• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

kamspy

J.Cole - shit
Wiz Khalifa - shit
XV - shit

What the fuck is a Laws?

Frank Ocean and The Weekend are both really cool. I like Tyler's album a lot. More than any other rapper he mentioned. Even KRIT.

Recon

Banned
kamspy said:
J.Cole - shit
Wiz Khalifa - shit
XV - shit

What the fuck is a Laws?

Frank Ocean and The Weekend are both really cool. I like Tyler's album a lot. More than any other rapper he mentioned. Even KRIT.
I know opinions can't be wrong....but those are definitely false(except for wiz)

Bishman

kamspy said:
I like Tyler's album a lot. More than any other rapper he mentioned. Even KRIT.
Explain the appeal of his music to me. And btw... I was naming people off the top of my head that I rather listen to than Tyler. He reminds me of a poor mans version of Slim Shady. So I could see him having that appeal on this generation of kids that Em had with us when we were growing up.

It is so weird to me because most of the time I feel that GAF Hip Hop has similar taste. In the sense if most of us think like a rapper, I'll like him. But I can't follow you guys with Tyler.

DominoKid

XV is only worth listening to because whoever makes his beats is awesome.

so anyway...apparently Joe Budden went upside Esther Baxter head...and everywhere else too. i aint posting the link to Bossip cause they got pictures of what's allegedly their dead fetus in a toilet. and that shit was gross.

but damn...the police report.
ebvsjb-policereport00011.jpg

the restraining order
ebvsjb_resorder.jpg

as if i needed another reason to dislike Joe Budden. dude's just a despicable person.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
TheOddOne said:
Sometimes enzo, I think where blood brothers.
Sit down brother, and let's watch the storm brew in this thread. YMCMB fo lyfe. *vomits a bit*

And WTF @ this Joe Budden police report? Can't wait for the inevitable JoeBuddenTV ep.

EDIT: Damn reading through this shit is fucked up. Can't defend Joey on this, I don't respect any dude who hits a woman.

nns3d

Jay Sosa said:
Hard to say..I always thought that every album he did sounds very unique. He once said in an interview that he spends all his earned money on new equipment maybe that's why. But it's been a long time since I've listened to it..lemme check.

I'd say it sounds kinda like a mixture between Blaqkout and Balance and Options, production is (duh) fucking amazing, even better than I remembered. Very smooth..even has one very old school sounding G-Funk track..GOD DAMN that album is good.. (writing this post while listening to it)

Yeah It actually sounds kinda old school, not as "experimental" as the Kurupt album..

Nice, I'll need to check this out as The Book of David.

I know opinions can't be wrong....but those are definitely false(except for wiz)

No love for Frank Ocean?

Detox

Fuck off, fetus's cant drop like that can they? fuuuuuuuuuuck why did I go to Bossip.

J cole doesn't have that unique part to his raps but if he does deliver some next illmatic level of lyrcis he'll be OK which is unlikely I guess. Jay probably schooled him and he has to have something distinguishing now, hopefully it's not to be disgusting and shocking like Em or Tyler because that last track J cole released was garbage.

Recon

Banned
Afrocentric-Asian said:
Nice, I'll need to check this out as The Book of David.

No love for Frank Ocean?

I love frank ocean, i enjoy tyler, i was talking about him saying XV and J.Cole were shit.

Jay Sosa

Bishman said:
Explain the appeal of his music to me. And btw... I was naming people off the top of my head that I rather listen to than Tyler. He reminds me of a poor mans version of Slim Shady. So I could see him having that appeal on this generation of kids that Em had with us when we were growing up.

It is so weird to me because most of the time I feel that GAF Hip Hop has similar taste. In the sense if most of us think like a rapper, I'll like him. But I can't follow you guys with Tyler.

Haven't heard that much from him but I like that he's sounds real personal and honest (not this I'm the richest best looking and get all the girls swag bs) and the production is simply phenomenal. BUT for me it's kinda hard to listen to an entire album..It's just too depressing and too dark for my taste. I wouldn't compare him to Slim because at least when he started he was a fun storyteller with a lot of humor and lyrically there aren't that many people in the history of rap I'd consider more talented. Too bad he fucked up royally.

Detox

What kind of man would sit on a pregnant woman's belly? Shit I can just imagine him jumping up and down on that, what a disgusting little shit Joe Budden is.

If this is true Em going to drop him from slaughterhouse in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1...

kamspy

Bishman said:

Well, it's probably got a lot to do with the mood I'm in. My wife just got out of hospital and now has some crazy disease, the place I work at is closing in the Fall, I'm 28 going on 45 because I've had kids since I was 17. It's like really good early mid life crisis music for me.

Plus, every song on the album is good. Some of the posse joints are as good as the Tyler solos. And holy shit, the hook on She is incredible. I hummed it for days before I even realized exactly what the words were. That song succeeds on so many levels. It's a bumpable party summer track, and it completely trolls bumpable party summer tracks at the same time, and most people probably won't even notice it during a casual listen.

I can understand how it doesn't resonate with everyone though. Hell I might not even have liked it if I wasn't where I am right now.

The M.O.B

List Wars!!!

I like almost everyone on Bishman's list cept Wiz and I have never listed to the weeknd before so I can't judge that. But J.Cole and KRIT are definitely better than Tyler to me, XV is not(yet), and Laws is only good because of the production he gets. Frank is better than all of em but he is no rapper obviously.

KRIT > J.Cole > Tyler > XV > Laws

I am pretty split on Tyler, his album was uneven to me. Some highs and some lows.

nns3d

ReconYoda said:
I love frank ocean, i enjoy tyler, i was talking about him saying XV and J.Cole were shit.

Ohh gotcha

Would you compare John Legend to Eminem?...I mean WTF

I'm gonna guess you meant to quote Bishman lol

and WTF at the Joe Budden story. Just reading the warrant is just... wow.

kamspy

HiResDes said:
Budden used to make me feel sorry for him with all of his seemingly heartfelt emo raps, but now if and when I listen to him I'll instantly think of this incident.

Yep. If I wasn't done with Joey on some level already, I am now. What a fuckin dirt bag. We'll see if Shady and the rest of Slaughterhouse are stand up guys and drop the junkie from the group.

Detox

Budden is over he can't carry on after this right? If the story is true who would buy his albums? He even made a song about it and is now on twitter lol'ing at the story smh. I can handle disgusting, shock rap as much as anyone else but when it is a real life situation I know about then that is just crossing the line.

Em needs to act fast on this because I don't think Slaughterhouse will do anything with Joe Budden on the roster. Hiphop as a community has to condemn this shit, someone needs to Ether Budden.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
What a piece of shit. Never liked the fucker anyway, but to do that to a pregnant chick? Why isn't his ass in jail? Are we sure this happened? I mean, if it did, why is he walking free?

leadbelly

Banned
Interestingly, 'Onyx' isn't on that list. I suppose I would describe Onyx as 'extreme hardcore gangster rap'. I can see why that would put a lot people off them. I have to admit, listening to their music used to make me feel strangely angry and aggressive. lol

Also, Sticky Fingaz is on the list, who is actually a member of Onyx.

'shut 'em down' is one of the greatest albums ever made, if you can listen to it objectively as a form of art.

some examples:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2xWDc3VZhBw&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6C3aJv5p20&feature=fvsr
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2iZAOgWPeQ&feature=related

Jay Sosa

Damn you guys are quick to judge..it's not like there aren't some women who make up shit to make their man look bad. And I don't even like Joe Budden, listening to him is like seeing puppies drown.

The M.O.B

WanderingWind said:
What a piece of shit. Never liked the fucker anyway, but to do that to a pregnant chick? Why isn't his ass in jail? Are we sure this happened? I mean, if it did, why is he walking free?

It is a gossip blog..........nothing reputable about that site.

HiResDes

The M.O.B said:
It is a gossip blog..........nothing reputable about that site.
Oh it's not just the accusation of infanticide, but the way he carries himself and his treatment of women in general isn't very flattering.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
I'm the goddamn president of the "budden is punk bitch who should be working at McDonalds" club but even I would like some confirmation before believing this. Women lie, Men lie.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Detox said:
Budden is over he can't carry on after this right? If the story is true who would buy his albums? He even made a song about it and is now on twitter lol'ing at the story smh. I can handle disgusting, shock rap as much as anyone else but when it is a real life situation I know about then that is just crossing the line.

Em needs to act fast on this because I don't think Slaughterhouse will do anything with Joe Budden on the roster. Hiphop as a community has to condemn this shit, someone needs to Ether Budden.
Apparently, all it takes is a few pics of rug burn to start a million women march, lol
34 minutes ago

Wow. Just wow. What the fuck is this shit? I liked the dude too, and even enjoyed his verse on Class' album I listened to today. But this is some serious shit, I would say more serious than the Chris Brown fiasco. Shady damage control on this is going to be crazy. He pretty much just jeopardized all of Slaughterhouse's future. And that's the least fucked up part of this incident.. how the fuck do you defend yourself with this shit when your on record for being literally a piece of shit?

TSS or someone needs to get on this.

TheOddOne

The M.O.B said:
List Wars!!!

I like almost everyone on Bishman's list cept Wiz and I have never listed to the weeknd before so I can't judge that. But J.Cole and KRIT are definitely better than Tyler to me, XV is not(yet), and Laws is only good because of the production he gets. Frank is better than all of em but he is no rapper obviously.

KRIT > J.Cole > Tyler > XV > Laws

I am pretty split on Tyler, his album was uneven to me. Some highs and some lows.
K.R.I.T. -> Every new kid on the block.

Fucking still bang both his mixtapes daily.

DominoKid

enzo_gt said:
Wow. Just wow. What the fuck is this shit? I liked the dude too, and even enjoyed his verse on Class' album I listened to today. But this is some serious shit, I would say more serious than the Chris Brown fiasco. Shady damage control on this is going to be crazy. He pretty much just jeopardized all of Slaughterhouse's future. And that's the least fucked up part of this incident.. how the fuck do you defend yourself with this shit when your on record for being literally a piece of shit?

TSS or someone needs to get on this.

the Chris Brown shit pales in comparison to this. only reason it might go away is cause nobody really gives a fuck about Budden anyway.

siddx

DominoKid said:
the Chris Brown shit pales in comparison to this. only reason it might go away is cause nobody really gives a fuck about Budden anyway.

That and Esther Baxter is a video whore, which is only half a spot below Stripper on the "trustibility" scale.

Detox

Apparently he is going on DJ Envy's breakfast show tomorrow to clear things up. I can imagine all the PR guys at Shady Aftermath getting a script ready for him.

Is that fetus pic even possible, it can't be right? I mean did she just keep it like a souvenir all fresh in blood.

I'm waiting for the details of this Budden situation before I start thinking anything at this point.

But if all that is true, gotDAMN, ain't no way he's ever living this down.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DominoKid said:
Oh Joe Budden is definitely a nobody, but Eminem and Jimmy Iovine are somebodies who will care about this shit, rumour or not, and will have to lay the smackdown hard on Budden. You can't do this shit and carry a professional career. Em and Interscope are not interested in signing baby killers.

You have to be fucking in kaio-ken mode to do something like repeatedly sit on a pregnant woman's stomach.

WanderingWind

To be honest, I still don't know how Chris Brown got away with it. Women just don't care about getting beat, apparently, cause that dude is still selling out venues.

Recon

Banned
Honestly this will only become a problem with a slightly vocal minority. This will be no where as big as the Chris Brown situation as no one outside of some internet fans give a shit about Joey. I like the dude, i think this is a horrible situation, i will still buy the next slaughterhouse record regardless. I think violence against women is a very bad thing, but i also know from personal experience how females can be lying and very horrible people in a bad relationship.(Again, im not advocating violence against woman, i know how some of you like to respond to a post without reading the whole damn thing)

kamspy

WanderingWind said:
To be honest, I still don't know how Chris Brown got away with it. Women just don't care about getting beat, apparently, cause that dude is still selling out venues.

Apples and oranges.

ReconYoda said:
i will still buy the next slaughterhouse record regardless.)

Before reading this, I wasn't sure if you were really a dumb ass.

nns3d

Do we actually know what went down between Chris Brown and Rihanna outside of the gossips? I find it strange that after more than a year later we still haven't gotten whole story.

WanderingWind

kamspy said:
Apples and oranges.

Sure. But I'm saying I just can't figure out how this shit will land. I thought for sure Brown's bowtie wearing ass was done for, but I was wrong there. Who knows about this bullshit (if true).

HiResDes

Afrocentric-Asian said:
Do we actually know what went down between Chris Brown and Rihanna outside of the gossips? I find it strange that after more than a year later we still haven't gotten whole story.
Yeah I've heard rumors that she burned him rather bad, and if that's the case I understand how he reacted...Although I'm in no way backing how he acted

Recon

Banned
HiResDes said:
Yeah I've heard rumors that she burned him rather bad, and if that's the case I understand how he reacted...Although I'm in no way backing how he acted

I kept hearing rumors of her giving him the herps or something like that.

kamspy

Here's a new fucking Frank Ocean song.

U Got It

WanderingWind said:
Sure. But I'm saying I just can't figure out how this shit will land. I thought for sure Brown's bowtie wearing ass was done for, but I was wrong there. Who knows about this bullshit (if true).

It won't be as big as Chris Brown. Regular junkies beating up pregnant women don't make nation news. Joey Buttons is a nobody. They'll put Rass Kass in Slaughterhouse and has-been, washed up, junkie rapper Budden will crawl back into his cess pool. Who fucks a rapper cum dumpster without a condom? Joe Budden!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
HiResDes said:
I heard the popular "she gave him the herp". You'll never know the full story, and regardless, Chris Brown is a dick for beating Rihanna that bad. EDIT: beaten by ReconYoda.

The amount of women I've heard say "oh well, I forgive him" over the shit is absolutely appalling.

WanderingWind

A lot of rumors. It went at first that she gave him herpes (doubtful) then that she scratched him (more likely) and all kinds of other shit. Regardless, we have pics of her face afterward, and short of being afraid of your life, there ain't no reason to beat that ass like that, you know?

siddx

The story I hear most often that sounds consistent is that she found texts on his cell phone from girls he was fucking on the side and flipped her shit at him, and he responded by beating her ass. Chris Brown is a fucking child, so it wouldn't surprise me that the only way he could figure out how to calm her down is hitting her.

Detox

If Em doesn't drop Joe there is no way I will buy anything Slaughterhouse ever releases. The message being sent out is not good for Shady / Aftermath, Em, Jimmy, Dre they are all fathers they won't let Joe get away with this. If this becomes bigger than bossip it's also going to be bad for hiphop in general so many people will spin this shit into look at hiphop and it's negative influence etc.

Now I just await whatever Joe has to say to defend himself, if the story is true especially the fetus he is just going to make himself look like an idiot.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Net_Wrecker said:
I'm waiting for the details of this Budden situation before I start thinking anything at this point.

But if all that is true, gotDAMN, ain't no way he's ever living this down.

I would wait for all the details to come out. But I will say this, Joe was going in on her pretty hard on twitter until she started talking about evidence of his violence she was going to bring up. Then he stopped cold. Without knowing all of the details, that is a bit suspect.

There are two sides to every story and then there is the truth. Trusting a video model or a rapper 100% is usually a bad move. No reason to take everything said by either one as gospel truth.

kamspy said:
FWIW, Julia Beverly is railing about it.

Then again, she was on the bandwagon saying that Rap caused rape a few weeks ago. I remember her and Slim Thug going at it hard for a few hours.

enzo_gt said:
Oh Joe Budden is definitely a nobody, but Eminem and Jimmy Iovine are somebodies who will care about this shit, rumour or not, and will have to lay the smackdown hard on Budden. You can't do this shit and carry a professional career. Em and Interscope are not interested in signing baby killers.

You have to be fucking in kaio-ken mode to do something like repeatedly sit on a pregnant woman's stomach.

Yeah Em who raps about violence on females daily, has talked about wanting to do bodily harm to the mother of his child is really going to put his foot down about a story on Bossip? You are acting like being a rapper is like being a Senator or some shit. How the hell is this going to hurt him? He wasn't exactly a household name before and this won't hurt his fame now. If anything it will help. Em and Jimmy won't do shit or say shit. If anything, this will be exploited in a skit during the Slaughterhouse show. Just like the skit before they do "Pump it up".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom