• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
enzo_gt said:
What about Dee Barnes? I mean, MJ didn't fondle those kids but Dre definitely slapped Dee Barnes.

Also, I don't have a problem with that F5 beat but the hook is annoying. Joey definitely blacked out on that.

He slapped some broad who had a big mouth, prick move on his part but it's not like he tied her up and set her on fire.
And MJ most certainly molested those children, fuck him and his pedophile ass.

soultron

Banned
Finally got into taking a bite out of the Rockwell Powers + Ill Pill tape.

God, it's great. It reminds me of early Atmosphere stuff, in a way.

So glad you guys make great recommendations.

siddx

soultron said:
Did you meet them at a combination Pizza Hut and Taco Bell?

It's combination KFC and Taco Bell damnit, get it straight motherfucker!

siddx

soultron said:
I thought so too, but I googled it and it's actually PH/TB.

In real life though, yeah, all I've seen are combo KFC/PHs.

Goddamn hipster producers making up restaurant combinations.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
siddx said:
He slapped some broad who had a big mouth, prick move on his part but it's not like he tied her up and set her on fire.
And MJ most certainly molested those children, fuck him and his pedophile ass.
he made thriller man... ...thriller.

Blackace said:
All forgiven for those two albums plus NWA and the DOC..
D.O.C.'s whole situation is so sad for someone with so much talent. Wasn't dude finally getting surgery like decades later now or what? What happened with that? I heard he was finally getting some work done to repair his vocal chords and then nothing.

siddx

enzo_gt said:
he made thriller man... ...thriller.

D.O.C.'s whole situation is so sad for someone with so much talent. Wasn't dude finally getting surgery like decades later now or what? What happened with that? I heard he was finally getting some work done to repair his vocal chords and then nothing.

He could have made me a birthday cake with a million dollars inside. He'd still be a pedophile.

The M.O.B

Yet another mixtape from Charles Hamiliton

*Click Pic for Link

According to his Wiki, this makes it his 37'th mixtape.......................... O_O

EDIT: Not to mention like 5 free albums.

overcast

Now I'm listening to Never Better again. One of the bettter albums of the last decade. Doesn't he have another album coming out this year?

coldvein

Banned
overcast said:
Now I'm listening to Never Better again. One of the bettter albums of the last decade. Doesn't he have another album coming out this year?

P.O.S. doesn't get nearly enough respect on hiphop-gaf. the aptly named NEVER BETTER is easily the best rap record of the last decade. nothing touches it.

Acid08

Banned
coldvein said:
P.O.S. doesn't get nearly enough respect on hiphop-gaf. the aptly named NEVER BETTER is easily the best rap record of the last decade. nothing touches it.
I don't know about best but it is definitely really high up there. He does social commentary in an actually effective way unlike Nas, Lupe, etc.

coldvein

Banned
Acid08 said:
I don't know about best but it is definitely really high up there. He does social commentary in an actually effective way unlike Nas, Lupe, etc.

i'm not even trying to overhype it, i really think it's the best. nothing sounds as real, raw, rugged as that album. and the lyrics are just a fucking trip. total genius. listening to never better i feel like i'm listening to some shit that is simply on a level above everything else. haven't felt that way about a record since the one that is my username.

Recon

Banned
The M.O.B said:
Yet another mixtape from Charles Hamiliton

http://www.mediafire.com/?s8afb0c5f35jctp

*Click Pic for Link

According to his Wiki, this makes it his 37'th mixtape.......................... O_O

EDIT: Not to mention like 5 free albums.

I always wanted to like Hamilton, he has a handful of songs i still listen to, and i have to admit Brooklyn Girls was catchy as hell, but he just isnt that great.

Acid08

Banned
I enjoy Audition almost as much, that shit is super raw.

soultron said:
Excuse me for my ignorance on some dude who has a metric tonne of mixtapes, but how is he?

Anyone to compare him to or who's clearly inspired by him? Self-produced?

Good links to stand out tracks in his career?

He punched a cop, he's cool in my book.

soultron

Banned
Acid08 said:
Go secure the new Beasties album. I'm going to keep talking about it till someone on here does.
Used to be a huge Beastie fan growing up, but 5B really killed my love for them. And they were the only hip hop I ever listened to as a kid. (Yes, I spent the better part of the mid-'00s, and up to the current day, discovering how awesome hip hop was in the late '80s and the entirety of the '90s.)

That new video thing was funny in a few parts, but overall, it really sucked. Song was good though.

Acid08

Banned
soultron said:
Used to be a huge Beastie fan growing up, but 5B really killed my love for them. And they were the only hip hop I ever listened to as a kid. (Yes, I spent the better part of the mid-'00s, and up to the current day, discovering how awesome hip hop was in the late '80s and the entirety of the '90s.)

That new video thing was funny in a few parts, but overall, it really sucked. Song was good though.
Really strong Paul's Boutique vibe on the new album.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
soultron said:
Excuse me for my ignorance on some dude who has a metric tonne of mixtapes, but how is he?

Anyone to compare him to or who's clearly inspired by him? Self-produced?

Good links to stand out tracks in his career?
One of his only good songs.

Dude puts out a ton of music, most of it is arguably shit because it's all failed experiments put on display. I commend him for his effort, but the final product is usually not that great. If you want a mixtape, pick up the Best of the Hamiltonization Process, which is a best of, of quite a few of his mixtapes he put out around a certain period. Dude has talent, but can't hone it. Oh and he's in and out of mental hospitals.

coldvein

Banned
Acid08 said:
I enjoy Audition almost as much, that shit is super raw.

i personally think Audition is the weakest of the three albums.

Never Better > Ipecac > Audition.

that said, i still love Audition and feel that it's better than 99% of the rap out there right now. i've seen p.o.s. live a few times, and when he was touring behind Audition right when it came out, those shows were fucking RIPPERS. stef standing on a crate in the middle of the crowd screaming, everybody screaming, felt like it should've been in a back alley covered in broken glass and barbed wire. same with the Never Better tour. just fucking insane. if you ever get the opportunity to check a doomtree show in person, do not miss it.

soultron

Banned
I have heard this guy before. I find him totally forgettable though, that's my problem with him. Some good production on the tracks I just checked, and your suggestions, but his delivery just doesn't stick with me.

I find his voice more interesting than his actual delivery. Lyrically I don't really find him that deep either.

Biggest problem I find is that his songs are too long and don't have enough differentiation between parts to even justify being that long in the first place.

Recon

Banned
soultron said:
I have heard this guy before. I find him totally forgettable though, that's my problem with him. Some good production on the tracks I just checked, and your suggestions, but his delivery just doesn't stick with me.

I find his voice more interesting than his actual delivery. Lyrically I don't really find him that deep either.

Thats the thing. He has talent, but he rarely uses it. I kept listening hoping i would find something of substance...it just really isnt there.

HiResDes

Sims (of Doomtree) - Bad Time Zoos

273.jpg

Samples

Future Shock

Too Much Ft. P.O.S.

Hey You

Kimosabae

Banned
coldvein said:
i'm not even trying to overhype it, i really think it's the best. nothing sounds as real, raw, rugged as that album. and the lyrics are just a fucking trip. total genius. listening to never better i feel like i'm listening to some shit that is simply on a level above everything else. haven't felt that way about a record since the one that is my username.

Ugh, you got me. I'll bite.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
overcast said:
Don't punch him!

Wait wasn't Charles Hamilton the dude who got slapped by a girl while freestyling?
1.gif

Charles Hamilton did the whole goofball rapper thing way before Big Sean. On a whole other level.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom