• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
kamspy said:
Actually.....yeah.

COCK LIGHT CHRISTMAS LIGHTS STROBE LIGHTS BLACK LIGHTS NEWPORT LIGHTS BRAKE LIGHTS LITE BRITES PILOT LIGHTS PEN LIGHTS STOVE LIGHTS NORTHERN LIGHTS

Throw fergie and elton john on it and you got a hit man.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
siddx said:
Whatever it was, it was better than anything Kanye has done in years :p
kamspy said:
Fergie was the best part about the song.
wenn2479961.jpg

I admit, it made me laugh.

coldvein

Banned
HiResDes said:
Sick, seems to have a good presence would definitely check out live.

yeah, sims is pretty great on stage. and dessa is full 100% well endowed intellectual rapping female sex. i'll let you know how it goes.

The M.O.B said:
Reason #235 why 50 Cent is barbage.

Let's see that privatecookie guy try and defend this bs.

#1 The song is trash. Thats for DAVID GUETTA's album, and it's called staying revalent in the uk.

all of kanye's recent singles flopped over there. while 50 Cent & Mann's buzzin blew up over there,and down on me currently sits @#4 over here with 1.8 million sold.

and why would 50 be mad that lil wanye is selling records? Get Rich Or Die Tryin' outsold lil wanye's ENTIRE catalogue, think about that....

Eminem is his boss and friend,him selling records is a good thing for 50.

50 stated countless times that techno is NOT the direction he's going with his album but you people pick and chose what to point out and hate on. *shrugs*

50 Cent – Keep It Moving (prod. Timbaland) [2007 Unreleased Leak]

This leaked but no one posted, but you chose the worst possible song to post...-_-

Divius

overcast said:
Wax is actually pretty damn good. Makes some chill ass music. Have to get used to his voice I think.
I agree. I've been really digging his youtube stuff+random vids/previous albums and Scrublife is great EXCEPT for that damn fucking DJ that keeps talking through tracks. Shut the hell up dammit. "I'm the world famous DJ Ski.." NO SHUT UP I DONT KNOW YOU "..and you already know how we do" NO YOU RUIN TRACKS THAT IS WHAT YOU DO.

When Scrublife was released I mentioned it in here but go no response :(

ThePrivateCookie said:
#1 The song is trash. Thats for DAVID GUETTA's album, and it's called staying revalent in the uk.

all of kanye's recent singles flopped over there. while 50 Cent mann's buzzin blew up over there,and down on me currently sits @#4 over here with 1.8 million sold.

and why would 50 be mad that lil wanye is selling records? Get Rich Or Die Tryin' outsold lil wanye's WHOLE catalogue, think about that....

Eminem is his boss and friend,him selling records is a good thing for 50.

50 stated countless times that techno is NOT the direction he's going with his album but you people pick and chose what to point out and hate one *shrugs*

50 Cent – Keep It Moming (prod. Timbaland) [2007 Leak]

This leaked but no one posted, but you chose the worst possible song to post...-_-
lmao

Wake me up when 50 sells more than Kanye or Wayne. No one is talking about past laurels but 50 Cent stans and Notre Dame fans.

PhoenixDark said:
lmao

Wake me up when 50 sells more than Kanye or Wayne. No one is talking about past laurels but 50 Cent stans and Notre Dame fans.

it's not going to be hard.....it's not like kanye is lighting the charts on fire, MBDTF is only at like 1.2 million, and 50 sold 600k recently with BISD with no hits.....more then any of the new artist you guys hype around here and yet this is a "Flop" lol (for 50 it is but i'm just saying)

nicki minaj out sold kanye and she's a brand new artist......

Lil Wanye now is a different story, but he's the hottest rapper right now, but it's not 2008.

lil wanye's highest selling album since Tha Carter III is at around 800k, we'll see how Tha Carter IV does tho...

Jay Sosa

siddx said:
I tried to pimp the shit out of this mixtape a few times over the last month. I think Hires bit but other than that I don't think anybody paid attention. Glad you found it as awesome as I did though.

Maybe now they will! Since I'm one of the most beloved members on GAF. They like me so much that out of respect most people are afraid to reply to anything I post.
:C

That Wax song is great..even though american beer is really awful(I know he isn't serious about that), just like most of the german beer some rappers think tastes good. Czech and Austrian beer is where it's at.

EDIT²: Dude's pretty good, thanks

Wax - Crazy Ex

EDIT³:

Bubble Guts

rofl

CRS

Not really sure why (not sober right now so that probably has something to do with it) but I've decided to through this thread from the beginning and pick out mixtapes/albums that I've missed. I'm up to 10 mixtapes so far and only 6 pages in. Hopefully I'll have enough hard drive space.

Starting off with this and really enjoying it.
leStop.jpg

Jay Sosa

ChldRebelSoldr said:
Not really sure why (not sober right now so that probably has something to do with it) but I've decided to through this thread from the beginning and pick out mixtapes/albums that I've missed. I'm up to 10 mixtapes so far and only 6 pages in. Hopefully I'll have enough hard drive space.

Starting off with this and really enjoying it.
http://www.2dopeboyz.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/leStop.jpg[/QUOTE]

If you love this also get his Quiktape. Beautiful Struggle was my second or third favorite tape last year (favorite was either Quest or Krit). He may not be the most lyrical dude but he knows how to ride a beat and the production is brilliant.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
ThePrivateCookie said:
it's not going to be hard.....it's not like kanye is lighting the charts on fire, MBDTF is only at like 1.2 million, and 50 sold 600k recently with BISD with no hits.....more then any of the new artist you guys hype around here and yet this is a "Flop" lol (for 50 it is but i'm just saying)

Lil Wanye now is a different story, but he's the hottest rapper right now, but it's not 2008.

lil wanye's highest selling album since Tha Carter III is at around 800k, we'll see how Tha Carter IV does tho...
you are on crack

MThanded

ThePrivateCookie said:
i just stated facts....maybe you ned to take a sniff of reality lol
No way is 50 gonna outsell kanye. I actually like some of 50's work but its really not going to happen. I think in general you would have a hard time selling that idea to anyone. Even self proclaimed 50 stans would have to take a step back on that one.

MThanded said:
No way is 50 gonna outsell kanye. I actually like some of 50's work but its really not going to happen. I think in general you would have a hard time selling that idea to anyone. Even self proclaimed 50 stands would have to take a step back on that one.

..........he's outsold kayne mutiple times throughout his career and they've both been on the decline since that spetember 11th 9 (fake)"battle". No one thought kanye would win, but he did.

To act like it's not a possibly is abusurd, since 50 still does bigger tours than kanye around the world SOLO....#'s from last year

75 50 Cent
Forest National
Brussels, Belgium
Feb. 26, 2010
$283,651
5,000 / 7,960
1 / 0
$60.75, $56.70
Live Nation International

118 50 Cent, David John, Skept & Boy Better Manchester Evening News Arena
Manchester, U.K.
March 25, 2010
$484,730
9,521 /
1 /
$52.25, $44.78
Geestar

thats just two i have more numbers to back this up.

only way kanye is doing those numbers is if he gets invited to fetivals or he does the uk or us

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Whatever 50 pays you to pimp his ass out on gaf I hope it's enough to replace your dignity.

MThanded

siddx said:
Whatever 50 pays you to pimp his ass out on gaf I hope it's enough to replace your dignity.
cot damn

ThePrivateCookie said:
..........he's outsold kayne mutiple times throughout his career and they've both been on the decline since that spetember 11th 9 (fake)"battle". No one thought kanye would win, but he did.

To act like it's not a possibly is abusurd, since 50 still does bigger tours than kanye around the world SOLO....#'s from last year

75 50 Cent
Forest National
Brussels, Belgium
Feb. 26, 2010
$283,651
5,000 / 7,960
1 / 0
$60.75, $56.70

Manchester, U.K.
March 25, 2010
$484,730
9,521 /
1 /
$52.25, $44.78
Geestar

only way kanye is doing those numbers is if he gets invited to fetivals or he does the uk or us
What is this? We talking about concert sales or album sales?

I just dont understand where you are going with this.

I did not know Lloyd Banks has a Gaf account.

siddx said:

stating facts is losing diginity?......ok

Cool stor.....HA

MThanded said:
cot damn

What is this? We talking about concert sales or album sales?

I just dont understand where you are going with this.

I did not know Lloyd Banks has a Gaf account.

if we're talking about relevance, the idea here is that 50 can still have the possiblity to outsell kayne

worldwide tour numbers indicates your relavance at the time, in different countries, kanye is more relevant in the states and the uk right now but everywhere else 50 pretty much outperforms him, sales wise & touring...

so It is possible for 50 to outsell kanye even in 2011

and lloyd banks? ha, i would have went with tony yayo. *shrugs*

MThanded

ThePrivateCookie said:
stating facts is losing diginity?......ok

Cool stor.....HA

if we're talking about relevance, the idea here is that 50 can still have the possiblity to outsell kayne

worldwide tour numbers indicates your relavance at the time, in different countries, kanye is more relevant in the states and the uk right now but everywhere else 50 pretty much outperforms him, sales wise & touring...

so It is possible for 50 to outsell kanye even in 2011

and lloyd banks? ha, i would have went with tony yayo. *shrugs*
You are really underselling yourself here

Jay Sosa

I know I'm extremely late but I finally listened to Ab Souls tape, Long Term 2. For some weird reason I always thought he's just the hypeman of Black Hippie, but the tape is just as awesome as Qs, K.Dots and Jay Rocks. I even go as far and say they are the most talented collective in rap, right next to OF.

I especially love how he talks about his struggles in a fun and entertaining way, not like Buddens who's depressing as fuck. It's a nice change to all these dudes telling me how rich and fly they are..

Soul Cry

Regular

Drift Away

And I would pay good money to see 50 beat the shit out of Kanye..musically they both suck.

ThePrivateCookie said:

75 50 Cent
Forest National
Brussels, Belgium
Feb. 26, 2010
$283,651
5,000 / 7,960
1 / 0
$60.75, $56.70

Manchester, U.K.
March 25, 2010
$484,730
9,521 /
1 /
$52.25, $44.78
Geestar

Get on the record right now: will 50's next album outsell Dark Fantasy in the US? Yes or no. Better yet, will its first week sales top the 435k Kanye did

CRS

Jay Sosa said:
If you love this also get his Quiktape. Beautiful Struggle was my second or third favorite tape last year (favorite was either Quest or Krit). He may not be the most lyrical dude but he knows how to ride a beat and the production is brilliant.
I'll check it out. Thanks.

Seeing DJ Quik tonight. Excited.

Jay Sosa

Detox said:
I still prefer 50 over Kanye because he is a rich troll.
No doubt about that. 50s(seems to be) a cool dude, Kanye is a conceited asshole, so yeah I'm absolutely with you.

Listening to Donnis Southern Lights while writing this, some nice tracks on this tape, glad he bounced back from his mediocre last two tapes.

PSA

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ThePrivateCookie said:

Wait so, what exactly are you pointing out by saying 50 did 600k with no hits and Ye did 1.2 million with you implying he had hits? Thats basically just saying 50 didnt have hits and thus sold less records. That's common sense, so how is that relevant? And what the fuck is "only" 1.2 million?!

Where did this concert sales argument come from? 50 tours 2x as more so naturally he makes more money. So what? 50 is more relevant internationally because he tours internationally, that doesn't change jack shit about album sales, since you don't see 50 TODAY reaching Ye's album sales.

Unless 50 gets on some revolutionary Get Rich/Massacre shit, and starts putting his focus back on the music, there's no way in the world he will outsell Kanye. Your not really arguing anything, ofcourse theres a POSSIBILITY that a talented former musician turned full time entrepreneur can outsell someone who's stayed consistently relevant since his debut, but its just slim to none. effzee is right, 50 isn't the same without the hunger in his sound, there was a bit on BISD, but even that couldn't carry the weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom