• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tokubetsu

enzo_gt said:
Whens the last time Yayo won anything?

I like you Enzo, I do but let's be real, you're nowhere near as passionate about Kanye like Cookie is for fiddy. I don't see you posting numbers and stats!

Tokubetsu said:
I like you Enzo, I do but let's be real, you're nowhere near as passionate about Kanye like Cookie is for fiddy. I don't see you posting numbers and stats!
"Men lie, women lie, numbers don't."

Yo, enzo, you gotta listen to your idol's idol.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
No to break up this 50/Kanye debate, but -

Smoke Dza - Substance Abuse 1.5 has to be the best thing ever.

That's all.

Jay Sosa

dskillzhtown said:
No to break up this 50/Kanye debate, but -

Smoke Dza - Substance Abuse 1.5 has to be the best thing ever.

That's all.

Told you that a year ago :D

I do think he outdid himself with George Kush though.

PhoenixDark said:
Get on the record right now: will 50's next album outsell Dark Fantasy in the US? Yes or no. Better yet, will its first week sales top the 435k Kanye did

I won't go on record until i hear the first single.....i will place my bet then,

enzo_gt said:
Wait so, what exactly are you pointing out by saying 50 did 600k with no hits and Ye did 1.2 million with you implying he had hits? Thats basically just saying 50 didnt have hits and thus sold less records. That's common sense, so how is that relevant? And what the fuck is "only" 1.2 million?!

Where did this concert sales argument come from? 50 tours 2x as more so naturally he makes more money. So what? 50 is more relevant internationally because he tours internationally, that doesn't change jack shit about album sales, since you don't see 50 TODAY reaching Ye's album sales.

Unless 50 gets on some revolutionary Get Rich/Massacre shit, and starts putting his focus back on the music, there's no way in the world he will outsell Kanye. Your not really arguing anything, ofcourse theres a POSSIBILITY that a talented former musician turned full time entrepreneur can outsell someone who's stayed consistently relevant since his debut, but its just slim to none. effzee is right, 50 isn't the same without the hunger in his sound, there was a bit on BISD, but even that couldn't carry the weight.

please did you see the amount of promo kanye had for mbdtf? awards shows, FULL HOUR on MTV & BET simultaneously for a video, dicking riding from every major rap blog.

1.2 million sales are great numbers but come on dude, it should have done more, but maybe with rap sales going to shit it's all you can ask for these days. It makes Rocovery's 6 million sold all the more amazing...*shrugs*

i didn't mention money in my post, who cares about that? Billboard boxscore just included the gate in the tour report....

my point was it's not like kanye is some juggernaunt, that 50 couldn't surpass, he already is more relavant then kanye in alot of placess in the world, he just need to get americans on his side, and NOT go back to "get rich/masscre" shit, he need to evolve.

oh and for the record......yayo's first and only album outsold both out kid cudi's albums #winning? lmao

kamspy

I've got George Kush and THC on my hard drive. I just can't figure him out. It's like, he's good - but there are people who do the same thing better. He's basically playing shooting guard for the Lakers when he does his Curren$y collabos.

Detox

Keep pimping Shady Aftermath cookie. If we talking numbers Fiddy has more money than Ye, Fiddy is in 'big brother's' tax bracket and y'all know Ye don't fuck around with 'big bro.'

kamspy

50 could buy and sell Kanye right now on his iPhone between smug looks and cocaine blowjobs. I don't think anyone doubts that.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ThePrivateCookie said:
please did you see the amount of promo kanye had for mbdtf? awards shows, FULL HOUR on MTV & BET simultaneously for a video, dicking riding from every major rap blog.

1.2 million sales are great numbers but come on dude, it should have done more, but maybe with rap sales going to shit it's all you can ask for these days. It makes Rocovery's 6 million sold all the more amazing...*shrugs*

i didn't mention money in my post, who cares about that? Billboard boxscore just included the gate in the tour report....

my point was it's not like kanye is some juggernaunt, that 50 couldn't surpass, he already is more relavant then kanye in alot of placess in the world, he just need to get americans on his side, and NOT go back to "get rich/masscre" shit, he need to evolve.

oh and for the record......yayo's first and only album outsold both out kid cudi's albums #winning? lmao
So wait, 50 is in Kanye's maker's tax bracket and he couldn't buy himself some promo? Is that because he literally couldn't afford it, or because he was busy getting his tattoo's removed and starving himself for some straight to DVD flick? Or was it because BISD wasn't that great of an album for the 50 audience coming off of Ayo Technology? I personally liked BISD more, but that shit didn't work for SALES.

How could you expect Ye to sell anywhere 6 million when he was the most hated man in America 2 years ago and College Dropout did only about 4 milli? 1.2 million is a fucking accomplishment when the mainstream audience gave up on Ye, and he somehow found a way to draw them back and still sell 1.2 mill in half a year.

That's why I said some revolutionary shit, because currently, not only has music become 50's side thing, but even if he is trying to find some sort of evolutionary sound, it isn't working. I hate all the romantic bullshit. I hate all the half assed raps, and I hate the ditch attempts where he'll drop one song every few weeks and wait for some sort of sleeper hit to come out of it and grow exponentially. There is no drive from 50 anymore, he's gone all out on the business, while Ye sitting in the lab making music to the mantra on the wall saying "What would Mobb Deep do?" That's the difference between Ye and 50.

Holy shit @ that Yayo/CuDi comparison aaaaaaahahahaahaa. Spindashing bout to put that brazierre right back on and ride on this shit.

Detox

At least Fiddy understands business, Ye running Chicken shops and one of them just shut down.

TheOddOne said:
Talk to me when 50 when his next album is executive produced by Dre and Em.
His last album was... Although they were busy with their own shit as well.

HiResDes

siddx said:
I tried to pimp the shit out of this mixtape a few times over the last month. I think Hires bit but other than that I don't think anybody paid attention. Glad you found it as awesome as I did though.
If I could do it over again I'd definitely put the Mike Schpitz album in my top five for last month.

enzo_gt said:
So wait, 50 is in Kanye's maker's tax bracket and he couldn't buy himself some promo? Is that because he literally couldn't afford it, or because he was busy getting his tattoo's removed and starving himself for some straight to DVD flick? Or was it because BISD wasn't that great of an album for the 50 audience coming off of Ayo Technology? I personally liked BISD more, but that shit didn't work for SALES.

How could you expect Ye to sell anywhere 6 million when he was the most hated man in America 2 years ago and College Dropout did only about 4 milli? 1.2 million is a fucking accomplishment when the mainstream audience gave up on Ye, and he somehow found a way to draw them back and still sell 1.2 mill in half a year.

That's why I said some revolutionary shit, because currently, not only has music become 50's side thing, but even if he is trying to find some sort of evolutionary sound, it isn't working. I hate all the romantic bullshit. I hate all the half assed raps, and I hate the ditch attempts where he'll drop one song every few weeks and wait for some sort of sleeper hit to come out of it and grow exponentially. There is no drive from 50 anymore, he's gone all out on the business, while Ye sitting in the lab making music to the mantra on the wall saying "What would Mobb Deep do?" That's the difference between Ye and 50.

Holy shit @ that Yayo/CuDi comparison aaaaaaahahahaahaa. Spindashing bout to put that brazierre right back on and ride on this shit.

that yayo comment was a trolling but true statment lol

he could have put his own money into that album but why would he when the 3 singles prior to "baby by me" didn't take off? i'd aruge even at the height of the "taylor swift" incident people here still hated for more, you should see the disgust and hate whenever 50 is mentioned online and in real life. lol

I didn't expect ye to do those recovery numbers beacuse it's unrealistic in 2011, but the album could hae done better. as for 50 not working hard? come on he put out 3 mixtapes in 09 and kept working on singles but none of them caught on.

and that movie didn't go stright to dvd is was premired in NY & Miami, and what does having other ventures have to do with the music?

i'm done with this since you can only resort to ad hominem attacks now lol

also Eminem & Dr. Dre have not executive produced a 50 cent album since The Masscre, eminem was on drugs for like 5 years, and dr. dre wasn't really working.

4gbI7dvJaNpc6ile4CzKJhK4M.png

although he has been working with eminem now

50 Cent stormed Sundance over the weekend to announce his latest film ventures. While there, he also shared some other exciting news, revealing that he’s reuniting with Eminem for his next album.

“I just flew from Detroit. I’m working with Em on my new album,” 50 told a reporter during the Park City festival.

http://www.rap-up.com/2011/01/24/50-cent-reteams-with-eminem-for-new-album/

SUPREME1

Banned
Remember that Jay line in The Takeover about Nas having a one hot album every ten year average?

That would seemingly apply to 50 Cent thus far. Give it another two years and it'll be fact.

Let's also not fool ourselves into thinking The Masscare did those numbers because it was good. It did those numbers as a result of GRoDT's success. And even then it only did about half.

Everything since GRoDT has been mediocre to bad.

Deal with it.

SUPREME1 said:
Remember that Jay line in The Takeover about Nas having a one hot album every ten year average?

That would seemingly apply to 50 Cent thus far. Give it another two years and it'll be fact.

Let's also not fool ourselves into thinking The Masscare did those numbers because it was good. It did those numbers as a result of GRoDT's success. And even then it only did about half.

Deal with it.
The Massacre was a great album. It was Curtis that started the downhill cycle for 50.

hubes

SUPREME1 said:

Deal with it.
power of the dollar > GRODT > massacre > havent listened to curtis or BISD

50 Cent fell off the minute Dre stopped giving him large amounts of beats. Wouldn't be surprised if his new album has 2 at the most, and they'll be throwaway piano beats just watch.

His album will flop just like his movies

TheOddOne

PhoenixDark said:
50 Cent fell off the minute Dre stopped giving him large amounts of beats. Wouldn't be surprised if his new album has 2 at the most, and they'll be throwaway piano beats just watch.

Dre gave him the worst beats for his last album lol.

HOLY FUUUUUUUUUUCK. Just found out today that I'm seeing OFWGKTA on my birthday this summer.
It's sad that I have to go to the internet for attention but no one I know irl seems to care for them :(
I hope Earl will be there.

HiResDes

I'm going to see Lil B tomorrow at Bogarts...Really just going to hit on BASED groupies.

Edit: As far as Earl goes, don't count on it.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I wrote out some response about 50 and his albums and yadda yadda but I care so little about him anymore I don't even care enough to weigh in on the album discussion.
I have no issue with 50, I find his trolling antics funny. And good for him for managing to become yet another uneducated ignorant rich guy. It gives all those high school kids who don't want to do anything but be an nba star or a rapper yet more reason to not apply themselves.

siddx

HiResDes said:
I'm going to see Lil B tomorrow at Bogarts...Really just going to hit on BASED groupies.

Edit: As far as Earl goes, don't count on it.

You mean your going to hit on a bunch of unwashed internet nerds?

siddx

HiResDes said:
Not in this area, this is right next to UC and is the hipster girl central of the city...Hipster girls shake ya ass!

Just bring a carton of American Spirits, some PBR, and a few dozen pairs of neon colored plastic sunglasses. You'll be swimming in pussy. They'll try to act like they don't want it, probably tell you their pussy has some exotic disease that you probably have never heard of. Or that they used to like sex before it became mainstream and now they only dryhump. Don't believe it. Just rest a pbr can on the tip of your penis.

siddx

Am I once again the only person on Gaf who dislikes someone who is extremely popular in here? OFWGKTA bores me. Just some kids saying the most ridiculous immature bullshit they can think of. It was amusing at first, but it's gotten old. Not impressed.

edit: that said, I do respect them for going out there and grabbing attention and success for themselves.

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
siddx said:
Am I once again the only person on Gaf who dislikes someone who is extremely popular in here? OFWGKTA bores me. Just some kids saying the most ridiculous immature bullshit they can think of. It was amusing at first, but it's gotten old. Not impressed.

edit: that said, I do respect them for going out there and grabbing attention and success for themselves.
I agree with you . Personally I think they are overhyped.
HiResDes said:
Das Racist is much more random...I love both though
I prefer das racist.

siddx

HiResDes said:
Das Racist is much more random...I love both though

I liked Das Racist till I saw an interview with them and they came off as kind of obnoxious and shitty with a real fuckhole attitude. While the opposite was true of Lil B. Still hate his music, but the guy himself is cool shit.

Detox

PhoenixDark said:

Dre stopped giving him beats as soon as Game came straight outta Compton

Teetris said:
What? Dre's productions were the best of the whole bunch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jESrNQ6SRyg
While they may have been the best in the album they're not Dre's AAA beats.

Detox said:
Dre stopped giving him beats as soon as Game came straight outta Compton

What a shame he doesn't fuck with Game anymore. They were a far better match

Jay Sosa

its the amount of talent that OF has, they're like some boyband, everyone has his favorite ;D

there sure is no nas or masta ace among them but for some teenagers they already have a quite impressive track record..and how many young mcs are actually saying something nowadays?

Detox

I hoped Game's return to Aftermath would mark Dre's return to mentoring him and making sure his album is tight like Documentary. It seems like Game got a hard on for Cash Money and Cool & Dre, really surprising after doctors advocate where he basically begged Dre to take him back. Game killed it on the kush remix and hopefully he'll have a few features on Detox. I have to say Game probably re-joined Aftermath just at the wrong time when Dre is busy keeping the best beats for Detox and he doesn't have the time to work on Game's album.

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Detox said:
As far as Dre's modern bangers go, what's better? I don't think he'll ever go back to making anything else in the long run, he knows what the general public wants: Kush. If he plays it safe and most of the songs are like that (not the actual brain dead content he said was the only one of it's kind on Detox) he'll probably get some recognition for it. Otherwise he has to do some OUTER WORLD stuff to succeed, how's he going to pull that off? "So bad" type of production? Not to mention all the artists he has performing, Beyonce? It's the same shit Timbaland is on and look how Shock Value II worked out

Dre needs to prove me the fuck wrong already and release the damn album already

Detox said:
I hoped Game's return to Aftermath would mark Dre's return to mentoring him and making sure his album is tight like Documentary. It seems like Game got a hard on for Cash Money and Cool & Dre, really surprising after doctors advocate where he basically begged Dre to take him back. Game killed it on the kush remix and hopefully he'll have a few features on Detox. I have to say Game probably re-joined Aftermath just at the wrong time when Dre is busy keeping the best beats for Detox and he doesn't have the time to work on Game's album.
The game is back to Aftermath, and he dropped "the"? Heh, this guy has been so far off my radar that I can now expect at least something I'll find decent. Haven't listened to his new stuff in ages

Ah yeah, his Kush verse is pretty good!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom