• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Detox

The problem is Dre isn't going to let you release an album if he doesn't like it. Dre pretty much allows an album to be released if he feels it is going to go platinum. Only albums Aftermath have released that aren't platinum are Before I self destruct and the Big Bang.

Aftermath really have a great roster of producers apart from Dre, he needs to let the top producers do their shit. But like Game said in Doctors Advocate, when Doc says its a wrap its a rap and if he doesn't your album has no chance of releasing.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Detox said:
The problem is Dre isn't going to let you release an album if he doesn't like it. Dre pretty much allows an album to be released if he feels it is going to go platinum. Only albums Aftermath have released that aren't platinum are Before I self destruct and the Big Bang.

Aftermath really have a great roster of producers apart from Dre, he needs to let the top producers do their shit. But like Game said in Doctors Advocate, when Doc says its a wrap its a rap and if he doesn't your album has no chance of releasing.

Which is the bullshit part. Basing your entire label's releases on one man's taste is idiotic. Dre's taste won't always match up to what others tastes are, he is fucking over fans and his own bottom line by relying solely on himself to judge whether an album gets a release. Not to mention his recent production has made it clear he doesn't have the same ear for quality he used to.

kamspy

Vado is a slightly harder Juelz Santa. In a group, they would still fill the same role ("that guy"). Overall, for me, I'll take Juelz humor and bravado over Vado's coke rhymes.

overcast

HiResDes said:
Killer Mike's Pledge May 17th

Big Sean's Finally Famous in early June

*Shrugs*
Lol. Ehhh. There will be other great releases I'm sure. Though I'm completely dependent on you finding those.

effzee

Dipset is on Interscope/Aftermath?

Even after the beef with 50?

Am I the only one who thought Juelz Santana would turn out be pretty good?

HiResDes

effzee said:

He's better than people are giving him credit for...

effzee said:

His first (only?) album had a few bangers on it. Rumble young man rumble was pretty awesome.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
effzee said:

Passing up DIPSET because of some shit 50 has to say? Iovine is smarter than that. 50 has beef with everyone, last thing they need to do is narrow their revenue stream even more. Game has made it through that ignorance, others can too.

And What The Game's Been Missing gets a fair amount of rotation from me to date.

Requesting Vado hookups again from HRD. I guess he is a poor man's Juelz, but I think dude has potential.

ReconYoda said:
The next big one im looking forward to is Eminem/Royce "Hell:The Sequel" in June.

So you're looking forward to YELLLING AND my dick is ___?

lawl, all jokes aside I hope Em at least brings his b+ game...seriously dude has been on some bullshit lately.

Recon

Banned
Knux-Future said:
So you're looking forward to YELLLING AND my dick is ___?

lawl, all jokes aside I hope Em at least brings his b+ game...seriously dude has been on some bullshit lately.

I dont really care, Fast Lane was all types of awesome. If the album is like that, then I will be happy.

ReconYoda said:
I dont really care, Fast Lane was all types of awesome. If the album is like that, then I will be happy.

Echo ( i hope they actually got T.I's third verse before his dumbass went back to jail) and Living Proof were pretty good too.

I just want Em to stop yelling all the damn time and I'm one of those who liked Recovery

HiResDes

Longterm Mentality is surprisingly in my top five for this year in terms of hip-hop and this is coming from a guy that once disliked Ab-Soul altogether.

Hell: The Sequel is going to be dope, we already know it has at least three good tracks

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Dipset is on interscope, but not aftermath. Although Dre is supposedly producing on the album. We'll see.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ReconYoda said:
Fast Lane reminds me how much I love back and fourth rap tracks. That entire second "verse" is fucking ridiculous. My favourite lines are the decapitation ones lol, just awesome.

overcast

enzo_gt said:
Fast Lane reminds me how much I love back and fourth rap tracks. That entire second "verse" is fucking ridiculous. My favourite lines are the decapitation ones lol, just awesome.
Seriously back and forth rap tracks are great. For example recently make some noise from the beastie boys has been played frequently by me.

TheOddOne

Its funny that Slaughterhouse is signed to Shady/Interscop, because at one point they where signed or linked as individual to Aftermath.

I can get behind the statement Dre is a kid, because even Raekwon said that after Dre came back after a two week vacation he lost intrest in OB4CL2.

Also, you guys remember Eve? Yeah, she never gonna drop a album.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TheOddOne said:
Its funny that Slaughterhouse is signed to Shady/Interscop, because at one point they where signed or linked as individual to Aftermath.

I can get behind the statement Dre is a kid, because even Raekwon said that after Dre came back after a two week vacation he lost intrest in OB4CL2.

Also, you guys remember Eve? Yeah, she never gonna drop a album.
The original Eve version of Fab's Make Me Better that Timbo leaked this past week is surprisingly good. But yeah she has no hope regardless of what label she's on, unless she gets all bitchy and attention hungry and starts to throw shots at Nicki Minaj to try and get her career out of the gutter it's been in for the past decade.

Not like anyone would do something that sad and desperate though, right?

TheOddOne

enzo_gt said:
The original Eve version of Fab's Make Me Better that Timbo leaked this past week is surprisingly good. But yeah she has no hope regardless of what label she's on, unless she gets all bitchy and attention hungry and starts to throw shots at Nicki Minaj to try and get her career out of the gutter it's been in for the past decade.

Not like anyone would do something that sad and desperate though, right?
Eh, Lil Kim never had a career to speak of. She was just BIG's fuck toy.

BlackBeltBambi

Neo Member
TheOddOne said:
Eh, Lil Kim never had a career to speak of. She was just BIG's fuck toy.
Listen sunshine, Lil Kim first 3 albums went platinum and her last one was her best work(The Naked Truth, earning her 5mics on the source)La Bella Mafia is my favorite production wise. She bounced back lovely from that disaster "The Notorious K.I.M" And thanks to her, Mobb Deep enjoy further success on their only platinum selling album "Murder Muzik" Her resume speaks for itself. No need to hate, sunshine..Is all love<3 Oh and thank you BASEDGOD for making a gaffer, so blessed..BASED#

BlackBeltBambi said:
Listen sunshine, Lil Kim first 3 albums went platinum and her last one was her best work(The Naked Truth, earning her 5mics on the source)La Bella Mafia is my favorite production wise. She bounced back lovely from that disaster "The Notorious K.I.M" And thanks to her, Mobb Deep enjoy further success on their only platinum selling album "Murder Muzik" Her resume speaks for itself. No need to hate, sunshine..Is all love<3 Oh and thank you BASEDGOD for making a gaffer, so blessed..BASED#
Lil Kim getting 5 mics was the end to what little credibility the source had left at the time

BlackBeltBambi

Neo Member
GodfatherX said:
Lil Kim getting 5 mics was the end to what little credibility the source had left at the time
Sites at the time believe it was her best work, and so did many fans as well. Regardless of what you think about the Source at the time(Dark times indeed)It's a solid album. The fact of the matter is, homeboy said "She never had a career" When her sales and industry vets say otherwise.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
BlackBeltBambi said:

Wow, a Lil Kim stan.

HiResDes said:
She was pretty damn decent, she took the whole Barbie thing a little too seriously though

Agreed. Did Biggie write her entire first album?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom