• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jay Sosa

I would expected someone to say 400 Degreez or G Code..but Juve the Great or Reality Check? Not sure if you're serious..classics..ok you are fucking with me, that's not nice.

kamspy

Jay Sosa said:
I would expected someone to say 400 Degreez or G Code..but Juve the Great or Reality Check? Not sure if you're serious..classics..ok you are fucking with me, that's not nice.

You need to revisit those albums.

Jay Sosa

Nah I know that JTG is awesome, made my brother a Juve fan but Reality Check? I never liked any CMR album that wasn't entirely produced by Mannie, with the only exception being the Carter 2 maybe. And didn't he change his voice on that one for some odd reasons?

Detox

New Em is okay I guess, nothing amazing. Em has really sped up his flow recently and I just don't think it's good at all. He used to do it on certain lines in some of his songs which was much better, rhyming at 100mph doesn't make his song better. It's not really conducive to some of the bitter snarly lines he used to come up with or some of his more meaningful rhymes. This is evil 2011 Em not evil Slim Shady, he wants to fuck nicki minaj *puke* trailerpark Em would have said Beyonce but now he's too scared to anger Jay. Remember when he didn't give a fuck about Puffy and wanted to hit Jennifer Lopez.

Nabs said:
Spongebob-Squarepants-random-17019217-586-386.jpg

TheOddOne

Detox said:
New Em is okay I guess, nothing amazing. Em has really sped up his flow recently and I just don't think it's good at all. He used to do it on certain lines in some of his songs which was much better, rhyming at 100mph doesn't make his song better. It's not really conducive to some of the bitter snarly lines he used to come up with or some of his more meaningful rhymes. This is evil 2011 Em not evil Slim Shady, he wants to fuck nicki minaj *puke* trailerpark Em would have said Beyonce but now he's too scared to anger Jay. Remember when he didn't give a fuck about Puffy and wanted to hit Jennifer Lopez.
He's less of a man for not dissing/wanting to hump Beyonce? Its not like he spit fire on the during the song, but if he aint dissing/wanting to hump Beyonce because of Jay he's not real? Damn, is this the new standard of realness?

Detox

TheOddOne said:
He's less of a man for not dissing/wanting to hump Beyonce? Its not like he spit fire on the during the song, but if he aint dissing/wanting to hump Beyonce because of Jay he's not real? Damn, is this the new standard of realness?
No, he chose the woman who would get dirty with him in a heartbeat. He ain't going after no ones wifey because he's not interested in pissing people off. Slim shady Em wouldn't have given a fuck who he pisses off and would have chosen a woman already taken so as to increase the impact of that line. Beyonce is the new J.Lo which is way I chose her. Slim Shady probably would have gone with something similar or hell maybe even Michelle Obama.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
SUPREME1 said:
Someone actually recognized DJ Quik on GAF???

I really am shocked. And delighted that someone besides me has some common sense and good taste. ; )

DJ Quik is more under-appreciated than Masta Ace.

<3

You are now my brother until death, whether you like it or not.

Under Tha Influence is also one of my fav albums. Quik is just so funky.

<3
<3
<3

haha thank ya kindly but yeah, there are a few of us on here that are big Quik fans and every so often he gets brought up for us to praise. Blackace is probably his biggest fan but a few of us are right on his heels.

edit: bad meets evil track is fucking hot

Nabs said:

GotDAMN, good stuff. Royce took this one, but they both did work.

That hook is screaming for Nate Dogg R.I.P.

And then after TAKING that, I'ma catch a case, it's gon be fascinatin'/
It's gon say the whole rap game passed away on top of the affidavit/
Graduated from master to bater slash massive masturbater-
-to Michael Jackson's activator..../
Meanin' I'm on fire off the top, might wanna back up data/

The flow on that part is doooope

kamspy

HiResDes said:
BASED GOD CONCERT IN 30 MINUTES...STEAK, KNIFE, CHEF!

He's at Bogart's tonight? GOD DAMN. Appears to be sold out too. God damn. I've been to sold out shows at Bogarts. They always oversell the shit out of them.

It's my favorite venue. I've seen a lot of hip hop acts there. Greats.

have fun man. chef some shit up for me.

Pinko Marx said:
Hip-Hop GAF! Where should I start with Smoke DZA? As a matter of fact, can someone give me a link to that last mixtape he put out?
Go back 3 pages. (Page 306) kampsy was just asking what he should start with when getting into Smoke DZA.

JEKKI

Jay Sosa said:
Disposable Arts - Masta Ace
Project English - Juve (I'm probably the only Juve fan that think it's his best work)
Disposable Arts!! I fukkyn love that album!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PueJJR-kt5Q
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PW1XOy3qY7o

I like 400 Degreez and G-Code, but I'm not too consistent on listening to Juvenile's discoggraphy.

I heard Beast Mode last year... it was the 2nd worst album of 2010 lol.

I definitely gotta check out Project English then...

Acid08

Banned
Friend I was gonna see Donald Glover with got the fucking flu. He fucked up printing his ticket out too so idk if we can even give it to one of our other friends.

Sell the ticket or go alone Gaf-Hop? I'm thinking of saying fuck it and going alone.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
I can't even imagine people like Saigon on any level, much less saying his record was better than anybody elses. Wait...did that Rebecca Black chick record an album? He may win that one. Maybe.

But probably not.

kamspy

Now how many of you guys actually listened to the Saigon record? Be real. I'm not implying it's nearly as good as the CL record, I'm just saying.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
kamspy said:
Now how many of you guys actually listened to the Saigon record? Be real. I'm not implying it's nearly as good as the CL record, I'm just saying.

I made it through most of it. I resisted the urge to smash "skip" as much as humanly possible. But Saigon and Papoose sort of annoy the living shit out of me, so maybe that's just me.

PBY

Banned
kamspy said:
I did- I thought it was really good actually

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom