape is fucking awesome, one of this years best

kamspy

peterb0y said:
XV is a million times better than Big Sean, his new mixtape is fucking awesome, one of this years best

*note to self*

self said:
if I'm a mildly average rapper, I can get thousands of fans just by name dropping and sampling video game stuff

*end note to self*

John Legend is cool people.

Lol @ that link, by the way.

I need to download XV's new mixtape; maybe that will reinstill some of my hope in him.

kamspy

spindashing said:
John Legend is cool people.

Lol @ that link, by the way.

I laughed out loud at almost every single post on that blog, and I still go back to read it every month or so. Best rap blog ever. Wish they would update it. Maybe that's my calling...

kamspy

Razor 81 said:
Does someone know the title of this song? I tried to remake the melody in Flstudio:)'))

http://www11.zippyshare.com/v/75373/file.html

I dont really listen to hiphop but this thing is stuck in my head for days now and its driving me insane not knowing where its from.

Help!

Not sure but if you like that sound you need to check out the new E-40 albums. He uses that fuzzy bass thing on almost every beat and it's fucking slappin.

PBY

Banned
kamspy said:
Not sure but if you like that sound you need to check out the new E-40 albums. He uses that fuzzy bass thing on almost every beat and it's fucking slappin.
bangs in the truck yo

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Everybodys Nobody, which was the apparent cream of the crop from XV was a bit dryer than I expected. I don't think I'll check out anything from him for a while.

@spin If we ever get a Nas signed to GOOD music, I guess it'd be cool, but I don't know how Nas can functionally save himself now. And the notion of Nas being under Jay and then Ye next is just.. Odd. Odd to plain wrong.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
kamspy said:
Soon Nas will sign to Memphis Bleek's new Kush Gang label.
I'm happy Bleek isn't salty and blaming it (it being his colossal failure as an artist) all on Jay cause Jay did a lot for him but..

Kush Gang son? :lol

I was joking when I said Nas going to GOOD Music...

I don't think I'd want to see that lol.

I wouldn't mind Lupe joining, in all seriousness. Leaving Atlantic after his contract with them is over would be great.

TheOddOne

Razor 81 said:
holy shit, give this man some cookies!! thanks brah!
aRv2q.gif

NP

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
peterb0y said:
:/

It has this song on it, which is beyond dope
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RqAvR5epLeI

edit: I'm becoming a one man XV defense force...
Thats actually my favourite song off of the tape. This and Mirrors Edge are the two both incredibly dope songs on there. The rest? Throwaways or experimental tracks that have nothing special or memorable about them at all. I mean I appreciate the effort, but he seems like (to me) that hasn't really figured out what he does best yet. Neither do I know really.

I don't want to put the guy down because I think he has potential and I want to like him, but Everybodys Nobody made him sound like a poor man's Ye.

@spin There have been rumblings of Nas perhaps being courted by Ye and GOOD, I wouldn't put it out of the bounds of possibility just yet.

Kimosabae

Banned
kobashi100 said:

Jesus, Canibus will never grow as a person/artist. Even a snake knows when to shed its skin.

I will admit, the snippet is nice.

kamspy said:
I.....I......I

I think I like the new Atmosphere. No I don't...well. Maybe a little. FUCK.

Atmosphere makes great music. You say that's what you appreciate, if that's true, you'll find it in Atmo. This is coming from someone that is not a fan.

Curious as to what prejudices you're in clear conflict with regarding them.

I remember Cons threw a hissy fit after Pusha T dropped the words "last supper" on My God. I'm not even joking. Google that.

Then Cons threw a hissy fit over Cudi for no apparent reason years ago.

Cons is the jealous middle child of GOOD.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom