• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Recon

Banned
WanderingWind said:
A lot of rumors. It went at first that she gave him herpes (doubtful) then that she scratched him (more likely) and all kinds of other shit. Regardless, we have pics of her face afterward, and short of being afraid of your life, there ain't no reason to beat that ass like that, you know?

Nothing is grounds for beating a female like that. You get a disease, thats your problem for not both getting tested or using protection first. And if she scratched him, big deal. I think Chris has shown he has a temper(the incident that happened recently) when no one does anything to him physically.

kamspy

The fetus is real. This shit is all on twitter right now. Check @JuliaBeverly, @EshterBaxter, @JoeBudden and @kamspy. Shit is all over the major channels right now.

dskillzhtown said:
Then again, she was on the bandwagon saying that Rap caused rape a few weeks ago. I remember her and Slim Thug going at it hard for a few hours.

Yeah, but her and Thugga are still cool as fuck after the debate. She's good people in the hip hop blogosphere. A respectable chick from all accounts I've read. I don't think she would get teased into some bullshit. She's the one who acted as the intermediary between Baxter and Bossip.

DominoKid

ReconYoda said:
Honestly this will only become a problem with a slightly vocal minority. This will be no where as big as the Chris Brown situation as no one outside of some internet fans give a shit about Joey. I like the dude, i think this is a horrible situation, i will still buy the next slaughterhouse record regardless. I think violence against women is a very bad thing, but i also know from personal experience how females can be lying and very horrible people in a bad relationship.(Again, im not advocating violence against woman, i know how some of you like to respond to a post without reading the whole damn thing)

wow.

thats basically like saying youre cool w/ what he did.

Recon

Banned
I love the standards set for rappers: Sell Drugs, Commit serious violence on anyone but women=Ok. Hit a female=Fuck you.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
siddx said:
The story I hear most often that sounds consistent is that she found texts on his cell phone from girls he was fucking on the side and flipped her shit at him, and he responded by beating her ass. Chris Brown is a fucking child, so it wouldn't surprise me that the only way he could figure out how to calm her down is hitting her.
Now under what circumstances is it appropriate to explicitly beat a women to the point where she has a miscarriage?

I can't think of any. Joe is in some deep shit if this is true, and I bet Em will swiftly wipe that smug off of his face. Feeling like less of a fan already without confirmation of the allegations. And the worst thing he could possibly do is post sarcastic remarks on twitter about a potentially serious and entirely sensitive subject. Come the fuck on, don't open your mouth if you don't have anything nice to say, if you value your fucking integrity.

ReconYoda said:
I love the standards set for rappers: Sell Drugs, Commit serious violence on anyone but women=Ok. Hit a female=Fuck you.
Apple and oranges? I'm sorry but talking about killing a gang member is not the same as actually killing a pregnant woman's unborn child.

kamspy

ReconYoda said:

Sounds good to me. But I'm biased. I'm happily married and have 4 daughters. My mom was pretty cool too.

Recon

Banned
enzo_gt said:
Now under what circumstances is it appropriate to explicitly beat a women to the point where she has a miscarriage?

I can't think of any. Joe is in some deep shit if this is true, and I bet Em will swiftly wipe that smug off of his face. Feeling like less of a fan already without confirmation of the allegations. And the worst thing he could possibly do is post sarcastic remarks on twitter about a potentially serious and entirely sensitive subject. Come the fuck on, don't open your mouth if you don't have anything nice to say, if you value your fucking integrity.

Apple and oranges? I'm sorry but talking about killing a gang member is not the same as actually killing a pregnant woman.

He didnt kill a pregnant woman.

DominoKid said:
wow.

thats basically like saying youre cool w/ what he did.

Not at all. Since i explicitly said otherwise. I just like the music the group makes. Tell me this, how many rappers albums have you bought that brag about the drug game or violence?

Detox

dskillzhtown said:
Yeah Em who raps about violence on females daily, has talked about wanting to do bodily harm to the mother of his child is really going to put his foot down about a story on Bossip?
That is completely different, Em does it for shock value he has tackled this subject in his songs. Will Em ever actually hit his wife or kill her or whatever no way.

It's not just hitting a woman that is wrong with this, it's that dead fetus and the fact he said people getting hyped over carpet burns. I mean she got marks on her neck how can he laugh it off as carpet burns.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
enzo_gt said:

If she's giving birth to Hitler? If she's going to use the baby the bring about the apocalypse? If it's Nicki Minaj?

Recon

Banned
kamspy said:
Sounds good to me. But I'm biased. I'm happily married and have 4 daughters. My mom was pretty cool too.

I find it horrible what he did, but i just find that killing another human being or selling drugs that poison communities just as bad.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
ReconYoda said:
I find it horrible what he did, but i just find that killing another human being or selling drugs that poison communities just as bad.

I mean, you realize that saying you shot a motherfucka dead is vastly different from killing a child IRL, right?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
dskillzhtown said:
Yeah Em who raps about violence on females daily, has talked about wanting to do bodily harm to the mother of his child is really going to put his foot down about a story on Bossip? You are acting like being a rapper is like being a Senator or some shit. How the hell is this going to hurt him? He wasn't exactly a household name before and this won't hurt his fame now. If anything it will help. Em and Jimmy won't do shit or say shit. If anything, this will be exploited in a skit during the Slaughterhouse show. Just like the skit before they do "Pump it up".
Yeah uh.. rapping about stuff is different from actually doing it. I mean, that's common sense.

Being a rapper isn't like being a senator, but being an executive in a business is something else entirely. Contrary to what you may think, Em has responsibilities beyond just the content of what he raps about. Em won't explicitly make a PR announcement even acknowledging it, because that's bad press, but behind the scenes there's going to be a Jay-and-Kanye esque sit down where Em sits down and tells Joe that you fucked up homie, you fucked up bad.

HiResDes

ReconYoda said:
See this is where we differ, I don't think selling drugs is nearly as bad...Especially if you're talking about the "gateway" drugs, but hey I'm not a very religious person. Oh and I also agree with what WanderingWind just said.

Recon

Banned
HiResDes said:
See this is where we differ, I don't think selling drugs is nearly as bad...Especially if you're talking about the "gateway" drugs, but hey I'm not a very religious person. Oh and I also agree with what WanderingWind just said.

Im not religious at all, dont see where that comes into the discussion. I think weed is fine for everyone, i was talking about the harder shit.

siddx

WanderingWind said:
I mean, you realize that saying you shot a motherfucka dead is vastly different from killing a child IRL, right?

Yes, but at the same time, there are rappers who actually have killed another person. And rappers who sold crack that helped destroy families and communities. We don't mind listening to these scumbag's music. Regardless, like I said, Esther is about as trustworthy as a 2 dollar whore, and Budden isn't any better. I wouldn't be surprised if it was true, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was complete bullshit, either way nothing changes for me because I was never a budden fan.

effzee

Wow I really like Joe Buddens but if any of this is true FUCK him. I will wait till the information comes out. If its true fuck him, he should be in jail, and I never want to hear record a song ever again.

Such a waste of talent and human life.

Recon

Banned
WanderingWind said:

He didnt kill a child if im not mistaken. A fetus that young is not a child.

Detox

enzo_gt said:
Yeah uh.. rapping about stuff is different from actually doing it. I mean, that's common sense.

Being a rapper isn't like being a senator, but being an executive in a business is something else entirely. Contrary to what you may think, Em has responsibilities beyond just the content of what he raps about. Em won't explicitly make a PR announcement even acknowledging it, because that's bad press, but behind the scenes there's going to be a Jay-and-Kanye esque sit down where Em sits down and tells Joe that you fucked up homie, you fucked up bad.

I think Em will go further than that in a lot of his songs he sounds really close to Hailie. If the dead baby is true then I don't think anybody can handle it especially someone who is a dad. Plus at that point I can see Dre and Jimmy getting involved. It all depends on if this story blows up.

HiResDes

No it's not the same, in fact if Esther had agreed to have an abortion I wouldn't even care...But if he really threatened and forcibly killed the potential child without her consent then that shit is near unforgivable.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
How legit is this? Arguments between the two over the past week.

ReconYoda said:
He didnt kill a child if im not mistaken. A fetus that young is not a child.
So wait your discriminating between soft drugs and hard drugs but getting picky over the death of a fetus vs. a child despite a life being lost at the end of the day?

That shit is fucked up no matter how you spin it.

Recon

Banned
Net_Wrecker said:
And HERE we are folks.

It was bound to get here, and I think this is where it should stop.

Well, i feel it is true if we are going to get specific about it. At no point am i condoning the actions of Joe Budden. And if this is all actually 100% the way she is telling it, than i probably wont buy anything with him. But i just cant trust a female at face value anymore. I feel there is probably a lot more to this story.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
siddx said:
Yes, but at the same time, there are rappers who actually have killed another person. And rappers who sold crack that helped destroy families and communities. We don't mind listening to these scumbag's music. Regardless, like I said, Esther is about as trustworthy as a 2 dollar whore, and Budden isn't any better. I wouldn't be surprised if it was true, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was complete bullshit, either way nothing changes for me because I was never a budden fan.

Agreed.

Also, not like anyone ready to lynch Joe Budden without hearing the full story stopped buying Dre after Dee Barnes. Funny how things change. That shit was on video, but a twitter post and a gossip site can make people grab pitchforks.

Now if Joe Budden was everyone's favorite rapper, then I am sure people would be ready to wait for the facts to come in or atleast hear both sides of the story.

siddx

enzo_gt said:

So wait your discriminating between soft drugs and hard drugs but getting picky over the death of a fetus vs. a child despite a life being lost at the end of the day?

No he isn't. He's saying hard drugs and soft drugs are different. The same way a fetus and an actual child is different.

Recon

Banned
enzo_gt said:

Yes and No, selling weed has hurt innocent people i am sure, but i was talking about something else when i made that statement. Im only talking about what scientifically constitutes a child, and a 3 month fetus isnt it. Unless your religious, and think every child is some kind of gift from god.

I feel like i should just follow the crowd and say "Fuck you Budden" since i think everyone thinks i agree with what he did, i dont.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
siddx said:
No he isn't. He's saying hard drugs and soft drugs are different. The same way a fetus and an actual child is different.
I'm reading too much into this and getting ahead of myself.

Now Chris Brown and Joe Budden going at it on Twitter.

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
Also, let's not go down the fetus/child thing as it will spiral into abortion talk which sill spiral into some grey names in this thread.

Last thing I am saying about Budden -

I actually think the dude is immature, lazy and has the drive of a slug though god gave him a world of talent. I think he needs to grow up and stop being a 31-year old teenager. I am frequently embarrassed for him almost daily when he tweets.

But I do realize there is no way I am going to get all the facts of what happened so I am not going to call for his lynching or prop him up as not doing anything wrong. I don't know wtf happened. I know he and Esther had a nasty break up after they were all lovey just a few months ago. Anytime two have a nasty breakup and are as immature as both of them are, all kinds of accusations get thrown out there.

Recon

Banned
siddx said:

Thank you, i think we are on the same page on this issue, with the only difference i kinda like buddens work.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
Good lord. We're really going to argue over the fetus vs child semantics? Come on. I was the first person to say "if he did it" but let's not get stupid. If he did do it, he is disgusting, fetus, child, god gift or whatever you call it.

siddx

enzo_gt said:
I'm reading too much into this and getting ahead of myself.

Now Chris Brown and Joe Budden going at it on Twitter.

lol I just read that. Two bitch ass motherfuckers having a quick slap fight.

Recon

Banned
WanderingWind said:
Good lord. We're really going to argue over the fetus vs child semantics? Come on. I was the first person to say "if he did it" but let's not get stupid. If he did do it, he is disgusting, fetus, child, god gift or whatever you call it.

While i dont think it is just semantics, i do agree if he actually did it like she describes, then he is disgusting.

Kusagari

I have to admit I laughed at Joey going "if i cared about being in any1's good graces, i'd be working on my Michael Jackson tribute as we speak ...."

The herpes story always struck me as a sexist attempt to justify the beating. Nothing Rihanna could have possibly done would justify such a beating, or any beating. She wasn't threatening his life with a knife or some shit, where you have to protect yourself.

Joe Budden is a piece of shit. I don't see how any man could respect him, nor do I see how he continually bags all these hot models. Maybe he reminds them of their father

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I'm in agreement we shouldn't put this down the fetus/abortion/miscarriage route of conversation, because those will end badly and this really isn't the place.

I enjoy Buddens work, and this is inconclusive so far (despite there being "proof"). But I'm not giving him the benefit of the doubt, cause this is looking shady as fuck and Esther made threats days ago and Budden just said he's not a baby killer (back to semantics). I don't know who to trust, the video whore or the schizophrenic rapper, and at this point, the so called evidence is pointing a wee bit in Esther's favour. Really, I know Joe Budden is kinda fucked in the head (I mean he makes a living off of it, right) but I never expected him of all people to pull some shit like this.

SMH @ Mood Muzik 4.5 trailer release on this day. This hour.

siddx

WanderingWind said:

I don't think anybody is denying that. The fetus/child thing was just a momentary side track. The argument was over whether it was ok to continue listening to Budden if he did indeed do it.

HiResDes

siddx said:
I don't think anybody is denying that. The fetus/child thing was just a momentary side track. The argument was over whether it was ok to continue listening to Budden if he did indeed do it.

Oh that's actually a much more interesting argument...I mean I'm not saying I like Budden all too much, but if I did I'd be torn if this was true. I mean there have been many great artists who have done things just as bad or worse. For example, the composer Wagner, whose genius is well-known as is his anti-semitic fervor. You could argue that if Budden were a true master at his craft this incident could in no way make that genius null and void. Wagner is still very highly regarded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom