• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

exarkun

HiResDes said:
Dude I could no longer keep it. No one took me serious with an anime avatar, it detracted from nearly every serious argument I made somehow. :lol

...I did rock it for over a year though to support Scribblenauts. I'm listening to some older Devin The Dude and sippin on some chai tea...About to go to the bar in a little.

I love tea my brotha, but you don't want to go to the bar smellin like a old english dude. Bust out that rosé, put on Teflon Don (All the Money in the World, or Aston Martin Music extended version), then hit the bar.

The women be like "Who dat be?"
"Hiresdes"
"I heard he got rid of that anime avatar"
"Hmmmm I wanna take him home"
It could happen :lol

HiResDes

exarkun said:
I love tea my brotha, but you don't want to go to the bar smellin like a old english dude. Bust out that rosé, put on Teflon Don (All the Money in the World, or Aston Martin Music extended version), then hit the bar.

The women be like "Who dat be?"
"Hiresdes"
"I heard he got rid of that anime avatar"
"Hmmmm I wanna take him home"
It could happen :lol
:lol :lol :lol...Yeah should probably pre-game a little.

exarkun said:
On the topic of Lloyd Banks, his first album he was fuckin feisty. Liked it alot. Rotten Apple was garbage.

His newer shit makes me hope he went back to the old Banks. Would make sense since you know, money doesn't last forever.

50's problem is that after his second album (which wasn't even thhhat good) his regular cds sucked but his mixtapes were getting better and better. Which means something that I don't understand. Soooooooo fuck 50!

Hires, why did you change the avatar? Couldn't recognize you for a minute.

Sippin on some good bourbon and having a clove, listening to the DZA tape and Curren$y album. So good. Feel like I'm getting white boy wasted. :lol

how this? lol crazy it's a throwaway track from "HFM2 (The Hunger For More 2) Produced by Nascent & QBDaProblem. HFM2 is going to be crazy. Rotten Apple did suck but it had a few cuts.

so far the features on HFM2 are of course 50 Cent & Tony Yayo, but he's also worked with rick ross's production team "The J.U.S.T.I.C.E Leauge", Stlyes P, Raekwon, Nipsey Hustle, & Juelz Santana. He's also reached out to wiz khalifa and j. cole.

20100903-LLOYDBANKS.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XzwJtqyetGo
http://www.2dopeboyz.com/2010/09/03/lloyd-banks-see-me-bright/#comments

Tokubetsu said:
I like Black Milk but I'm not feeling this Deadly Medley track at all.

I really dig it. He more than holds his own with Elzhi on it, and the production is nice.

It's pretty much the only good song I've heard from his album.

IrishNinja

soul creator said:
and then I clicked on view all comments and saw like 70% females, haha. Though hopefully Common and No I.D. together again means good things and not Universal Mind Control things

i must be like the only dude here who thinks UMC > Finding Forever, heh.

@ Bone Thugs...they were fun in the day, but never my thing. i dont know if id say they made "fast rapping famous" either, i mean im glad Eazy pulled it off with one group in the end, but...mebbe it's just me, you ever quietly hate on something by association of its fans? when i was out in the midwest, every motherfucker who "cant stand rap" fucking loved Bone like they were an exception or some crossover shit, i never got that. :lol

new Ye single isnt bad...he's taking it easy there, but it sounds like a lot of the filler tracks on his first 2 albums to me, which isnt really a bad thing.

ps love madlib (from Doom shit), cant get into Quas. someone put up a track to prove me wrong! i totally got sold on atmoshere that way.

Something seems...weird, definitely check out the video and body language, note the squinting eye when mentioning Jay-Z, i know they don't have beef but.... something else is going on. Psychology majors in here pronto!!! :lol
50 Cent Explains Photo With Jay-Z Backstage In Detroit
Fif 'got a chance to kick it' with Jay at Home and Home shows, co-headlined by Eminem.

By Shaheem Reid

DETROIT — You didn't think they were going to have two of the biggest hip-hop shows in the past decade without inviting 50 Cent to join in, did you? Fif and the Unit have been Eminem's special guests for the Home and Home shows, co-headlined by Jay-Z.

The Detroit run started Thursday night at Detroit's Comerica Park and concluded Friday (September 3). Sitting down with MTV News before the second show, 50, Lloyd Banks and Tony Yayo expressed their excitement to be a part of the historic event. On Thursday, the Unit performed "Patiently Waiting," "I Get Money" and "In Da Club." And by the following morning, footage and photos from the show circulated on various websites. But thelifefiles.com caught a very unexpected gem: One of Jay's close friends, Lenny Santiago, snapped a picture of the Jiggaman and Fif talking backstage. The energy in the pic seemed to be positive, and both were smiling.

It was surprising to all hip-hop fans, considering the fact that since last year, Fif has been throwing jabs at Hov in interviews and on songs such as "Flight 187." While Fif declined to say exactly what he and Jay conversed about on Thursday, he did say they didn't have serious beef.

"We got a chance to kick it for a minute," 50 said. "I know people were interested in what that conversation was like. But they can ask Jay-Z. I take people's actions as if it's genuinely how they feel. I can only use what I saw you do as if that's what you meant. I can't understand what your motivation was prior to that."

Fif has also had some well-documented issues with Diddy. Ever since Diddy aligned himself with Rick Ross several months ago, the General of the G-Unit has publicly lambasted the leader of Dirty Money. But 50 says a recent talk with Diddy helped clear the air between them.

"I had a conversation with Puffy the night before Jay," the Queens mogul revealed. "He gave me a whole new perspective on his actions. He's like, 'I understand the way you felt because of what I was doing at the time. But I wasn't thinking what you was thinking I was. You done hit me nine times. I'm just in the fetal because I understand why you are attacking me. But if I can't touch bases with you to tell you what I'm thinking or why I did it, then you can't understand it.' We created a little clarity out there."

The Home and Home tour continues in the Bronx, New York, on September 13 and 14 at Yankee Stadium.
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1647224/20100904/50_cent.jhtml

dvdjamm

yencid said:
So guys am i the only one here who follows diggy and likes his music? or does no one know he can spit?

an image from his blog which i found pretty cool, about Mobb deep, Nas and lil wayne among others:
509389DS11.jpg

his second mixtape drops next week

iChat+Image%281314973114%29.jpeg

Did this ever come oiut?

He even has a national commercial out...Jojo Simmons takes the L

RPS37

So I've mostly exhausted everything I've been listening to, so I finally decided to listen to a random big Best Of Jay Electronica tape I downloaded a while ago.

Wow. Dude needs to stop being scared and release something.

spindashing said:
He's really trying his best to fix his image after the Taylor Swift incident. I feel both sorry and proud of him for doing so.
It's hard for me to feel sorry for someone who keeps getting in their own way. But yea, the vultures just keep picking at the scab. yes, he made the cut, but everyone seems to refuse to let the wound take its natural course and heal back up.

HiResDes

spindashing said:
He's really trying his best to fix his image after the Taylor Swift incident. I feel both sorry and proud of him for doing so.
Proud? Really? I never gave two flying fucks about the incident whatsoever.

effzee

so watched all the clips of the em/jay z show in det and wow it looked like one of the best shows to be at. still holding out hope i win tickets to the nyc shows. stupid contests have me listening to hot 97 and power 105 all day.

Brinbe

Y'all know he's just setting up some shit for the VMA's or something. :lol

And disagree with the hate on the new track. Shit is clearly a throwaway and sounds a bit unfinished, but goddamn if it ain't fucking crack.

HiResDes said:
Proud? Really? I never gave two flying fucks about the incident whatsoever.

I don't care about the incident either, since I know how Kanye gets and I have been a fan since day one. I'm saying I'm proud cause it shows once again that he isn't always brash.

HiResDes

soundahfekz said:
I can only make the beat, I can't rap for them!
Just now realized you made the beat, that's sick. :D...Dude send that to 2DopeBoyz or Dajaz.The beat is sick, I thought it was going to be exactly the same as the M.O.P. song.

i like the new kanye mainly due to the beat ive listened three times and i couldnt tell you one kanye lyric. a solid album track i wouldnt skip it

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
My main problem with Devil In A New Dress is the sample drowns out his voice. Seriously I don't even understand it as a stylistic choice if I cant actually hear you rap. If he turned down the beat a bit it'd be a sick song.

RPS37

OrangeGrayBlue said:
I'd hardly call him "fuckin crazy". He's decent at best.

You're right. I posted like right after I first heard it. Then I listened to it again, and I was a lot less impressed than my gut reaction.

It's alright.

PBY

Banned
^ I feel weird saying this... but I think Gucci is improving as a rapper:lol His lyrics are basically the same, but his flow has gotten alot better imho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom