• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Detox said:
Warren G's tribute song to Nate Dogg is crazy good, it's coming out tomorow with all proceeds going directly to Nate Dogg's mother and the Nate Dogg Foundation. I think he called out Dre for saying Nate can't sing, fucked up that they're brothers I guess Dre didn't get him on Detox. Warren G f. LaToya Williams "This Is Dedicated To You"

Em and Royce are finally going to do the Bad meets Evil EP with Havoc apparently producing on it. Hopefully Em brings the Slim Shady/ first three album shit back and doesn't just scream down the mic.

Want a quote of Dre saying that.. Because I have heard nothing of the such. He wanted Nate on Kush from I heard but he was unable to produce..

Detox

Blackace said:
Want a quote of Dre saying that.. Because I have heard nothing of the such. He wanted Nate on Kush from I heard but he was unable to produce..
No doubt Dre would want Nate on Kush and other Detox tracks, in my post I meant Warren G isn't on Detox. I'm going to assume this was earlier when they were just getting together and Dre didn't really show love to Warren G and what he was doing. Although I have to say it is a bit shocking considering this on wiki
213 recorded their first demo in the back of the famed V.I.P record store in Long Beach, the demo was later heard by Dr. Dre at a house party and he was instantly hooked on the soulful voice of Nate.
The citation leads to a dead site so I'm not sure if it's true. Then again Warren G has no reason to lie about Dre especially on a heartfelt tribute to one of his closest friends.

Blackace

Detox said:
No doubt Dre would want Nate on Kush and other Detox tracks. I'm going to assume this was earlier when they were just getting together and Dre didn't really show love to Warren G and what he was doing. Although I have to say it is a bit shocking considering this on wiki The citation leads to a dead site so I'm not sure if it's true. Then again Warren G has no reason to lie about Dre especially on a heartfelt tribute to one of his closest friends.

Can't sing sounds like unable to sing because of his condition and Dre just kept it pushing... Instead of helping him

Detox

Blackace said:
Can't sing sounds like unable to sing because of his condition and Dre just kept it pushing... Instead of helping him
Never thought of it in that way, but that actually sounds realistic instead of the shit I came up with. Re-listening your idea sounds much more likely. I guess Nate was recovering from his earlier strokes and Dre didn't think he had it in him any more. We will probably never know if Nate did recover or if he wasn't up to recording. If he still had it then fuck Dre as Warren G says in the song Kush was basically Akon biting Nate's style.

In terms of helping Nate, Dre doesn't seem like he is interested in anyone who drops off. Instead he cuts his ties with them and moves on. Look at the way he has treated D.O.C, shit Dre should pay for his surgery and be looking out for him. Instead the guy that was there at the inception of Death Row and Aftermath hasn't got shit and asks Jay Z for money to set up a new label.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
That Luda/Slaughterhouse song for the F5 movie is depressing. All of slaughterhouse comes hard but the beat is so damn awful and the hook makes me want to punch a kitten in the face.

siddx

kamspy said:
Nate Dogg was on Kush. I'm a trippin?

I thought so too. "Hoooold up, wait a minute" his voice was on there, I am 100% sure. Maybe it was just an old voice sample.

At 1:26...maybe it's just an impersonator since it sounds kind of off
edit: yeah the more I listen to it it sounds like a cheap imitation of nate dogg

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Detox said:
Never thought of it in that way, but that actually sounds realistic instead of the shit I came up with. Re-listening your idea sounds much more likely. I guess Nate was recovering from his earlier strokes and Dre didn't think he had it in him any more. We will probably never know if Nate did recover or if he wasn't up to recording. If he still had it then fuck Dre as Warren G says in the song Kush was basically Akon biting Nate's style.

In terms of helping Nate, Dre doesn't seem like he is interested in anyone who drops off. Instead he cuts his ties with them and moves on. Look at the way he has treated D.O.C, shit Dre should pay for his surgery and be looking out for him. Instead the guy that was there at the inception of Death Row and Aftermath hasn't got shit and asks Jay Z for money to set up a new label.

Yeah, I wish I could link that interview with Warren G when he talks about Dre doing him dirty after he left Deathrow. Basically telling him he was on his own and not to expect any help from him. Search Youtube for "Why Warren G and Dre never did a song" or something like that. I am at work and YT is blocked up here. Warren seemed like he was about to shed some tears just talking about it. That is some cold ass shit. Sam Sneed tells a similiar story as well about being left out in the cold by Dre. Brother or half-brother, you don't do him like that.

But the reality might be that Dre doesn't have that kind of pull. Maybe he is just a Jimmy Iovine puppet and Jimmy isn't checking for Warren, DOC, or anyone. While I understand it isn't dre's job to take care of grown ass men, he has to see that without them he wouldn't be where he is today. Not like he would be helping people with no talent. They all have talent. Maybe Dre is the West Coast Diddy, lol.

Detox

You guys made me look up Kush on wiki to see if Nate was sampled he wasn't but then I saw it was produced by Khalil, Dre isn't even co-producer. If Dre isn't even going to produce Detox then he can go fuck himself, bullshit about doing it for the fans.

Dre isn't west coast Diddy but the singles he's released on Detox haven't helped him one bit. I mean why would this many people write one song (Kush): K. Rahman, A. Young, A. Thiam, A. Johson D. Tannenbaum, A. Ransom, M. Jones III, B. Honeycutt.

Jimmy Iovine is going to eventually fuck Dre over. As D.O.C said Jimmy pimps beats by Dre more than Dre does. Eventually once Dre gets really old, Jimmy Iovine will find a way to drop Dre from beats and just sell them as beats and no one will care.

siddx

dskillzhtown said:
Yeah, I wish I could link that interview with Warren G when he talks about Dre doing him dirty after he left Deathrow. Basically telling him he was on his own and not to expect any help from him. Search Youtube for "Why Warren G and Dre never did a song" or something like that. I am at work and YT is blocked up here. Warren seemed like he was about to shed some tears just talking about it. That is some cold ass shit. Sam Sneed tells a similiar story as well about being left out in the cold by Dre. Brother or half-brother, you don't do him like that.

But the reality might be that Dre doesn't have that kind of pull. Maybe he is just a Jimmy Iovine puppet and Jimmy isn't checking for Warren, DOC, or anyone. While I understand it isn't dre's job to take care of grown ass men, he has to see that without them he wouldn't be where he is today. Not like he would be helping people with no talent. They all have talent. Maybe Dre is the West Coast Diddy, lol.

Reading interviews from people like DOC and others in reference to Dre, to me it seems like Dre is a very self focused person. He isn't trying to be cold and mean or backstab. He doesn't cut ties or drop people because he is attempting to be cold or ruthless. He just has trouble looking outside of his own little world, ego, and drive.

Speaking of ex dre pet projects, anyone remember Knoc-turn-al?

Detox

siddx said:
I want / need an RBX album produced by Dre, classic:
Seven execution style murders
I have no remorse cuz I'm the fuckin murderer
Haven't you ever heard of a killer?
I drop bombs like Hiroshima

siddx

Detox said:
I want / need an RBX album produced by Dre, classic:
Seven execution style murders
I have no remorse cuz I'm the fuckin murderer
Haven't you ever heard of a killer?
I drop bombs like Hiroshima

RBX was interesting, lyrically he could either be fairly clever or downright awful. But his delivery and voice was unique enough that he was always entertaining.

siddx said:

The track Timbaland made with him was pretty crazy, loved it back then.
I'm sad Tim and Dre never made that 'Chairmen of the Boards' album they kept talking about years ago. They were both dropping monstrous beats regularly at the time so the album would've no doubt been incredible. I wonder if anything was actually recorded for it...?

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I know I'm super LTTP, but I finally got around to (trying) to watch the video for "I need a Doctor."

Holy shit, what were they thinking? Godawful lip syncing, stupid ass concept, weird, creepy Skylar Grey....awful, awful video.

Divius

Beastie Boys facebook: said:
Good people, unfortunately due to circumstances beyond our control, the "clean" version of our new album, The Hot Sauce Committee pt 2 has leaked.
So as a hostile and retaliatory measure with great hubris we are making the full explicit aka filthy dirty nasty version available for streaming on our new site. We hope this brings much happiness, hugs, and harmony. Enjoy Kikoos for life!
Thank you, The Management
Listen @ http://hotsaucecommittee.com/

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
&Divius said:

I guess I am the only person who doesn't care for current Beastie Boys at all. I liked the first album, Paul's Boutique and that is it. Outside of a few singles in the past decade, it all seems like experimental music with a beat.

No disrespect to their past, just not for me.

Nabs

Detox said:
Warren G's tribute song to Nate Dogg is crazy good, it's coming out tomorow with all proceeds going directly to Nate Dogg's mother and the Nate Dogg Foundation. I think he called out Dre for saying Nate can't sing, fucked up that they're brothers I guess Dre didn't get him on Detox. Warren G f. LaToya Williams "This Is Dedicated To You"

Em and Royce are finally going to do the Bad meets Evil EP with Havoc apparently producing on it. Hopefully Em brings the Slim Shady/ first three album shit back and doesn't just scream down the mic.

He was talking about his actual Doctor.

siddx

dskillzhtown said:
I guess I am the only person who doesn't care for current Beastie Boys at all. I liked the first album, Paul's Boutique and that is it. Outside of a few singles in the past decade, it all seems like experimental music with a beat.

No disrespect to their past, just not for me.

I agree 100% with everything you just said

Ovid

enzo_gt said:
That Watch The Throne and Yeezy 2s are coming...

RIFJf.jpg
Oh yeah!!!!

Is that Jay-Z coming out of the Benz?

effzee

Detox said:

Wait what really? Its finally happening? Thought their last song "Echo" was pretty good.

Recon

Banned
Finally listening to that new XV, i gotta say i am really feelin it, the production is great, especially that J.Cole beat.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Dre said that he wanted Nate on Detox but he was in and out of hospitals, so he didn't want to force a collabo while his health was not proper. Don't know where the Dre hate is coming from randomly.

Also, coming home today is amazing. Bad Meets Evil EP, Dimes in the Can I Live video, Luda x Slaughterhouse joint for Fast Five soundtrack thats dope as fuck, Beastie Boys album out there, ffffffuuuuuuuuuuu

Edit:
kamspy said:
Hov is rollin in a 500 these days? Damn. Big homie done fell off.
:lol

Blackace

dskillzhtown said:

Dre has been shitting on Warren G forever.. stole Snoop and Nate Dogg got them signed and left his brother out in the cold.. in fact he could have easily signed 213 as a whole but didn't..They are half brothers so their beef is some personal family shit.. Dre is greedy and slimy and a mark at times... but if I can forgive MJ for fondling kids because of Thriller then Dre gets the same pass of Chronic and 2001

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Blackace said:
Dre has been shitting on Warren G forever.. stole Snoop and Nate Dogg got them signed and left his brother out in the cold.. in fact he could have easily signed 213 as a whole but didn't..They are half brothers so their beef is some personal family shit.. Dre is greedy and slimy and a mark at times... but if I can forgive MJ for fondling kids because of Thriller then Dre gets the same pass of Chronic and 2001
What about Dee Barnes? I mean, MJ didn't fondle those kids but Dre definitely slapped Dee Barnes.

Also, I don't have a problem with that F5 beat but the hook is annoying. Joey definitely blacked out on that.

m3k

pusha t song is good

i dont like the luda slaughterhouse song on first listen... defnitely the beat and chorus's fault

Blackace

enzo_gt said:
What about Dee Barnes? I mean, MJ didn't fondle those kids but Dre definitely slapped Dee Barnes.

Also, I don't have a problem with that F5 beat but the hook is annoying. Joey definitely blacked out on that.

All forgiven for those two albums plus NWA and the DOC..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom