• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

B3ASTMODE

not sure if its been posted but.
diehard.jpg

SUPREME1

Banned
Master Milk said:
It's called being Black in America.

Riiiight.

Don't do stupid shit and you won't go to jail.

Don't get me wrong, you will get harassed for being black... and you will face other hurdles as well, but don't say they are in jail because they're black.

That's a disservice to blacks as a whole.

/Obama

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
The M.O.B said:
:/ Not Hyped

Me neither. Sorry Dre, all this hype, all these years and it has been a total and complete letdown so far.

I saw that there are now limited edition "Detox Beats". $500 a pop. Jimmy is milking Dre for all he is worth.

Tokubetsu

enzo_gt said:
I am.

I have an abusive relationship with Dre.

Abusive? More like Dre left you and the baby a decade ago and is trying to weazel his way back into your life now that you've finally picked up the pieces and started moving on.

Cranzor

I've been getting into some rap recently but I'm looking for suggestions. I like a lot of Eminem's stuff and have listened to some of Lupe's and Nas' stuff. Any specific albums from Lupe or Nas I should check out? Or any rapper in particular? I'm just getting in to it so I'm not very familiar with the genre. Any suggestions should help.

Cranzor

HiResDes said:
Check out: Lupe - the first two albums; Nas - The first two albums

...This rule applies to about 60 percent of rappers' output

Alright, thanks. I'll check those albums out.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Tokubetsu said:
Abusive? More like Dre left you and the baby a decade ago and is trying to weazel his way back into your life now that you've finally picked up the pieces and started moving on.
Toku, why do you have to be so negative all the time? Father Andre will return, bearing gifts for all of GAF-Hop.

dr-dre-2.jpg

The Detox thread will be fun times
because I'm adamant it's coming out this year.

effzee

Kusagari said:
Is he ever going to release the fucking album?

My working theory? He wants to have some big smash before he sets a date and releases it. Kush wasn't even supposed to be released, was leaked, and did OK. I Need A Doctor was supposed to be the big single but it barely made any noise. I don't know across the country, but where I live (NYC), it gets some airplay from the pop stations here and there, but nothing like a big time hit would get, and gets 0 spins on the 2 rap stations.

So I guess Dre is holding off till he gets a hit. From the name of this next single it at least sounds better but you never know. I just hope its not Em screaming over a non-Dre produced beat.

Wait so this song comes out in 10 minutes?

Detox

Cranzor said:
I've been getting into some rap recently but I'm looking for suggestions. I like a lot of Eminem's stuff and have listened to some of Lupe's and Nas' stuff. Any specific albums from Lupe or Nas I should check out? Or any rapper in particular? I'm just getting in to it so I'm not very familiar with the genre. Any suggestions should help.
If you feel Nas check out his entire discography. Other albums you should give a spin are 36 Chambers by Wu Tang, Lifestylez ov da poor & dangerous by Big L, both of B.I.G's albums, Tupac's greatest hits, both Chronic albums from Dr Dre, Ice Cube's first 3 albums, KRS One's Criminal Minded and moment of truth by Gangstarr. Enjoy if you become a hiphop fiend you got a lot of classics to look forward to.

I'm still hyped for Detox but if Die Hard isn't produced by Dre he can go fuck himself. I can't believe he is using other people's beats for his own album, the follow up to Chronic & 2001 smh.

kamspy

PhoenixDark said:
Dunno if I'm crazy, but when I hear I Need A Doctor on the radio it almost sounds like Dre is rapping over Eminem's reference verses.

Parts of Kush actually have the Krayzie Bone backtrack playing while Dre raps. The voice is unmistakable.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
PhoenixDark said:
Dunno if I'm crazy, but when I hear I Need A Doctor on the radio it almost sounds like Dre is rapping over Eminem's reference verses.
Was there any doubt?

That same broke ass Nate Dogg is on Fast Lane I'm guessing. Kinda odd seeing him pop up so soon after Nate Dogg passed.

illadelph

beat wasn't bad, the verses were pretty good, the hook was kinda embarassing

EDIT: I just went into itunes and played a bunch of classic dre songs for like seven seconds each, and wow he should definitely be embarassed by the shit he's putting out. c'mon man, Relapse had some dope beats and that was only a couple of years ago if that.....sm mother fuckin h

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
....goddamn it Eminem. Remember when you used to shit all over rappers who tried to sing their own hooks?

APPARENTLY NOT.

That chorus is atrocious, the beat is just...a beat. Dre's verse wasn't bad but still, it's the same old "people think I fell off!" shit from him. yawn

Jimmy Iovine better find a new cash cow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom