• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kimosabae

Banned
HiResDes:

I think 'Sunspots' (A Soiree for Skeptics) might have flipped my whole perspective on not only that mixtape, but Wrekonize in general. That song is incredible. It's moved me on a number of levels.

You might be right, I think this tape is really growing on me.

What site do people use to post links to songs on their hard drives? I have a Qwel song ya'll need to hear.

Kimosabae said:
HiResDes:

I think 'Sunspots' (A Soiree for Skeptics) might have flipped my whole perspective on not only that mixtape, but Wrekonize in general. That song is incredible. It's moved me on a number of levels.

You might be right, I think this tape is really growing on me.

What site do people use to post links to songs on their hard drives? I have a Qwel song ya'll need to hear.

Something like Mediafire? Unless you're talking about a different type of link.

9NwGK.jpg

Download

This is good shit.

Kimosabae

Banned
Devil Theory:

That worked. I always DLd shit from there, but was never sure if it was a free public access site, or how it worked.

'The Karma Express'
http://www.mediafire.com/?zb6aa6tffh50e3a

This song is so incredible. The instrumental in particular. Some may object but, I think it takes a white rapper to create a track like this.

peterb0y said:
thatsracist.gif

Not really, true for the most part, just distinct styles. (I realize you were probably being sarcastic regardless.)

Good song though, Qwel has a strange delivery and it's taken me a while to warm up to most of his music.

Grzi

Album of The Year is definitely NOT the album of the year.
It's still dope, but worse than Black Milk's first two albums.

mileS said:
I think its his best yet. Hmmm

No way, Tronic is so much better than AOTY. Big dropoff in the production if you ask me. Honestly, some of the beats on AOTY are rather annoying, and this is coming from a HUGE Black Milk fan. Not feeling it at all.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Kimosabae said:
Devil Theory:

That worked. I always DLd shit from there, but was never sure if it was a free public access site, or how it worked.

'The Karma Express'
http://www.mediafire.com/?zb6aa6tffh50e3a

This song is so incredible. The instrumental in particular. Some may object but, I think it takes a white rapper to create a track like this.
I only object to the idea that there's something remarkable about the song.

Tokubetsu

Net_Wrecker said:
No way, Tronic is so much better than AOTY. Big dropoff in the production if you ask me. Honestly, some of the beats on AOTY are rather annoying, and this is coming from a HUGE Black Milk fan. Not feeling it at all.

Tronic wins for "Losing Out" alone.

mileS

Net_Wrecker said:

I feel the opposite. I like it all but AOTY has such a unique sound to it and as of right now its my favorite.

HiResDes

mileS said:
I feel the opposite. I like it all but AOTY has such a unique sound to it and as of right now its my favorite.
Fuck man you gotta change your avatar if you're gonna continue posting in here...Way too close to Kimo, I keep getting confused.:lol

Kimo - Karma Express is ill, what is that off of...I thought I had just about everythign Qwel had done. Forget it, I figured out that I don't have that album, about to cop.

Kimosabae

Banned
Devil Theory said:
Not really, true for the most part, just distinct styles. (I realize you were probably being sarcastic regardless.)

Good song though, Qwel has a strange delivery and it's taken me a while to warm up to most of his music.

I'm curious as to what it is you find strange regarding his delivery. If you don't mind elaborating.

Here's a couple more tracks I've been wanting to post for a while:

'Teehee You're Fired'
http://www.mediafire.com/?h3ji7qradca13p1

Raw written freestyle off an old Galapagos4 mixtape. Mixtape/Posse Qwel is a different beast from album Qwel. Beat hits, too.

'Color By Letter'
http://www.mediafire.com/?62w9n8du062qpr8

'Boy Band'
http://www.mediafire.com/?9uaf3fpfluhhdnf

A couple short, but sweet acapella verses off 'Sideweighs'.

harSon

Banned
I'm in need of some hip hop recommendations in the vein of Cyne, Y Society, CunninLynguists, Jazz Liberators, Panacea, Nujabes, Shin-Ski, Inverse, etc.

thetechkid

harSon said:
I'm in need of some hip hop recommendations in the vein of Cyne, Y Society, CunninLynguists, Jazz Liberators, Panacea, Nujabes, Shin-Ski, Inverse, etc.

Valentin and Deckstream are pretty similar to Nunjabes.

Nabs

harSon said:

Insight (Soloplexus, Shinsight, etc), Count Bass D, U-N-I (Watermelon...)

harSon said:
Kenichiro Nishihara and Nomak. You will NOT be disappointed.

IrishNinja

harSon said:
Keep the recommendations coming, I absolutely love this type of hip hop.

there's a whole thread for this if you search, think it was instrumental hip-hop? i still dont know what to call it. nujabes sounded like jazz-rap to me, but hiroto, nomak, sound providers etc go in a different direction with it sometimes.

+1 to "keep em coming" though, im checking out the names here i dont recognize, thanks guys.

harSon

Banned
IrishNinja said:
there's a whole thread for this if you search, think it was instrumental hip-hop? i still dont know what to call it. nujabes sounded like jazz-rap to me, but hiroto, nomak, sound providers etc go in a different direction with it sometimes.

+1 to "keep em coming" though, im checking out the names here i dont recognize, thanks guys.

While I certainly dig a nice beat, I don't really listen to instrumentals though regularly. I typically pick out the ft. songs and listen to those.

IrishNinja

harSon said:
While I certainly dig a nice beat, I don't really listen to instrumentals though regularly. I typically pick out the ft. songs and listen to those.

...really? huh. i fuckin' love Nujabes, but mostly their instrumental shit...dont get me wrong, that track with CL Smooth was sweet.
i came onto this shit from Pete Rock's "Petestrumentals" years back..im all about sharp lyrics, but most of this scene for me is just the beat...i.e., im checking out DJ Deckstream on that one guy's say-so right now and its good shit, but you might dig the stuff with Mos & others more than what im liking thus far, stuff like this. i could listen to shit like that all day.

thetechkid

IrishNinja said:
...really? huh. i fuckin' love Nujabes, but mostly their instrumental shit...dont get me wrong, that track with CL Smooth was sweet.
i came onto this shit from Pete Rock's "Petestrumentals" years back..im all about sharp lyrics, but most of this scene for me is just the beat...i.e., im checking out DJ Deckstream on that one guy's say-so right now and its good shit, but you might dig the stuff with Mos & others more than what im liking thus far, stuff like this. i could listen to shit like that all day.

The majority of his stuff is like the Life is Good Remix, also Soundtracks 2 and Music Castle are two of my most loved albums ever(Highly recommended listening to those).

IrishNinja

spindashing said:
Kenichiro Nishihara ...You will NOT be disappointed.

just wanted to come back & say, everything on youtube with this name has been great, thanks man, you were totally right. Nomak is good too, just already had that.

ah, now to listen to some DOOM.

peterb0y said:
just wanted to say that im really liking exile's radio am/fm... interesting stuff
Fuck that, you need some DOOM in your life.
"He wears a mask to cover the raw flesh, a rather ugly brother? with flows that's gorgeous"

PhoenixDark said:
I wonder what DOOM is up to. Probably is sitting on so much material, god damn.

I'd imagine Madvilliany 2 has been done for awhile
They started working on it since last year. It should be out by early next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom