• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.
yikes at the new Dre...

like wow. Unless Em has an incredible verse then he ruined the song.'

and the song already sucked.

Detox needs to just not happen....like damn.

feels bad man.

kamspy

Mystikal's really not to be fucked with on the mic. He doesn't get enough cred. It was cool to hear Yelawolf say he was his favorite mc.

EDIT: I get audio on your link HDR

ALSO: Yeah, cancelling Detox really is the best course of action right now for the Dr. Dre brand. Seriously. Never thought it would get this bad. Even on my lowest expectation. The only good song has been Kush and that was pretty mild.

illadelph

No one should ever say sorry for posting an ill ass song like that. This thread shouldn't be a contest of who can post the most obscure shit

IrishNinja

cause i got a def posse; you got a buncha dudes

i had mix-a-lot on casette, back when swap meet louie and beepers were good songs to me.

kamspy

I Love It

That's how you produce a fucking hip hop record. Too bad about that YT sound quality on this one. It's the only one I could find though (yeah, I'm checking em now lol).

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
PhoenixDark said:
That chorus is atrocious, the beat is just...a beat. Dre's verse wasn't bad but still, it's the same old "people think I fell off!" shit from him. yawn

Jimmy Iovine better find a new cash cow
he can't hear you, he's too busy listening to the real Detox on his BEATS BY DR. DRE phonograph.

IrishNinja

HiResDes said:
Skypager and Scenario are why Low End Theory edges out Midnight Marauders for me

i love them both dearly, but Midnight Marauders i mustve bought 3 times for ex's taking it/playing it till it scratched to shit and would no longer. there's not a bad track to be found, straight classics.

4 days of the week, Wu's my favorite group. the other 3, it's Tribe.

LOZLINK

225724_222143717802817_122869907730199_1066620_7756822_n.jpg

Damn, anyone know where I can cop this.

nns3d

Hey GAF, I'm new around here and I'm trying to get into Busta Rhymes. Which of his albums should I start with first?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Afrocentric-Asian said:
Hey GAF, I'm new around here and I'm trying to get into Busta Rhymes. Which of his albums should I start with first?
The Big Bang

busta_rhymes_the_big_bang.jpg

DO IT. Then you can go back to Extinction Level Event, then Genesis and the rest.

nns3d

enzo_gt said:
The Big Bang

http://mixmatters.com/hot/images/busta_rhymes_the_big_bang.jpg

DO IT. Then you can go back to Extinction Level Event, then Genesis and the rest.

Looking the album up on Wikipedia, critical reception is so-so, but the album has some Dre and J. Dilla production on here. I'll try and check it out later tonight.

illadelph said:

Lil Ghetto Boy is probably one of my favorite Dre-produced tracks. Other ones I like are Lyrical Gangbang, The Formula, Nobody Move, Gz and Hustlas... just to name a few.

HiResDes

enzo_gt said:
The Big Bang

C'mon dude you couldn't possibly be more wrong, start with Extinction Level Event, no questions.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
kamspy said:
Well. That wraps up Detox.

I detect a bit of Xzibit in Dre's lyrics and ghostrapping. I'm gonna say Xzibit. As for the beat. Sheesh. I guess all we can do is hope it's not Dre.

Once all the leaks started, I thought they were going to turn Detox into a Dre produced record with a bunch of artists. But they seem to be going forward with the original plan and it sucks. I get the idea the leaks made Dre re-work everything to be "different" and instead it just sucks. The only thing that can save it is if they have been releasing the crappy tracks and leaving the jams as album tracks. That has to be it, right?

Right?

RIGHT?????

Kimosabae said:
As much as I agree that Busta one of the most consistent emcees out there; I have no desire to hear his music. I don't know why.

Agreed. He is great on someone else's track or a single, but an entire album of Busta has never been something I enjoyed.

Tokubetsu

The beat on Die Hard is fucking garbage. This is supposed to do better than "I Need a Doctor"? Jesus. It makes I Need Doctor sound great. Fucking Hilarious. Dre needs to just scrap Detox and start over again or just stick to selling headphones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom