• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-HOP: New Official 2010+ Thread of "hiphop ain't dead"

Status
Not open for further replies.

JEKKI

I always feel like I am the only dood in this thread from LA.

but in the case that I am not!!!

Primo is spinning this saturday, come check it out!!

NIGHTLIFE_webpromo_rev.jpg

Detox

The M.O.B said:
Watchu mean?

tumblr_liqnt1RRbY1qgjo6jo1_500.gif
Ye should have been on that list, he is softer than Wiz look what Amber Rose said about him "There’s no comparison in personalities. You know when people say how do you go from Kanye to Wiz Khalifa, that’s a downgrade. But the only question I can ask them is: have you ever dated Kanye? Because I have, and believe me, I did not downgrade at all. Not in any aspect, at all." *shots fired*

Swizz Beatz Aka Snoop Budden = the funniest part of big ghost new soft awards.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Detox said:
Ye should have been on that list, he is softer than Wiz look what Amber Rose said about him "There’s no comparison in personalities. You know when people say how do you go from Kanye to Wiz Khalifa, that’s a downgrade. But the only question I can ask them is: have you ever dated Kanye? Because I have, and believe me, I did not downgrade at all. Not in any aspect, at all." *shots fired*

Swizz Beatz Aka Snoop Budden = the funniest part of big ghost new soft awards.
It is a downgrade if your going down 4 tax brackets, 3 tiers of relevancy and up 2 sizes of fabric softner.

WanderingWind

Mecklemore Is My Favorite Wrapper
enzo_gt said:
It is a downgrade if your going down 4 tax brackets, 3 tiers of relevancy and up 2 sizes of fabric softner.

Nah, sorry, but Kanye is the original soft serve rapper. (this gen, anyway)

WanderingWind said:
Nah, sorry, but Kanye is the original soft serve rapper. (this gen, anyway)
People throwing the word soft around a lot lately. When did that start? When Kanye first appeared? I don't remember it back then

kamspy

Wiz is harder then Kanye. I just asked my wife and she said Wiz.
Wiz may be soft, but at least he doesn't act like a woman.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
kamspy said:
Wiz is harder then Kanye. I just asked my wife and she said Wiz.
Wiz may be soft, but at least he doesn't act like a woman.
He dyed his hair, like a female. He looks like a walking cornflake.

Kanye is admittedly the OG of soft rappers though, but Wiz has transcended.

kamspy

enzo_gt said:
He dyed his hair, like a female. He looks like a walking cornflake.

Kanye is admittedly the OG of soft rappers though, but Wiz has transcended.

Well, he still hasn't made an entire album about being butt hurt over a video chick.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Softer than a baby's dick wrapped in fleece

Master Milk said:
People throwing the word soft around a lot lately. When did that start? When Kanye first appeared? I don't remember it back then

Kanye threw on some skinny jeans and started throwing pms like tantrums and suddenly a whole slew of rappers followed him into the land of downy and charmin.

siddx

kamspy said:
Well, he still hasn't made an entire album about being butt hurt over a video chick.

Truth, but just wait till Wiz gets dumped, next album....

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
LOZLINK said:
Wiz pretty much the softest thing in the laundry room. word.

What is "soft"? I mean, is it the on wax persona or out of the studio actions? I mean, is Big K.R.I.T. soft because he talks about how he feels about shit and his life? Would LL be considered soft because of "I Need Love"?

I know that when I was coming up, if you weren't in Two Live Crew, NWA or PE, then you were soft.

siddx

dskillzhtown said:
What is "soft"? I mean, is it the on wax persona or out of the studio actions? I mean, is Big K.R.I.T. soft because he talks about how he feels about shit and his life? Would LL be considered soft because of "I Need Love"?

I know that when I was coming up, if you weren't in Two Live Crew, NWA or PE, then you were soft.

It isn't what you say, it's how you say it. KRIT can talk about how he feels without sounding like a whiny shit who lets everything with a vagina make him spiral into a depression. Even one or two songs talking about women is fine, but a whole album? Or exposing yourself as a pussy whipped bitch?

kamspy said:
Just scroll up and look at the last two pictures posted.

I like that Kanye's haircut makes him look like a homeless dude.

Detox

The level of hardness has fallen over the years but if you want to know what hard vs soft is look no further than this picture. Tony Montana on the left and Chico on the right.
yZGN6.jpg

WanderingWind

O.DOGG said:
Z-Ro is the greatest living rapper. That's all.

Oh, god. Did every other rapper in the world die in a plane crash or something? Quick, somebody call Diddy to buy the rights to the remix of "American Pie!" THIS is the day the music died!

Kimosabae

Banned
siddx said:
My favorite right now is Grubstake. I just love the back and forth they do. So sick.

That track is emblematic of the energy of the album, I think. Has a neo-90s vibe to it with the myriad back and forths, echos and short bar verses.

A lot of these white rappers get a lot of flack for not being "real hip hop", but some of them are propping up the traditional strengths and energies of the culture better than most right now.

SUPREME1

Banned
What's with this 'soft' discussion?

Who gives a shit? Kanye can be a soft as he wants, even name his next album 'I am soft',
and you'd all still buy his next album. Who cares.

And yeah, Amber Rose did downgrade in the one category that matters most to video hoes like her: Dat bank account

siddx

SUPREME1 said:
What's with this 'soft' discussion?

Who gives a shit? Kanye can be a soft as he wants, even name his next album 'I am soft',
and you'd all still buy his next album. Who cares.

And yeah, Amber Rose did downgrade in the one category that matters most to video hoes like her: Dat bank account

Speak for yourself, I haven't bought a Kanye album since Late Registration.

Softer than a pillow case filled with dead rabbits.

Esch

Banned
6. Puffy

Thanks for Biggie son.....but please get the fuck outta here. Puff is like the nigga at the party that wont go home. Notice the joint was called "Coming Home"....cos the nigga never actually GOES home namsayin. No nigga on the face of the earth has stuck around while doin almost nothin of importance for this long b. I think we was good after No Way Out son. You aint need to drop 4 other full albums after that tho. You coulda left b. Niggas coulda lived without Danity Kane n Ciroc. Son been on W.U.S.H status for a minute namsayin but I aint even frontin on the soft ass eurotrash Cirque du Soleil music he makin. Sons on this list cos his moistness levels has been percolatin like a muthafucka. This niggas blood is almost all champagne now. That might sound like some fly shit but you can see what the actual results is yaself namsayin.

ahahahaha oh man.

IrishNinja

not to return to the land of anti-spartan talk, but yeah, hip-hops had a long history of downy softenss, i just always thought it was cool cause it stayed in its lane (party shit like kid n play,etc). LL used to walk the line with "i need love" type shit, but for the most part, the murder murder murder/kill kill kill shit didnt really cross over all that often for me, with exceptions like Pac fucking with Digital Underground before getting so angry later in life. now you get hard dudes like 50 trying the eurotrash stuff to cash in - but to his credit, wasnt ye always open bout being a sensitive bitch? i never heard dude call himself a gangster or anything.

also: amber rose better have the mines of solomon between her thighs, cause im not seeing it. and wiz already tattooed her name on his hand? SMH

ps Wu says Young Dirty Bastard dropping may 24th, any buzz?

Esch

Banned
Ye was always soft. But he was a good rapper up until about Graduation, so i didnt really give a fuck. He went from just being in touch with himself to just being an egotistical little self conscious hipster bitch, so yeah. Hip-hop's supposed to have a cut of that emotionality shit to itself, but it has to be heart felt. And no song and dancing ass *****s. nahmean?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
IrishNinja said:
not to return to the land of anti-spartan talk, but yeah, hip-hops had a long history of downy softenss, i just always thought it was cool cause it stayed in its lane (party shit like kid n play,etc). LL used to walk the line with "i need love" type shit, but for the most part, the murder murder murder/kill kill kill shit didnt really cross over all that often for me, with exceptions like Pac fucking with Digital Underground before getting so angry later in life. now you get hard dudes like 50 trying the eurotrash stuff to cash in - but to his credit, wasnt ye always open bout being a sensitive bitch? i never heard dude call himself a gangster or anything.

also: amber rose better have the mines of solomon between her thighs, cause im not seeing it. and wiz already tattooed her name on his hand? SMH

ps Wu says Young Dirty Bastard dropping may 24th, any buzz?
Seriously?

softer than P tattooing G-Unit on his hand.

In other news, another Game single ft. Trey Songz on the same day as the Red Nation video is out with those shirts biting Roc Nation :lol *sigh* Will not link to it though, because it's featuring fucking Trey Songz. Who's probably even worse than Ne-Yo. Game, how do you even fuck up a Justin Timberlake feature?

WanderingWind

enzo_gt said:
Seriously?

softer than P tattooing G-Unit on his hand.

In other news, another Game single ft. Trey Songz on the same day as the Red Nation video is out with those shirts biting Roc Nation :lol *sigh* Will not link to it though, because it's featuring fucking Trey Songz. Who's probably even worse than Ne-Yo. Game, how do you even fuck up a Justin Timberlake feature?

...in retrospect, Game kinda fucked up the West coast for mainstream rap, didn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom